• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lml View Post
    I'm going to try to play Devil's advocate for the Saudi Thai video:

- Ball to hand, not hand to ball
    - That's a definite penalty, ref is mad not to give it
    - Dirty scratch but maybe difficult to see, this one of the cases where diving can help players' cases because if he goes down there'll be something more to look at
    - If you look at the actual tackle rather than the ball, you can see it was outside the box. A yellow and a FK was what was given. Very close though
    - That's a foul and so is the follow up. Either should have been given and the ref was right in front of it too, mad decision
    - Initial foul had already been given but that does rub vinegar in the wound. A talking to was needed from the ref. On the other hand the player in that position should be grabbing the right part of his face. Honestly. I remember when the Tork player kicked the ball at Rivaldo back in the 2002 WC and he grabbed his face even though it his arm.
    - There's no replay of the foul but it's a risky tackle to make in the box anyway. Players slapping each other five after winning a penalty is quite common.

Overall it should have been a draw but it was not as egregious as the Japan UAE game imo
    -
    That's exactly what should not happen. If he observe the single scenes isolated everything will be up for debate.

The viewer must view the video, and after watching it be convinced of having witnessed a crime.

I agree the bias of the ref in Japan uae was the most obvious.

Iran, Japan and Thailand should build a lobby of the clean Asian football nations. With joined forces you can stand up to this system.
    (I'm not sure about koreas, china's or Uzbekistans cleanliness in football)

Comment

if these arab pigs of emirates manage to brige against japan, expect this arab pig of jordan to go wild in the chine-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Narse View Post
        if these arab pigs of emirates manage to brige against japan, expect this arab pig of jordan to go wild in the chine-game.
        Bro calm down. The only ref lobbying happening tomorrow will be against Uzbekistan. If we show up to play and hold possession as we should we should have more opportunities to score than China. Whether we convert them will lead to us winning or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          we do that cause thats how the Saudis celebrated in Iran in 2009.
          I know. That's why I said we won't stop doing the hip bump celebration until our national team beats theirs in Saudi Arabia.

Comment

AFC U16 Championship

We must also look after our youth teams...especially them because they are the most vulnerable. Being robbed of the harvest of your hard work at that age, might seriously kill all the belief inside of you.
            Our boys are a hell of a team and a lot of them have a great future ahead of them, if they keep on working hard.

What happened?

I've only been following the tournament since the quarter final where the performance of the Japanese ref was fine.
            The Uzbek referee today Aziz Azimov made up for everything though, in the negative sense. A typical case of daylight robbery we Iranians get so often, and it will go on forever unless we do something about it.
            We have to closely monitor everything and spread it in the internet.

Notably (video below):

-80 min., Iran was winning, NK could create real danger, the ref had to get active
            It started with a bs hand free-kick at 1:58:35.

-shortly follwed by a bs penalty call. Watch 2:00:15.
            First of all that was clearly no handball, shoulder at best. Secondly he couldnt have spotted it at that speed if he wasnt looking for it.
            Handballs are only clear cases, where the hand moves to the ball. Especially this wasnt the case. So basically he was just looking for anything, and found it.

-but imo even worse than this was the last major scene. Watch 2:27:40.
            The Goali did 0,00000000000 wrong, he saved the penalty fair and square. There was no reason whatsoever for any punishment.
            If somebody didnt spot any wrong-doing by the ref in this game, in that scene all of them were proven otherwise.

So I ask everybody who can help to help. Let us gather as much material as possible in order to build a case and send a powerfull message.
            This game already had enough scandal, but I'm afraid the final will provide us even more material, when go against Iraq U21 (+ doping).

Well, the material is already coming...

So watch the final closely and gather everything you can. Especially if you are good at that stuff, please help.

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
              We must also look after our youth teams...especially them because they are the most vulnerable. Being robbed of the harvest of your hard work at that age, might seriously kill all the belief inside of you.
              Our boys are a hell of a team and a lot of them have a great future ahead of them, if they keep on working hard.

What happened?

I've only been following the tournament since the quarter final where the performance of the Japanese ref was fine.
              The Uzbek referee today Aziz Azimov made up for everything though, in the negative sense. A typical case of daylight robbery we Iranians get so often, and it will go on forever unless we do something about it.
              We have to closely monitor everything and spread it in the internet.

Notably (video below):

-80 min., Iran was winning, NK could create real danger, the ref had to get active
              It started with a bs hand free-kick at 1:58:35.

-shortly follwed by a bs penalty call. Watch 2:00:15.
              First of all that was clearly no handball, shoulder at best. Secondly he couldnt have spotted it at that speed if he wasnt looking for it.
              Handballs are only clear cases, where the hand moves to the ball. Especially this wasnt the case. So basically he was just looking for anything, and found it.

-but imo even worse than this was the last major scene. Watch 2:27:40.
              The Goali did 0,00000000000 wrong, he saved the penalty fair and square. There was no reason whatsoever for any punishment.
              If somebody didnt spot any wrong-doing by the ref in this game, in that scene all of them were proven otherwise.

