CAM position, TM main concern..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAM position, TM main concern..

People are worried about our right and left back position, but i seriously believe our weakest link is CAM. It kind of amaze me how come after being in Iran for over 5 years, CQ failed to find one(if we have one of course!) I mean he tried few players here and there but no one established himself as starter. Honestly playing Dejagah in that position make him completely useless. Masoud is a good alternative as sub but not starter anymore.

So the real question is do we have any real CAM in our football?

I always wondered how come a guy like Mosalman who has been behind Persepolis success for over a year didn't get a call in last year or so.

We also have few other alternatives like:

-Soroush Rafaei
    -Dariush Shojaeian
    -Mehdi Torabi(who can also play as CAM)
    -Ehsan Pahlevan(Winger and CAM)
    -Rahim Zohaivi(CAM and target forward)
    And honestly i kind of gave up in case of Bakhtiar Rahmani..

Sasan Ansari also had a great season last year in this position but failed to make it to starting line up in Persepolis, maybe he shines again with another club? Who knows..

Masoud Shojaei is definitely our man right now for the CAM position. I don't understand all the hate on this forum for Shojaei. He created our best chances against China and was beating players with absolute ease similar to Ali Karimi. His passes were just a bit off but that is because of his lack of matches due to the Greek league being delayed. Once the Greek league starts up he'll hit his form and truly be an asset for Panionios and Iran. I just hope that he stays fit and in form until the world cup which will depend on his professionalism. But I have a lot of faith in Masoud and think he is ridiculously underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      People are worried about our right and left back position, but i seriously believe our weakest link is CAM. It kind of amaze me how come after being in Iran for over 5 years, CQ failed to find one(if we have one of course!) I mean he tried few players here and there but no one established himself as starter. Honestly playing Dejagah in that position make him completely useless. Masoud is a good alternative as sub but not starter anymore.

So the real question is do we have any real CAM in our football?

-Soroush Rafaei
      -Dariush Shojaeian
      -Mehdi Torabi(who can also play as CAM)
      -Ehsan Pahlevan(Winger and CAM)
      -Rahim Zohaivi(CAM and target forward)
      And honestly i kind of gave up in case of Bakhtiar Rahmani..

Sasan Ansari also had a great season last year in this position but failed to make it to starting line up in Persepolis, maybe he shines again with another club? Who knows..

Sasan: Not good enough for TM
      Rahim: Not good enough CAM

base on their current physical /game condition
      Darioush is a better choice till we see what will happen to soroush or Bakhtiar .

CQ preference:
      Masoud
      Darioush

Comment

I have nothing against Shojaei and i never got all the bashes and criticizes he got during years, maybe he had a big shoes to fill after retirement of Karimi? Maybe people always compared him with Karimi? I don't know.. Masoud always served TM with dignity and is a decent guy as well BUT we need a fresh blood in this position and that is not a bashing toward Masoud who like any other player with age is slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
          Sasan: Not good enough for TM
          Rahim: Not good enough CAM

base on their current physical /game condition
          Darioush is a better choice till we see what will happen to soroush or Bakhtiar .

CQ preference:
          Masoud
          Darioush
          My thought exactly, experience shows CQ doesn't like typical fancy CAM like Soroush and Bakhtiar, he proved that with Khalatbari in past(who wasn't CAM though but he is not a big fan of only-fancy players).

Comment

My main problem with Shojaei is his speed. He is no Coutinho or Mata. If he gets by someone, any player with good recovery speed can catch back up to him.

I remember when he sombrero'd Di Maria and got by Mascherano and if only he was quicker could have ran at Garay and made a thru ball we would have scored.

If a CAM should dribble and run at the back four he should be quick enough to make the other teams defenders have to panic and decide between stepping up and guarding the forward moving off the ball. I wouldnt mind giving it to Shojaeian to see what can be done.

Comment

^ correct.

Besides, ''all the hate''? I dont know. But there are observations that ppl have made.

First of all, yes, in the 1st half he did have a few nice touches and a couple of good passes. But near the end of the half it all stopped. And we never saw anything from him after that.
              So for ppl to adjudge him as MOM based on a couple of passes and a dribble, is a bit too hasty. I am sure had we kept Shojaeian or Rafiei or Rahmani (the top three playmakers of the league, irrespective of the form, imo. I havent watched Zohaivi enough to judge him), they'd also show such stats AT THE MINIMUM, if not far more.
              It seems we have deliberately lowered our standards to such abysmal levels that when a player makes two passes & one successful dribble (forgetting countless turnovers and loss of possessions and lethargic running) in the entire match, we suddenly become elated and call for MOM!
              Two passes and a dribble, ppl. In 75 bleeding minutes!!! At one of the KEY positions in a team. What kind of stats are these?

