Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your X-Factor for the Iran vs Qatar match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your X-Factor for the Iran vs Qatar match?

My X-factor is Jalal Hosseini. If he can have a big game and control the back line, then Iran can easily open up their attacking and create chances at goal. If not, then Iran might be forced to play more conservative in order to not allow a silly goal.

I think they will actually try and attack from the wings, so in that case I hope Vouria or Milad or Ehsan or Ramin or whoever will be on the wings can shut them down.

The issue with Qatar is that even on their best day they don't dominate the game against us. Its always counterattacks and aerial play.
    If we can avoid surprises and quick counters by them I think TM will be ok.

Comment

It's got to be Masoud or Dejagah (whoever the starting CAM is) for me....if they can create chances for sardar/Reza/Karim we will be in good shape. It's a big if though, that middle is always clogged which is why we are forced to send in tons of crosses against Qatar, luckily tho that's not such a bad alternative when you got sardar on the pitch
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The Azmoun - Dejagah - JB trio will have to run the show, I cannot think of any team outside the top 3 in Asia that should be able to handle them especially in the current form that they're in. The chemistry between JB and Sardar will be very important.

Saeid will also have to control himself in this game, we cannot afford any Pouladi scenario at this stage, he gets booked basically every game

Comment

Azmoun. The kid is 21 years-old and 80 million people expect him to score and lead us to the World Cup. Let's hope he rises to the occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            The Azmoun - Dejagah - JB trio will have to run the show, I cannot think of any team outside the top 3 in Asia that should be able to handle them especially in the current form that they're in. The chemistry between JB and Sardar will be very important.

Saeid will also have to control himself in this game, we cannot afford any Pouladi scenario at this stage, he gets booked basically every game
            Dejagah is in good form?

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Dejagah is in good form?
              JB and Sardar, 2/3 at least don't get greedy An inform Ashkan tho is a level above AFC teams, hopefully the fact that players around him improved even more helps him get it back

Comment

I think it comes down to Jahanbakhsh to be honest.

He is going to give us width so the Qatari defense cant play Narrow. I fully expect Qatar's CBs to try and sandwich Azmoun the whole game on every cross. If JB can cut inside take on their LB and lure their guys out of position we got this.

Comment

Jahanbaksh and Azmoun for me. Great chemistry and both are in great form.

Comment

Dejagah will show out tomorrow

Comment

Jahanbakhsh was completely shut down by UAE defenders during the Asian Cup, and UAE is a team similar to Qatar in tactics when playing against Iran.

I think he doesn't do well against tight defenses, he needs more space to create chances. But nonetheless I would still let him start since he is in form with AZ lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Jahanbakhsh was completely shut down by UAE defenders during the Asian Cup, and UAE is a team similar to Qatar in tactics when playing against Iran.

I think he doesn't do well against tight defenses, he needs more space to create chances. But nonetheless I would still let him start since he is in form with AZ lately.
                        Luckily we also have great LMs so if Jahanbakhsh is shut down, the other side will work. If both sides are shut down, we''l go from the middle. We're gonna kill 'em!

Comment

I think Dejagah will be our X factor simply cause he's the most familiar with the Qatari game and style of play, seeing as he's been playing in the QSL for the last two years, and has also faced their national team 3 times since playing for Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                            I think Dejagah will be our X factor simply cause he's the most familiar with the Qatari game and style of play, seeing as he's been playing in the QSL for the last two years, and has also faced their national team 3 times since playing for Team Melli.
                            The X Factor will be Qatar's soorakh goalie. If he is possessed by the ghost of the still-living Oliver Khan, may God help us. If he plays to his quality, we should score 2-3 easily.

Why is it that goalies when playing Iran become the greatest ever, and then are soorakh against teams like Syria. It makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Wasn't that when he was out of form coming back from his injury? His form today is nowhere close to what it was then, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X