So I ask everybody who can help to help. Let us gather as much material as possible in order to build a case and send a powerfull message.
              This game already had enough scandal, but I'm afraid the final will provide us even more material, when go against Iraq U21 (+ doping).

Well, the material is already coming...

So watch the final closely and gather everything you can. Especially if you are good at that stuff, please help.
              The goalie crossed his line too early, it was the right call...

also Iran's goal came off a pass back to the keeper even though the ball went out. The 80th minute PK shouldn't have been called but it was close. You gotta understand if your hand is out of your body and the ball hits it, it's almost always going to be a PK. It obviously didn't in our case but you had to watch that video very closely to see it came of his head (it was an awkward deflection).

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                The goalie crossed his line too early, it was the right call...

also Iran's goal came off a pass back to the keeper even though the ball went out. The 80th minute PK shouldn't have been called but it was close. You gotta understand if your hand is out of your body and the ball hits it, it's almost always going to be a PK. It obviously didn't in our case but you had to watch that video very closely to see it came of his head (it was an awkward deflection).
                No, the rule is not actually like that. Of course the goali is allowed to tip before jumping, otherwise it wouldnt be physically feasible to save anything.
                I dont know the exact wording of the rule, but I guess it is one of those cases were the ref is allowed to give players a hard time if he has an agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Ftr8V_Zcc

Comment

No, the rule is not actually like that. Of course the goali is allowed to tip before jumping, otherwise it wouldnt be physically feasible to save anything.
                  I dont know the exact wording of the rule, but I guess it is one of those cases were the ref is allowed to give players a hard time if he has an agenda.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Ftr8V_Zcc
                  Yes it is, I'm a referee myself and we've talked about this in our courses. A keeper MUST keep at least one foot on the line until the kick is taken, although it does vary with every federation, that is the general rule. Our keeper left his line too early with BOTH feet that's why the call was made.

Comment

Prove you are a referee.

Show me examples of how slight movements off the line like this case get called in world football. As far as I'm concerned only clear movements to the front are punishable.

The Iranian didnt do anything different to all the other penalty kicks, that were all fine! The Iranian goali didnt do anything different than the Korean goali! The Iranian goali did not do anything unnatural that would give him an anfair advantage!

Of course I'm aware that if you go a hundred percent by the book, the ref was entitled to do so. But where in the world is it practiced like that??? Bring up examples!

Also the the AFC always was entitled to give our players maximum suspensions, because they could by the book.
                    The weighlifting jury at the olympics was entitled to call foul on Salimis efforts, because they had the legal authority by the book.
                    Ben Williams was entitled to decide Pouladi dived and to red card him. Mazic was entitled to decline us a penalty.....

You get my point, dont you?
                    When people want to find something, they find something.
                    The book is the last thing to stop them.

You must be blind to not see the unpure intentions of this referee.
                    Now please stop helping that piece of shit getting away with what he did.

Comment

Prove you are a referee.

Show me examples of how slight movements off the line like this case get called in world football. As far as I'm concerned only clear movements to the front are punishable.

The Iranian didnt do anything different to all the other penalty kicks, that were all fine! The Iranian goali didnt do anything different than the Korean goali! The Iranian goali did not do anything unnatural that would give him an anfair advantage!

Of course I'm aware that if you go a hundred percent by the book, the ref was entitled to do so. But where in the world is it practiced like that??? Bring up examples!

Also the the AFC always was entitled to give our players maximum suspensions, because they could by the book.
                      The weighlifting jury at the olympics was entitled to call foul on Salimis efforts, because they had the legal authority by the book.
                      Ben Williams was entitled to decide Pouladi dived and to red card him. Mazic was entitled to decline us a penalty.....

You get my point, dont you?
                      When people want to find something, they find something.
                      The book is the last thing to stop them.

You must be blind to not see the unpure intentions of this referee.
                      Now please stop helping that piece of shit getting away with what he did.
                      Prove I'm a ref? If I do I'll have to give away my ID and I'd rather people not know my actual ID (I'd generally rather keep it a secret). If you wanna be a paranoid baby that's on you but I'm not lying to you.

As for the goal line, some refs let it go but a ref is very entitled to make a keeper redo the kick if they want to. You literally just admitted yourself:

"Of course I'm aware that if you go a hundred percent by the book, the ref was entitled to do so."

What are you gonna tell AFC? He was in the wrong for following the book?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                        Prove I'm a ref? If I do I'll have to give away my ID and I'd rather people not know my actual ID (I'd generally rather keep it a secret). If you wanna be a paranoid baby that's on you but I'm not lying to you.

As for the goal line, some refs let it go but a ref is very entitled to make a keeper redo the kick if they want to. You literally just admitted yourself:

"Of course I'm aware that if you go a hundred percent by the book, the ref was entitled to do so."

