Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
    April Fools y'all
    Goddamit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      I honestly believe CQ is content with our squad now and there probably won't be a Ghoddos or Tafazolli around till after the 2018 World Cup. We are sitting comfortably on top of the table with our current squad, why would he change something to his team? I was thinking about this the other day.
      Absolute nonsense. While CQ's public goal is to advance the team to the 2nd round for the first time ever, I believe he is confident that he can lead TM to the quarterfinals with a little bit of good fortune. The current squad, as constructed, has what it takes for a 2nd place finish in the group stage. But in order to take it to the next level, CQ knows that he needs a dynamic game changer as the midfield engine. Guys like Shojaei and Dejagah no longer have what it takes to assume that responsibility. Ghoddos is the only guy capable of filling that role.

I also disagree with those who think CQ will not do everything in his power to ensure Ghoddos joins the team due to this perceived lukewarm interest he has shown in committing to Iran thus far. Davari's case was totally different because he was not a standout player that was an integral part of the team. I would be shocked if Ghoddos does not receive the call up for the next round of qualifiers, or after we have already qualified at the very latest.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
        Link doesn't work man, seems like it's been deleted.

hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
          Absolute nonsense. While CQ's public goal is to advance the team to the 2nd round for the first time ever, I believe he is confident that he can lead TM to the quarterfinals with a little bit of good fortune. The current squad, as constructed, has what it takes for a 2nd place finish in the group stage. But in order to take it to the next level, CQ knows that he needs a dynamic game changer as the midfield engine. Guys like Shojaei and Dejagah no longer have what it takes to assume that responsibility. Ghoddos is the only guy capable of filling that role.
          I also disagree with those who think CQ will not do everything in his power to ensure Ghoddos joins the team due to this perceived lukewarm interest he has shown in committing to Iran thus far. Davari's case was totally different because he was not a standout player that was an integral part of the team. I would be shocked if Ghoddos does not receive the call up for the next round of qualifiers, or after we have already qualified at the very latest.
          I see a lot of wild assumptions in your post. Have you seen the China match lately? Shojaei was single handily carrying the team with his creativity, creating space for the forwards every single time. If anything, Shojaei is capable of filling the role.

With all due respect, you are comparing a player like Masoud who has 70+ caps, years of La Liga, Asian Cup and World Cup experience under his belt while Ghoddos is having one good season in the 21rd ranked league of Europe, scoring against literally nobodies.

Ghoddos isn't even a proved player on international stage, and has been hyped up way too much on this forum. We don't even know if he is good enough for Team Melli, and yet he is the only one responsible of taking over Askhan's and Masoud's role in the team?

Many people trash talk the Eredivisie here, but do you know the Eredivisie is one class higher above the Allsvenskan where this Ghoddos lad is from? I'm glad CQ is our coach and doesn't think so naive to invite a player who does well in some random European league.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            I see a lot of wild assumptions in your post. Have you seen the China match lately? Shojaei was single handily carrying the team with his creativity, creating space for the forwards every single time. If anything, Shojaei is capable of filling the role.

With all due respect, you are comparing a player like Masoud who has 70+ caps, years of La Liga, Asian Cup and World Cup experience under his belt while Ghoddos is having one good season in the 21rd ranked league of Europe, scoring against literally nobodies.

Ghoddos isn't even a proved player on international stage, and has been hyped up way too much on this forum. We don't even know if he is good enough for Team Melli, and yet he is the only one responsible of taking over Askhan's and Masoud's role in the team?

Many people trash talk the Eredivisie here, but do you know the Eredivisie is one class higher above the Allsvenskan where this Ghoddos lad is from? I'm glad CQ is our coach and doesn't think so naive to invite a player who does well in some random European league.
            If we were to look at Gucci based off the same way you're talking about ghoddos then he would've never been invited to TM. This focus on league and club is way too much - when we saw Gucci we all said "wow, this guy can find the back of the net" and he was playing in the second division of Belgium!!! So if we look at ghoddos and acknowledge his very impressive performances for such a young player I wouldn't call that being hyped up. Nobody is asking him to replace sardar or Gucci we just want him tested. Like Reza his goal scoring record and speed is fantastic and he's much younger than Reza was when he got his shot with TM and even if we use your focus on the importance league that he plays in, well then he's even playing in a much better league than 2nd division of Belgium. Circumstances were way different, Reza came in and started immediately but for ghoddos it's merely just inviting him and testing him that makes total and complete sense.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

1,5h to game time. Let's see how ÖFK start out this season in the league (already in the cup final).

Comment

http://www.sportingvideo.org/2017040...3-1639264.html

If anyone wants to watch the game, here's a link!

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Shocker by Halmstad. Sead Haksabanovic scores a beautiful goal after ÖFK controlled the entire half with 75% possession outplaying HBK.
                  Note: Haksabanovic (born 1999) turned down a contract from Club Brugge a couple of months ago to finish school in Sweden.

Comment

Haksabanovic scores a great goal for Halmstads (opponents of Saman's team Ostersunds).

ZendebadIran!

Comment

HT 1-0 for Halmstads. Saman has had some good moments but not getting too many great balls in from the wings. He's playing as a forward in a 3-5-2 by the way, I was surprised because I thought he was more of a winger. In any case, he needs to try be more aggressive if he wants to score.

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                        Shocker by Halmstad. Sead Haksabanovic scores a beautiful goal after ÖFK controlled the entire half with 75% possession outplaying HBK.
                        Note: Haksabanovic (born 1999) turned down a contract from Club Brugge a couple of months ago to finish school in Sweden.
                        Was an amazing goal wasn't it! Ostersunds aren't doing enough with the possession they have imo

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
                          Was an amazing goal wasn't it! Ostersunds aren't doing enough with the possession they have imo
                          HBK sat very low with their forwards being 5-10 m behind the half, so there's been little space to feed Saman as a forward. When he's dropped down and involved in play he's been very good, but HBK pretty much had nothing first half except the individual brillance of Haksabanovic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                            HBK sat very low with their forwards being 5-10 m behind the half, so there's been little space to feed Saman as a forward. When he's dropped down and involved in play he's been very good, but HBK pretty much had nothing first half except the individual brillance of Haksabanovic.
                            Yeah you're right, Saman hasn't really gotten any good service in addition to them being heavily defended when in possession. Hopefully HBK come out more this half so Ostersunds can expose their backline!

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Graham Potter is very unhappy with the lack of opportunities created with so much possession. Just did a triple sub: Bertilsson, Widgren and Bachirou out. Gero, Somi, Edwards in.

Comment

Looks like he's playing as a left winger

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X