No announcement yet.

CAM position, TM main concern..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For now, Shojaei is still our best option as CAM. His move back to european football will help him stay in shape. However hes already 32 and i doubt he will be able to perform at world stage at the age of 34 in 2 years time. I havent see a lot of Saman Ghoddos, but from
    the little highlights ive seen of him, i think he could be an interesting player. 23 years old and grown up in european football system. Miss the good old days of AK8.

Comment

CAM position, TM main concern..

Masoud Shojaei his value is criminally underrated by many, he isn't flashy as he used to be but he is the only quality CAM we have at the moment, unless we find someone better we have to work with what we already have, we only have to hope that Masoud gets in form with Panionios and TM and shows his experience.

Saman Ghoddos is a young, versatile and flashy CAM playing in the Allsvenskan, CQ must try him out because maybe he can be useful for TM. I don't know why he hasn't been called up yet.

5 goals and 3 assists in 19 games, that are no bad stats for his first season in Allsvenskan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ sounds like an interesting prospect. Any more info on the lad?
        Which team? This is his first season at top league?
        How's his pace? Height? ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          ^ sounds like an interesting prospect. Any more info on the lad?
          Which team? This is his first season at top league?
          How's his pace? Height? ... ?
          He wants to represent Team Melli, he said in a statement few months ago.

Name: Saman Ghoddos
          Position: CAM / ST / LW / RW
          Club: Ostersunds FK (8th in Allsvenskan)
          Transfermarket value: €600.000
          Nationality: Sweden / Iran
          Length: 1.76CM

http://www.transfermarkt.nl/saman-gh...spieler/204294

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
            I hate to suggest this... but Iran should invade the UAE to claim it as a part of Iran, then we could have Omar Abdulrahman. He would be the perfect sort of glue for our team. Easily the best in Asia without a doubt if we had someone of his calibre. All our bases would be pretty well covered.
            More seriously, I suggest letting Eza play CM and having Omid Ebrahimi partner with Ando in the back.
            We've had this discussion before but someone like Abdulrahman is not good versus a physical team or a team that is ok with not wanting possession.
            Smart teams let him move around as much as he wants, but shut him down when it matters or cut off all his passing options.

Comment

Absolutely, it is a serious problem in TM for us.
              At one point I thought he would even take Taremi and make him a CAM.
              Since Jabbari quit on TM we haven't had someone who is consistently playing CAM, even though Jabbari was never at his best with TM either.

I thought CQ really was grooming Rafiei for the position but it seems he isn't impressed anymore especially after the Italy camp.

My thought is he will give Shojaeian a start versus Syria and if he does well fit him into more games.
              Versus Korea I don't think we will play very attacking anyways.

Comment

Wished Reza Shekari was getting regular playing time at a good European club like Ezatollahi.

He is that good and would solve our problems, right away. He's skillful, tall, and can withstand the physical aspects of the game. One of the top 50 best young talents in world football: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...world-football

Last edited by Tehranto; 09-09-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Iman Mobali is the best CAM/playmaker we have by far! His passing skills, shooting, crosses are unmatched! Azmoun, Gucci and others would have a field day with Mobali's presence!!

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                    Iman Mobali is the best CAM/playmaker we have by far! His passing skills, shooting, crosses are unmatched! Azmoun, Gucci and others would have a field day with Mobali's presence!!
                    This isn't 2010 bro.

Comment

If Sajjad can do well in Turkey, he should also be considered. I like Gucci and he deserves to start but I love him in the Joker role.

Comment

what about Saman Nariman Jahan? How has he been doing?

Comment

CAMs do come in different shapes and sizes. For us a quick smaller one would do honestly.

Willian is one such example. Can take freekicks, runs at ball possessor when defending, starts counters with pace.

Then there are young Yaya Toure CAMs who are huge and can hold up the ball distribute and act as a another man in the box. We dont have a player like that unless Ezzatollahi gets put out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            He wants to represent Team Melli, he said in a statement few months ago.

Name: Saman Ghoddos
                            Position: CAM / ST / LW / RW
                            Club: Ostersunds FK (8th in Allsvenskan)
                            Transfermarket value: €600.000
                            Nationality: Sweden / Iran
                            Length: 1.76CM

http://www.transfermarkt.nl/saman-gh...spieler/204294

If he's also a winger that tells me his pace shd be adequate.
                            How are his ball skills? How fast can he dribble. Remember anyone can dribble. But those who do it quickly and then take off are the successful ones.
                            For example, shojaei can dribble. But due to his lack of pace the defender catches up with him quickly

Comment

Seeing Rafiei play vs. PP, makes me wonder why CQ didnt include him. It's such a mystery

He could have made an impact, at the minimum

Comment

I don't know why we are obsessed by a CAM a number 10, that is supposed to do all the stuff. We should build a team work with passing, movement, construction etc.. and not rely on a playmaker (that the opposite team will try to shadow and consequently cut completely the team). Danger should come from everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X