Gucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gucci

Does anyone else think CQ went away with Gucci a little too fast? I understand Azmoun has been stellar but I don't think enough to where Gucci should be benched every game, Azmoun looks bored in my opinion a little reminiscent of how Ronaldo plays with Portugal vs. how he plays with Real Madrid

Reza should be starting (or at least getting more minutes) for the next two games. He makes the most out of his chances and adds more to the teams offense; he can cross, carry ball forward, etc. Sardar mainly needs service and when he's not getting it, he looks poor and the team suffers. He also seemed a little whiney the last two games. He needs to better his attitude, never seen reza like that.

Comment

Since Iran's last competitive match (2-0 win against Oman in which Azmoun scored both), Gucci's played 342 minutes of uninspiring competitive football for Heerenveen whilst Azmoun played 984 minutes including being seriously in-form against top-class UCL opposition. If he'd been picked over Azmoun I wouldn't be able to stop lolling and nor would anyone else of decent sense. The only argument is does Gucci force our hand into changing our system and playing with two strikers and the truth is, no, not really, he's not that special. I'm just glad we have him as the backup option to Azmoun and a valuable option off the bench as he has proven to be.

Comment

Remind me what sardar contributed in almost 180 minutes against qatar and china?
        Oh, he ran across the field to push a qatari player. Reza created a very good chance and scored the winner against qatar. And he has proven many times he is a 90 min player for us. And did you call anderlecht and ajax top class?

Comment

reza should start, azmoun is great but had not done anything so far, and we have to let gucci start, he has more experience also

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Since Iran's last competitive match (2-0 win against Oman in which Azmoun scored both), Gucci's played 342 minutes of uninspiring competitive football for Heerenveen whilst Azmoun played 984 minutes including being seriously in-form against top-class UCL opposition. If he'd been picked over Azmoun I wouldn't be able to stop lolling and nor would anyone else of decent sense. The only argument is does Gucci force our hand into changing our system and playing with two strikers and the truth is, no, not really, he's not that special. I'm just glad we have him as the backup option to Azmoun and a valuable option off the bench as he has proven to be.
            League play, yes even CL is different from national team...specially in asia. Gucci is more opportunistic and has been able to better penetrate the box and create turnovers compared to azmoun. As countless others have pointed out, Azmoun plays a style that requires near perfect service and delivery, something our TM is struggling to do at present. Also, Gucci's many years of various European football trump Azmoun's any day. You can't buy experience.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

A 'style that requires near perfect service and delivery' sounds like another way of saying he's shit. What does that mean? If he's a weaker finisher than Gucci (debatable) then surely if anything, it's Gucci who relies on the quality of the service more because Gucci is the more limited player (not debatable).

Don't let Gucci's important array of goals cloud your judgement, Azmoun has a better goalscoring record for both TM and club sides for a reason and on current form, Azmoun starts all-day every day.

Comment

A 'style that requires near perfect service and delivery' sounds like another way of saying he's shit. What does that mean? If he's a weaker finisher than Gucci (debatable) then surely if anything, it's Gucci who relies on the quality of the service more because Gucci is the more limited player (not debatable).

Don't let Gucci's important array of goals cloud your judgement, Azmoun has a better goalscoring record for both TM and club sides for a reason and on current form, Azmoun starts all-day every day.
                It means he doesn't move outside of his "personal box" like Gucci does lol no one is saying he's "shit" otherwise we would if we felt he was "shit", we are a bunch of strangers on this forum not a bunch of teachers for us to be ashamed to say what we feel. Hashemian was a player kind of like Gucci always running his ass off if that comparison makes it a bit easier to compare the style of play, Azmoun was getting mad today but him just like Ronaldo needs to understand his national team isn't his club team so he will NEED to up his work rate.

Comment

Azmoun rarely runs to the ball or “steals" the ball...he is looking for a chip pass, or tic tac toe play to capitalize on. That doesn't mean he is shit, just means he has a style and preference of play that doesn't lend well to a sole striking lineup that CQ keeps implementing...especially when you have poor crosses and playmaking like the past 2 games.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I'd like to see both of them in at the same time. You put those 2 next to each other and the defense won't know who to prioritize.

Comment

Azmoun needs to be put on the bench in favor of Gucci for 2 reasons:

1. He's being very ineffective nowadays! Getting service or not, even when he did have the ball during the last 2 games, he either just lost it very easily or most of his shots were way off target.

2. He needs to realize he's very much replaceable and under no circumstances is he gonna be favored if he doesn't work had. I saw a lot of whining from him in the last game, complaining to his teammates about why he didn't get a pass.

Gucci on the other hand has deserved to start, not only because he scored that crucial goal but most importantly because unlike Azmoun, he works hard, runs a lot and even helps in winning the ball back when TM is defending! He doesn't wait for a service to come to him while he's infront of an empty net. That's how a striker should be!

Comment

Gucci might be struggling in his dutch club but he is very Gheyrati and wants to show more with TM , that's why he hussles way more than Azmoun, who has star status now and wants only the best passes or the best crosses to score, he doesn't really go out and create or carve out chances like Gucci does! Gucci is one reason why we were in the last WC and the goal he score against Qatar could be the start of the other one that takes us to Russia as well...

Comment

The problem with Reza is that he hasn't just struggled for one season, he simply didn't do well on club level since st-truiden which was like 4 years ago. I believe that Reza can be a super sub nothing more

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Reza wil get better and better now he plays weekly in a fairly ok European league.

BUT when you have a talent such as Azmoun, who not only plays every week in a ok competition, but also competes in CL level, you would be crazy not to give such a talent the time to develop so we could have a classy striker IF we reach WC2018!

I do agree though, that we have to sub Gucci earlier in the game and maybe decide on tactical reasons to giva him the starting spot in some games.
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Both Azmoun and Jahanbakh had an aweful game and I can't comprehend why on earth Q continued with them. To be honest with you I'm not enjoying TM's games anymore. For the past few years it doesn't matter whether we play Argentina or India we always park the bus and hoping for the devine intervention!

Comment

Working...
                              X