This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    It would be terrible if we don't invite Ghoddos.
    he will be invited for sweden NT now and then stay on bench. again sweden will invite him in januari and play friendlies BUT yet again he wont be tied and then when both teams will get ready for WC thats when it will get really interesting.... lets have some patience and see how this will roll out

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      My takeaways from the CQ interview.
      1 - He doesn't want to invite too many new players. Doesn't mention Ghodoos specifically - but I would say he has an outside chance of being invited.
      2 - IFF is negotiating for 2 more friendlies in November and March. Russia match is confirmed.
      3 - Iran-Poland was never happening and the whole story was nothing but hearsay from our unprofessional media.
      on point 1, he said the door is always open for new players, but the players with prior TM/International experience have the edge in making the final roster..!
      Also he says the training camp prior to SK is held in iran and will be for the Domestic players only and the legionnaires will travel directly to SK for the game..!
      that pretty much effectively voids any chance of Samaan being invited for the SK game...!
      perhaps we see him in training for Syria game.? or more likely after WCQs are done ...?? cause he certainly wont be making the final 23-24 man squad, without a few training camps under his belt first..!!
      hum...!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        on point 1, he said the door is always open for new players, but the players with prior TM/International experience have the edge in making the final roster..!
        Also he says the training camp prior to SK is held in iran and will be for the Domestic players only and the legionnaires will travel directly to SK for the game..!
        that pretty much effectively voids any chance of Samaan being invited for the SK game...!
        But how did you come up to that conclusion?!

I don't know if he will be invited this time or not but Ghoddos does have international experience which makes him have an edge to make the final roster. and he said the legioners will travel directly to SK. Why can't Ghoddos do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post

I don't know if he will be invited this time or not but Ghoddos does have international experience which makes him have an edge to make the final roster. and he said the legioners will travel directly to SK. Why can't Ghoddos do that?
          he wont be invited for iran wcq end of story

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            How do you know? You're speaking very matter of fact.

Comment

lol, exactly.

What makes a difference having people travelling from Russia, Belgium, Greece, Holland to SK compare to travelling from Sweden to SK?

Comment

Baba
                The only training pre-SK match is scheduled in Iran for domestic squad.
                When was the last time CQ's final 23 man wcq game day squad included a player that had never featured for at least one training camp prior.!? ?? Even Ashkan I think had a training camp prior to his inclusion & debut against Gutter. !!?
                In short
                Sure,there may be a very small chance he would be one of 23-24 get a call up & join TM for just the final tune-up prior to match. But that is very unlikely ..!

No one knows when for sure but like Abgosht !? But I'm also thinking it may well be after the Wcqs before Samman gets his first Call up ..!?? Yet I still have little doubt he'd make the WC traveling squad.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  Baba
                  The only training pre-SK match is scheduled in Iran for domestic squad.
                  When was the last time CQ's final 23 man wcq game day squad included a player that had never featured for at least one training camp prior.!? ?? Even Ashkan I think had a training camp prior to his inclusion & debut against Gutter. !!?
                  In short
                  Sure,there may be a very small chance he would be one of 23-24 get a call up & join TM for just the final tune-up prior to match. But that is very unlikely ..!

No one knows when for sure but like Abgosht !? But I'm also thinking it may well be after the Wcqs before Samman gets his first Call up ..!?? Yet I still have little doubt he'd make the WC traveling squad.
                  Ashkan had only one training session before the Qatar match. I won't be surprised if Saman gets invited and even starts against Korea. We are already qualified and if you remember in 2014 qualification we were already qualified for the last round when Ashkan got invited and was in the starting line-up.
                  You guys just wait and trust Ostad Carlos. He knows what he's doing.

Comment

^Yea, but we publicly campaigned & pressed hard for Ashkan in order to lure him away from Germany to TM, while it's been rather all quiet & seemingly behind close doors with Samman so far ..!

But I sure hope what u says come through, cause it's a risk to wait till Jan to captie him, considering how far ahead of the game Sweden is in this process.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        End of story? I thought the story just began there!

Anyways, great reasoning for such a strong argument!

Comment

End of story? I thought the story just began there!

Anyways, great reasoning for such a strong argument!
                          Yeah, not sure how he can say that so matter of factly. Either his real name is Maman Ghoddos and he has some insider info, or he is just saying it as his opinion. We don't know. Like I said a few weeks ago that the Sardar-Lazio issue was done when, in fact, there were actual ongoing negotiations should be a lesson that we never know what is going on behind the scenes.

I wish Sardar-Lazio had actually come to fruition, but there is still hope for Ghoddos. If his words are true that he prefers Iran over Sweden, then Ab-Ghosht's opinion is incorrect. Highly doubtful that Ghoddos would accept a Swedish invite, even for friendlies if he is planning on playing in the world cup with Iran so soon after. Would make absolutely no sense.

I think there is a chance that he might not be called up for these last two games, but even that could be a surprise. We know CQ likes to play his mind-games. Do we really believe that he would state this far in advance that he is calling up a new player? Unlike Korea, we will wait until the last moment to release the squad. These are mind games, and I think that it is mistaken to brush off Saman being called up for these two games, or at the very least vs. Russia in October.

Why would Saman agree to a call up from Sweden if he made clear he wants to play for Iran? Sweden is far from qualified from the WC, and based on their path, they look to be going as the second team behind France, AT BEST. I really don't see Ghoddos accepting any call-up from Sweden. That sounds like made up BS.

Comment

^^Well, if he doesn't get invitation from Iran, he sure would accept a possible Swedish one. Who in his right mind wouldn't do that?!

If CQ does not intent to invite him for the Korea/Syria games, he really needs to call him and confirm that he will be invited later! Otherwise dragging it out like this without further information, would signal lack of interest to Ghoddos and then he would surely accept Sweden's invitation.

Comment

No way he will get invited for these last two games. CQ is naming the list of legionaries 4 days before the Korea match. Ghoddos will be no good to the squad in such short period. He will have to wait for future friendly matches to be called up. if anything .
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

he will probably suit up for Sweden if called up again by them soon, which i'd assume will be soon..! ?
                                yet i still doubt they will give him minutes in their upcoming WCQ in order to Cap-tie him..!??

if you recall in the past he used to give rather Vague answers in regards to the possibility playing for TM...! These Positive last two interviews clearly suggest that he is now leaning TM's way and at very least now we know that there is communications between him and CQ/IFF in the backgrounds in regards to his eventual first call ups..!

if Sweden calls him up soon and he refuses the call up or comes up with some lame excuse to avoid attending then its a sure thing that he is in TM's bag..! If SVFF overlooks him for the next call-up list and meanwhile instead call up other hopefuls with lesser caliber, then that is another good sign that he is gonna be TM player..!

if as expected and i said earlier, he gets the likely call-up and suits up for them then that would suggest competition for retaining his international services is still on, between the two sides..!

Comment

Working...
                                X