If we want to have a successful team, we ought to expect more from experienced players, at key positions.

Comment

wish we had experience mature Rezshek
                https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...56694221_n.mp4

Comment

I don't follow IPL, but from the looks of it (CQ selection policy) we don't have a CAM, which also explain the lack of goals made in the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                    wish we had experience mature Rezshek
                    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...56694221_n.mp4
                    I haven't seen much of this guy, how you rate him and his future? Can he take it to next step? The fact that he went for trial with few European clubs and still is in IPL and not getting any playing time is a bit down side of it..

Comment

==========================edit
                      Last edited by St_Mark; 09-08-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

What we don't Have,

from training site
                        What Are the Defensive Responsibilities of the Position?
                        Believe it or not the position does come with a set a of defensive responsibilities much like every position on the field.
                        The most important element of a sound defence is ball pressure and that is what is required from the position. Putting opposing sides center backs, outside backs and center mids under pressure goes a long way in your teams ability to shut down an opponent from the root of their attack.
                        An attacking center midfielder can also create much of their attack through this pressure. Players coughing up the ball, taking bad touches and serving balls into difficult areas allow your team to capitalize on those potential mistakes.

Top 5 Attributes of A Pro Level Attacking Center Midfielder
                        1. Ability to take players on at speed in the final third
                        2. Linking up with the striker
                        3. Creating goal scoring opportunities for other players
                        4. Pressure on the opponents back line
                        5. Clinical Finisher

Why Do Teams Play with An Attacking Center Midfielder?
                        Well most teams will play with an attacking center mid versus a defensive one is for many reasons such as:
                        1) The opposition doesn't have a strong middle of the park allowing a team to push more men forward
                        2) Looking to generate a little more offense by pushing a midfielder higher on the pitch
                        3) The striker needs an early link and compliment not being able to do it all on their own.
                        4) The team playing with that attacking center mid has two defensively sound center mids enabling them to push more players forward.

Is it More of A Central Position or A Wide Position?
                        Generally the position is played in the middle of the field just above the center mids and below the striker.
                        In terms of where to play on the field throughout the course of a match it depends on the instruction given to the player from his/her coach. Generally the player in this position has the freedom to roam as they see fit.
                        Central, deep and in wide areas you are likely to find a dangerous player trying to create things for his team for a well balanced dynamic attack throughout the course of ninety minutes.

Technical Attributes of A Great Attacking Center Mid:
                        -Technically gifted foot skills (able to take players on, play in small spaces and keep the ball under control in all positions)
                        -Technically sound service (able to play through balls, long balls, crosses etc.)

Physical Attributes of A Great Attacking Center Mid:
                        -Strong Lower Body Strength (able to shoot from long and short distances)
                        -Strong Upper Body Strength (able to be a physical threat in the air finishing and winning head balls)
                        -Strong vertical leaping ability (to be dangerous in the air in and around the box
                        -Strong low center of gravity (protecting the ball from defenders waiting for teammates to join the attack)
                        -Quick first step (able to dribble past players at speed in the final third)

Essential Foundational Attributes of A Great Attacking Center Mid:
                        -A threat every time they touch the ball
                        -Relentless pressure on the opposing defensive third
                        -Creative in tight spaces in and around the opponents box
                        -Clinical finisher of the ball
                        -Hero quality (able to put the team on their back and finish the game with one strike of the ball)
                        -The link from the midfielders to striker
                        It isn't necessary but a quality that never hurts to have in any position never mind this one, is pace. Pure out and out speed to run at defenders terrorizing their defensive shape and confidence until the ref blows the game dead.
                        It takes a special player to play in this role. They need to be creative, dangerous and persistent in their attack. The player that plays here is aware that they have the ability to score and create but is looking out for the striker and their confidence knowing that they need to be on the end of more goals then them. An attacking center midfielder is a player to key an eye on if your a defender all game long, because all it takes is one moment for them to change the game.

Last edited by St_Mark; 09-09-2016, 12:07 AM.

Comment

st-mark jan, i guess you are posting in wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            st-mark jan, i guess you are posting in wrong thread
                            Thanks
                            I corrected it.

Comment

I hate to suggest this... but Iran should invade the UAE to claim it as a part of Iran, then we could have Omar Abdulrahman. He would be the perfect sort of glue for our team. Easily the best in Asia without a doubt if we had someone of his calibre. All our bases would be pretty well covered.

More seriously, I suggest letting Eza play CM and having Omid Ebrahimi partner with Ando in the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X