Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a decent upgrade from Guinea, Morocco has a ton of good players it will be a nice test for TM. Great news if it doesn't get canceled/is actually true
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Morocco is a very decent African team with lots of tradition, hope they bring their A team.
      Both Morocco and Ivory Coast will play with their A team, there is no doubt about it. They are preparing for the Africa Cup that is later in January. So they will be putting their best players on the field.

Comment

The 2 days gap between 2 games is a concern, wished we had at least 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          The 2 days gap between 2 games is a concern, wished we had at least 3 days.
          well were not going to be playing the same 11 both games. Given out depth throughout the team i expect CQ will make 5-6 changes between first game and second game.

Comment

We might not have our full squad since it's not a Fifa day and the European and Qatari clubs aren't obligated to release the players.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
              We might not have our full squad since it's not a Fifa day and the European and Qatari clubs aren't obligated to release the players.
              Ey baba, we finally get quality opponents, and then this?

Comment

Best part about Morocco game is that most of their players play in lower mid table teams in top flights of Europe. We can assess whether our players are really up to that standard of being on midtable teams in Europe.

Results still dont matter as much though if we gained more tactical flexibility besides 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. Would like to see Hajsafi/Ezzatollahi DMs, Gucci and Azmoun up in front, Pouraliganji starting against quality opposition etc as well.

We need to stay determined on the prize though. Beating Qatar and China is a huge step for us to qualifying.

Comment

Apparently Morocco initially declined the friendly invitation to pursue playing another African team before the Africa Cup of Nations. They wanted to face Egypt which did not materialize which is why they revisited the option of playing Team Melli again.

Link from Dec 2nd which mentions that their friendly matches were not confirmed as yet and revisiting the Team Melli friendly option: http://lionsdelatlas.ma/16399-quels-...ons-de-l-atlas and http://www.afrik-foot.com/maroc-la-f...iran-en-amical (Nov.30th)

Link provided by St.Mark from AlYaoum24 mentions the Moroccan Federation are in the final stage of agreement with Team Melli and the Finnish FA to play friendlies in Dxb: http://www.alyaoum24.com/787914.html (Dec 4th)
                  Last edited by aenima_8; 12-04-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

so russia is obvious winter break and SA and Saeid should be released, Milad too. Holland is off too however Ali JB and Gucci is very much doubtful that they will be released. Greece is obviously playing so no way Karim and Masoud will be released. I wish saman would be called up because these matches would not tie him up either way. Qatar either te fixtures are not realeased or i dont see them.

Comment

great friendlies i just hope though iran will not count them in the fifa ranking because it will hurt us in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        so russia is obvious winter break and SA and Saeid should be released, Milad too. Holland is off too however Ali JB and Gucci is very much doubtful that they will be released. Greece is obviously playing so no way Karim and Masoud will be released. I wish saman would be called up because these matches would not tie him up either way. Qatar either te fixtures are not realeased or i dont see them.
                        I think the Russian teams will have their training camps in January/February. If I remember correctly, Rostov hold training camp in UAE in January and Terek headed to in Malta. Also, Sardar wasn't released for the Olympic qualifiers.

Saeid might be a different story, since his contract will expire and if he doesn't end up with a team until then, he will probably be with TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                          great friendlies i just hope though iran will not count them in the fifa ranking because it will hurt us in that case.
                          im pretty sure we will see wholesale changes from both sides in those games , which would render the result irrelevant in ranking. CQ is too careful & thorough of a planner for such things to scape his attention.
                          I'm more worried about the confirmation of these games. I think if we lucky, 1 will go through ..! Highly doubt both.

Comment

CQ wanted to play teams that are similar to style to Qatar.

Qatar is made up of players from Morocco/Algeria and Ivory Coast/Guinea..... therefore we are playing versus Morocco and Ivory Coast.

Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                              CQ wanted to play teams that are similar to style to Qatar.

Qatar is made up of players from Morocco/Algeria and Ivory Coast/Guinea..... therefore we are playing versus Morocco and Ivory Coast.

Brilliant.
                              Indeed. I had mentioned that but nobody caught on it lmao :-/

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                              Playing 2 friendly matches against top African teams ahead of the Qatar match is smart thinking by CQ.

It's also interesting how TM has never played these two teams before.

Too bad the revenge against Guinea won't happen then.

Comment

Iran has played Moroco before once

Comment

Working...
                                X