This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
    I don't get why people are saying his is a world record (taking three different teams to four World Cups). What about Bora Milutinovic?
    Queiroz didn't merely take teams to four different World Cups - he qualified his teams for four different World Cups. Milutinovic has taken five different teams to World Cups, but four of those teams had already qualified for the World Cup before he took over - 1994 USA and 1986 Mexico (as host nations), and 1990 Costa Rica and 1998 Nigeria (Bora took over these teams after they already qualified.) Milutinovic only took China through the qualification process for the 2002 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
      Queiroz didn't merely take teams to four different World Cups - he qualified his teams for four different World Cups. Milutinovic has taken five different teams to World Cups, but four of those teams had already qualified for the World Cup before he took over - 1994 USA and 1986 Mexico (as host nations), and 1990 Costa Rica and 1998 Nigeria (Bora took over these teams after they already qualified.) Milutinovic only took China through the qualification process for the 2002 World Cup.
      You sure about that? According to Wikipedia, he started coaching four of those teams (all except Costa Rica) way ahead of the pertinent WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
        You sure about that? According to Wikipedia, he started coaching four of those teams (all except Costa Rica) way ahead of the pertinent WC.
        He coached USA and Mexico in 1986 and 1994 but they were host nations so there was no qualification period. Armen is correct. The only team that Bora actually took over prior to the world cup and helped them qualified was china in 2002 and we all remember what an easy group china had at that time.

Carlos Parreira qualified with Kuwait (1982), Brazil (1994), Brazil (2006). He also managed UAE and Saudi Arabia in 1990 and 1998 world cups but he took over them once they were already qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
          He coached USA and Mexico in 1986 and 1994 but they were host nations so there was no qualification period. Armen is correct. The only team that Bora actually took over prior to the world cup and helped them qualified was china in 2002 and we all remember what an easy group china had at that time.

Carlos Parreira qualified with Kuwait (1982), Brazil (1994), Brazil (2006). He also managed UAE and Saudi Arabia in 1990 and 1998 world cups but he took over them once they were already qualified.
          Thanks, bro. This makes perfect sense.

Comment

so the game vs russia is in iran and not russia
            http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=360383

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
              so the game vs russia is in iran and not russia
              http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=360383
              Khabaronline are idiots. I wouldn't believe them if they said February is after January.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Khabaronline are idiots. I wouldn't believe them if they said February is after January.
                well i agree iranian media is stupid, but i am sure the game will happen since i believe CQ

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  well i agree iranian media is stupid, but i am sure the game will happen since i believe CQ
                  Game will happen but in Russia.

Comment

By the way guys, whatever happened to Nekounam as Team Melli's assistant coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                      By the way guys, whatever happened to Nekounam as Team Melli's assistant coach?
                      They terminated his contract after his fiasco against Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        They terminated his contract after his fiasco against Qatar
                        1 - He wasn't fired.
                        2 - He never had a contract
                        3 - CQ didn't want the Iranian assistants anymore, except for the medical staff and translator.

Comment

How accurate is this list? Is Afshin Peyrovani still the Executive Director? I know there was Portuguese staff added recently.

Comment

TM will play their upcoming match against South Korea in the city of Seoul, it has been announced:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170630000620

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                              TM will play their upcoming match against South Korea in the city of Seoul, it has been announced:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170630000620
                              Good let's beat these fools and relegate them to the playoffs !

Comment

The latest episode of our podcast, Gol Bezan, recorder yesterday, if anyone fancies it. On the U20 WC performance and completed/rumoured transfers of Iranian players

https://m.soundcloud.com/gol-bezan/u...nsfers-roundup

Comment

Working...
                                X