Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VIDEO] The Iranian Internet Community has to Improve

Our Team Melli is steadily improving.
    Our federation seems to be finally improving.
    The fans in Tehran were very good last game. Finally filling the stadium and especially supporting the team unconditionally untill the final whistle.
    Now it' the Internet fans turn to make their contribution, as they play an important part as well....

Not only that they have to provide constructive criticism and create a positive atmosphere, which has actually improved recently imo (excluding the shit Branko stirred).
    Also we as Iran are in the special situation, that we are a victim of criminal football nations like Saudi Arabia, Qatar or UAE. This not only when we go against these teams directly, our games also get manipulated even when we play against "neutral" teams (for different reasons).
    Last year we had one of the worst cases of daylight robbery ever against Iraq in AC. Our federation as opposed to the previous times filed a proper complaint to FIFA, and was actually given right. However it went back to AFC, got rejected, didnt get much media coverage and so was quickly forgotten.

And here is were we fans come in. We have to create awareness in the world and draw the media coverage. In the past we have failed to do so.
    Today I came across this video compilation from Thailand fans, after their maybe first big case of robbery:

This video has already a 100.000 views with a lot of foreigners coming to Thailands support. A couple of comments are from Japanese and also an Iranian sympathizing with them, saying that these countries need to get reported.
    This is how you create awareness and a lobby, with which you can actually have an impact with your complaints (not by bombarding some people's facebook pages with insults).
    I'm sure their media is covering it as well.
    (In the video you can clearly see the refs scared faces after making the most obvious wrong call, fearing that they had given themselves away. Maybe that's the same kind of scaredness of our Sri Lankan ref).

How come I have never seen such thing coming out of Iran? Sure there were youtube vids of single scenes, but the problem with these is that single scenes never create too much attention, as they can be honest mistakes or coincidences. You really have to make compilations showing that it was no coincidence, and that all the small scenes add up to a big deal of crime.

-So if you are a TM fan on the internet knowing video editing and how to place your video on the internet....if you're making highlights videos of Iranian teams anyway...also make video compilations on the referees wrong calls. This way you can make a huge contribution to your teams success.
    -If you are an Iranian sports journalist reading this, you need to make more dedicated articles on referee performances and the crimes of the federations. These things should be the very reason you went into your profession right?

Or watch this. This is one the most famous football videos on the internet. It not only shows one scene, not even one game, but three games throughout the whole tournament revealing the systemic nature of issue.

The ref of that Korea Italy match never judged an international match again and ended up as an lonely alcoholic in his country.
    Mazic or Ben Williams on the other hand have healthy carreers to this day, because they got away with what they did.

Leave the embarrassing propaganda crap for the IR to taint our nation with.

Comment

Football is not the only sport where we have to suffer these issues.

Recently at the Olympics we had another of the biggest cases of daylight robbery, even overshadowing the other incidences for Iranians.

The reactions this time were not too bad.

We had this

That hacking of the federation page was not too bad either to create attention, though that was borderline negative.

This video was very good explaining the background and showing the athletes emotions, especially with its english title

What it missed though in order to be really effective would have been English subtitles.
      It of course has to be in English to create awareness

Comment

who was the ref that killed thailand? thats unreal how he kills thailand wow unebleiavble

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          who was the ref that killed thailand? thats unreal how he kills thailand wow unebleiavble
          Some Chinese named Ming Fu.
          As you can see in the comments of the video, everyone is fully aware that it is less related to his origin, but to the fact that he was bribed.

The bribes these ref get must be high enough that the individuals have set for the rest of their lives back in their countries.

Comment

wow a shame to these damn arabian terrorists of saudi-land. clear fraud!

Comment

Welcome to AFC, the most corrupt confederation ever. I am sure, we even surpass the Africans (CAF).

Comment

Wow, I thought that penalty call was bad until I watched this video.

Typical Saudi victory.

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                  Some Chinese named Ming Fu.
                  As you can see in the comments of the video, everyone is fully aware that it is less related to his origin, but to the fact that he was bribed.
                  The bribes these ref get must be high enough that the individuals have set for the rest of their lives back in their countries.
                  Bribery and game fixing in fact runs rampant in Chinese football..! mostly because Betting on Football Games in a Huge multi-billion dollar Business in that country..!!
                  im certain it wasnt too difficult to bribe than scandalous chink fk ref..! those were some blatant bad calls that earned the undeserving, dirty saudies victory..!

btw
                  who's reffing our game vs chinese..?? ????

Comment

I'm going to try to play Devil's advocate for the Saudi Thai video:

- Ball to hand, not hand to ball
                    - That's a definite penalty, ref is mad not to give it
                    - Dirty scratch but maybe difficult to see, this one of the cases where diving can help players' cases because if he goes down there'll be something more to look at
                    - If you look at the actual tackle rather than the ball, you can see it was outside the box. A yellow and a FK was what was given. Very close though
                    - That's a foul and so is the follow up. Either should have been given and the ref was right in front of it too, mad decision
                    - Initial foul had already been given but that does rub vinegar in the wound. A talking to was needed from the ref. On the other hand the player in that position should be grabbing the right part of his face. Honestly. I remember when the Tork player kicked the ball at Rivaldo back in the 2002 WC and he grabbed his face even though it his arm.
                    - There's no replay of the foul but it's a risky tackle to make in the box anyway. Players slapping each other five after winning a penalty is quite common.

Overall it should have been a draw but it was not as egregious as the Japan UAE game imo
                    -

Comment

And for the record: Arabs shouldn't be reffing each others' games. Especially Qatar, UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait - they are almost the same country. Bring someone in from Guam, I don't care, it will be a more partial game than an Arab reffing an Arab team

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                        Wow, I thought that penalty call was bad until I watched this video.
                        Typical Saudi victory.
                        Wait till they meet Japan and Australia !!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                          Wait till they meet Japan and Australia !!
                          Well they'll definitely park the bus at home against both teams. They will also buy the referees which will result in either a draw or a lucky victory.

But playing away in Japan and Australia will be a nightmare for them. Especially if they manage to get 3 points from one of their home games vs them.

I just don't see Saudi Arabia qualifying directly. I think they will at the most go to play-offs. Can you imagine Iran vs Saudi Arabia in the play-offs? I can't imagine it because we will qualify directly

No but jokes aside, if we f*** up there's that possibility. And if there's that possibility I'm sure we will get our revenge for 2009.

Comment

I enjoy the hip bump celebration we do after our clubs beat theirs.

But the hip bump celebration will not end unless we beat them on their soil, national team vs national team.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                              I enjoy the hip bump celebration we do after our clubs beat theirs.

But the hip bump celebration will not end unless we beat them on their soil, national team vs national team.
                              we do that cause thats how the Saudis celebrated in Iran in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X