This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
    I just talked to aly keyta (Östersund keeper) and according to him, he is choosing Iran. but the only thing that he is afraid of is his passport and citizenship

از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
    Poor guy is under immense pressure. Not only will his Iranian passport and citizenship be jeopardized and possibly revoked from him, but also should he take Iran over Sweden, for the rest of his life his footballing career in Sweden may be under pressure and criticized by the fans and football authorities etc. Add to it his social life predicament he may have to face for the rest of his life in that country.

Some folks need to be a little more sensible and patient. Don't just jump the gun that quick!

Comment

People can blame him as much as they want but it is not an easy situation and decision for him to deal with. None of our players with dual citizenship were in such situation to decide between the two countries( Gucci, Ashkan, Davari, Zandi, etc). It is easy to sit and say Lengesh-Kon!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        People can blame him as much as they want but it is not an easy situation and decision for him to deal with. None of our players with dual citizenship were in such situation to decide between the two countries( Gucci, Ashkan, Davari, Zandi, etc). It is easy to sit and say Lengesh-Kon!
        I would love to be in his situation, the decision would have been straight and very quick

Comment

Ghoddos is a beast. Iranian or Swedish. He is a very talented individual.

Comment

Given his interviews in Swedish media after the game tonight, I have a strong feeling he will choose Iran. There is something about his facial expression and what he says when asked what he will choose that just points towards Iran.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
              Given his interviews in Swedish media after the game tonight, I have a strong feeling he will choose Iran. There is something about his facial expression and what he says when asked what he will choose that just points towards Iran.
              Explain more for us not in Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                Explain more for us not in Sweden.
                Well, as I mentioned it's just a gut feeling so it's difficult to explain. It just feels like his aim is to make it sound like it is a difficult decision, while he looks like he has already decided. He is saying that he has not decided yet and that he will do so tomorrow morning, but it does not feel credible.

He also started talking about how it was an honor to be called up by Sweden since he was born and educated there, but that it's a difficult decision that he will "explain tomorrow". This sounds like he wants to be respectful and like the start to a sentence that would end up in a "but I have chosen Iran".

Maybe I am reading too much in to this, but it is a gut feeling.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  I would love to be in his situation, the decision would have been straight and very quick
                  You may say that now, but when you play your junior football up to senior level in one country and benefit big time from their facilities, training, etc, it will not be an easy decision. Don't forget both him and his family are still living in Sweden, so in may aspects he is more Swedish than Iran and such a decision will affect him and his family.
                  You may not remember but it took Dejagah 7-8 years to say Yes to TM and when exactly he realized he has no chance with Germany, the conversation even started when he was 17-18 and Daei was playing with Hertha. Daei even had talked to him to convince him to join TM but he wasn't interested, or better to say family weren't at that point!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    You may say that now, but when you play you junior football up to senior level in one country and benefit big time with their facilities, training, etc, it will not be an easy decision. Don't forget both him and his family are still living in Sweden, so in may aspects he is more Swedish than Iran.
                    You may not remember but it took Dejagah 5-6 years to say Yes to TM and when exactly he realized he has no chance with Germany, the conversation even started when he was 17-18 and Daei was playing with Hertha. Daei even had talked with him to convince him to join TM but he wasn't interested, or better to say family weren't!
                    I am myself more french, swedish, european anything you want than iranian, but my decision is 300% for Iran.

Comment

Well, as I mentioned it's just a gut feeling so it's difficult to explain. It just feels like his aim is to make it sound like it is a difficult decision, while he looks like he has already decided. He is saying that he has not decided yet and that he will do so tomorrow morning, but it does not feel credible.

He also started talking about how it was an honor to be called up by Sweden since he was born and educated there, but that it's a difficult decision that he will "explain tomorrow". This sounds like he wants to be respectful and like the start to a sentence that would end up in a "but I have chosen Iran".

I know exactly how you see and feel and I feel the same thing!

Comment

I have the same feeling as Soorakhian. He makes it sound as if it is still a possibility to choose for Sweden and that it's a hard choice to make, but I think he is saying this to not to get on the bad side of the Swedish people.

Personally I wouldn't have cared at all what Dutch people might think of me, I would scream from every rooftop that I chose Iran without any doubt in my mind. But I do understand Saman as well. Afterall, he will be in Iran only for some TM camps and for TM games, so more than 90% of the time he will still be among Swedish people and will be living there as well. So he feels as if he has to remain humble and respectful to them and so he has to make it look like as if it was a hard decision to make.
                        Last edited by Amin_; 09-28-2017, 02:40 PM.
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                            I have the same feeling as Soorakhian. He makes it sound as if it is still a possibility to choose for Sweden and that it's a hard choice to make, but I think he is saying this to not to get on the bad side of the Swedish people.

Personally I wouldn't have cared at all what Dutch people might think of me, I would scream from every rooftop that I chose Iran without any doubt in my mind. But I do understand Saman as well. Afterall, he will be in Iran only for some TM camps and for TM gamea, so more than 90% of the time he will still be among Swedish people and will be living there. So he feels as if he has to remain humble and respectful to them and make it look like a hard decision.
                            The way he's playing, he won't be playing in Sweden much longer. If he really was MOTM, I think Hertha will be interested again. He even said in Navad interview, if it was up to him, he would have transferred out of Ostersunds to another league - but that because of Europa League, he stayed.

Comment

I think he's already chosen Iran but is trying to make peace with turning down his home country Sweden. I think he found a happiness and connection with Iran that he never really knew before this all happened. I think choosing Iran and seeing all the warmth and connection with Iranians all around the world has been something very special to him. I have full confidence that his choice has been and will be Iran.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                I am myself more french, swedish, european anything you want than iranian, but my decision is 300% for Iran.
                                *You are not being cheered with a song by thousands of people after each game you win.

* You don't have over 10k followers in social media.

* You are not a source of news in different national newspapers from time to time.

* You don't give interviews and if you do, no offence but no one would care.

* You are not hated for choosing the "wrong" national team by millions.

*You are not loved for choosing the "right" national team by millions.

The list goes on.....

As Iran_19 very well said, it's easy to sit at home and say I would do this or I would do that. You'll never know unless you are 100% in the person's shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X