What are you gonna tell AFC? He was in the wrong for following the book?
                        Anybody can claim that via the internet. If you are really a ref you should be even more mad at him for bringing shame upon your profession.
                        Anyways, this is a thread of contributions, not endless discussions, so let us keep it as it is.

Comment

The Iranian national team was on duty again and let us summarize what went wrong today (feel free to complement if needed):

-The game had to take place in Malaysia during monsoon time by force of the AFC. That despite Syria and Iraq had requested their home-games to take place in Iran. AFC had denied that for no rational reason. They even denied them playing in UAE at least for no rational reason. They were forced to play their home-games in Malaysia/Myanmar giving them a clear disadvantage (travel circumstances) and their eastern Asian opponents on the other hand an unfair advantage. Interestingly Iraq could play their home-game vs. Saudi Arabia in Dubai for some reason, so that SA had no travel circumstances and actually had a home game.

-The pitch was not playable and a huge danger to the players health. The Japanese AFC match commissionier (insert name please) let the game go ahead regardless.
                          Other than that especially Iran was hugely disadvantaged, as you could not play a normal game of football on that pitch. That equalled a total disarmament of Iran, that has so far played the best and most dominant football of all Asian teams in this qualification run.

-The referee Ali Sabah Al Qaysi (Iraq) was a fellow Arab for the Syrian team, and that reflected his decision making.
                          Numerous small decisions went in favour of Syria falsely.
                          He left the impertinent time-wasting of the Syrian team unpunished and didnt even considered it for extra time.
                          He gave only about half the extra time he should have rightfully given (2 mins and 4 mins only). In the first half he even blew the whistle after less than 1 min. In the 2nd half Syria wasted most of the 4 mins and the ref didnt add that to the extra time like he was supposed to.
                          He denied a crystal clear goal for Iran (Reza Ghoochannejad)

Comment

S. Korea and China is the same as arabs. they are all disgusting ppl. Nothing they achieve is fair, they are all dirt!!!

Our Team Melli is steadily improving.
                            Our federation seems to be finally improving.
                            The fans in Tehran were very good last game. Finally filling the stadium and especially supporting the team unconditionally untill the final whistle.
                            Now it' the Internet fans turn to make their contribution, as they play an important part as well....

Not only that they have to provide constructive criticism and create a positive atmosphere, which has actually improved recently imo (excluding the shit Branko stirred).
                            Also we as Iran are in the special situation, that we are a victim of criminal football nations like Saudi Arabia, Qatar or UAE. This not only when we go against these teams directly, our games also get manipulated even when we play against "neutral" teams (for different reasons).
                            Last year we had one of the worst cases of daylight robbery ever against Iraq in AC. Our federation as opposed to the previous times filed a proper complaint to FIFA, and was actually given right. However it went back to AFC, got rejected, didnt get much media coverage and so was quickly forgotten.

And here is were we fans come in. We have to create awareness in the world and draw the media coverage. In the past we have failed to do so.
                            Today I came across this video compilation from Thailand fans, after their maybe first big case of robbery:

This video has already a 100.000 views with a lot of foreigners coming to Thailands support. A couple of comments are from Japanese and also an Iranian sympathizing with them, saying that these countries need to get reported.
                            This is how you create awareness and a lobby, with which you can actually have an impact with your complaints (not by bombarding some people's facebook pages with insults).
                            I'm sure their media is covering it as well.
                            (In the video you can clearly see the refs scared faces after making the most obvious wrong call, fearing that they had given themselves away. Maybe that's the same kind of scaredness of our Sri Lankan ref).

How come I have never seen such thing coming out of Iran? Sure there were youtube vids of single scenes, but the problem with these is that single scenes never create too much attention, as they can be honest mistakes or coincidences. You really have to make compilations showing that it was no coincidence, and that all the small scenes add up to a big deal of crime.

-So if you are a TM fan on the internet knowing video editing and how to place your video on the internet....if you're making highlights videos of Iranian teams anyway...also make video compilations on the referees wrong calls. This way you can make a huge contribution to your teams success.
                            -If you are an Iranian sports journalist reading this, you need to make more dedicated articles on referee performances and the crimes of the federations. These things should be the very reason you went into your profession right?

Or watch this. This is one the most famous football videos on the internet. It not only shows one scene, not even one game, but three games throughout the whole tournament revealing the systemic nature of issue.

The ref of that Korea Italy match never judged an international match again and ended up as an lonely alcoholic in his country.
                            Mazic or Ben Williams on the other hand have healthy carreers to this day, because they got away with what they did.

Comment

ARTISTIC PERFORMANCE

This is what Asian football has come to, enjoy.

Comment

Bikhial baba miyan Azadi we'll pay the groundsman to keep it extra smooth. We'll destroy them.

Our fate is in our hands these last few games. If we avoid defeat to Uzbekistan and Korea and win two of our home games we should get through.

Comment

Working...
                                X