My 3 days with a legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
    We did quite a lot of advertising in social media that Mahdavikia will come to Stockholm
    Oh man, I didn't see anything! I wished you posted a link here as well! I would have definitely attended!

BTW, you mentioned you have under 13 team for girls but how about boys? Do you have U16 teams as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Oh man, I didn't see anything! I wished you posted a link here as well! I would have definitely attended!
      BTW, you mentioned you have under 13 team for girls but how about boys? Do you have U16 teams as well?
      Our over 13 year old girls are not ordinary girls. we have chosen to help girls who have parents who have financial difficulties and cant afford to pay membership fees to their daughters to play football or girls that their parents dont allow their daughters to play footbal, their parents believes that girls should just stay home and sports are forbidden. It is them we have gathered and have talked to their parents and worked HAAAARD to change their ways of thinking (which was not easy). The girls do not have to pay membership fees and they gets Parsian training overalls + T-shirt + shorts + socks + headscarf from Iran and bag and game jerseys.
      and for your question, we have waited to start a team for boys because there is another team that has been around far longer than us (more then 20 years) and they have picked up all the children in the neighborhood. But we are working on it and hope if everything goes right, we may have a team of boys under 16 years old next year.
      If you like visit our facebook pga http://www.facebook.com/parsianif or our webbsite http://www.parsianif.se so you can get the information when we have created teams for boys under 16 and the next time Mahdavikia visit us again.
      TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Great experience and great initiative, shahramii. I hope your football club becomes successful and you accomplish your goals. Just a question, in what division is the club playing? How realistic is promotion to higher leagues?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Great experience and great initiative, shahramii. I hope your football club becomes successful and you accomplish your goals. Just a question, in what division is the club playing? How realistic is promotion to higher leagues?
          thank you very much kiarash jan.
          hopefully we'll come up soon but one step at a time. right now we are building a lot of things around the team like this with Mahdavikia and that Manoto television visited us and that we are doing social problems like creating football tournaments for refugee children, constantly collect medicine and clothes for refugees, helping kids with homework at schools and so on. we are thinking very long term and not so much short term so. if we go up quickly without having strong foundation then the team can fall very easily as it has happened to many teams in Stockholm.
          We created the club in 2013 but we didnt want to have a team then. we wanted to build everything from scratch, like having good economics, vision statutes and when we had that then creat a team. Our first team in the series was in 2015. We were second last year and now in the current situation we are the 2nd and the chance to go up is possible. If we ends up when the seaso i finished then there compare us with 11 other group runner-up. they Counts the teams points divided with the number of matches you have done. and thenthe best team goes up with the Group Winner
          standing
          http://www.stff.se/information/?scr=table&ftid=62269

Comment

team bara piro o patala nadrin, shahrami?

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
              team bara piro o patala nadrin, shahrami?
              dadash ma nokaretonam hastim pir chie.. vali na nadarim vali hast ye team to Stockholm (kista) baraye kasayi ke seneshon balatare. Albate khodam ham sennam kam nist

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                Yo Shahram, you need somebody with a bad achilles tendon to warm your bench in div 7 Stockholm?
                This was a serious questions, btw. I'm down to contribute if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                  This was a serious questions, btw. I'm down to contribute if needed.
                  Of course you are welcome for a try out and after the training coach make the decision if he is interested or not

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience and I salute you for your good work with the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
                      Of course you are welcome for a try out and after the training coach make the decision if he is interested or not
                      You guys are doing great work.

Comment

To me, Mahdavikia was the best Player we ever had!

Comment

Why Mehdi Mahdavikia is Iran's greatest footballing legend

Everyone has their favourites. Anyone is entitled to say Ghelichkhani was more of a complete player, Parvin was more of an "idol", Karimi was more intrinsically talented, Daei was more of an international name, Hejazi more of a cult figure etc.... Yes, I agree with all of these. Now I don't like Persepolis and also, Mahdavikia lost a bit of his aura with the "Do zan" scandal.

But these are the reasons why I think he is our greatest of all time football personality (note this is not just his successes, but his reputation):

Club level:

- He is the only Iranian player who has had truly top-class seasons in Europe - topping the assist charts in the Bundesliga 2003
                          - Chosen in Kicker's team of the season 2002-2003 (best offensive winger)
                          - HSV player of the year twice in 2003 and 2004 - The Carpet (der Teppich) for his ability to "magically glide past" his opponents like the enchanted carpet.- HSV Team of the century 2012 (who else has this kind of accolate in Europe)?
                          - The best single performance by an Iranian player in Europe: HSV vs Juventus 4-4 Champions League 2001 when he scored and did two assists. He was a machine in that match, never seen anything like that before or since by an Iranian in Europe. And who can forget his performance against Nuremberg - he basically made all four goals for HSV, crazy.

National Level:

- He is our best world cup performer. In 1998 he was in Fifa official 32-man squad for the 98 World Cup , scoring a great goal and always positive going forward, we all remember how great he was. He is the only iranian player to make an official Fifa list. In 2006 even though he wasn't at the same level he still contributed the assists and seemed like one of the only threats going forward.
                          - Asian Young Footballer of the Year: 1997. Asian Footballer of the Year: 2003. Top assists in 2004.

Coaching/Since quitting

His work since quitting, which to me is the most impressive of all retired Iranian players. He has totally gone his own path:

- Starting off as AFC's first Grassroots Ambassador in Asia - helping develop youth football in many countries.

- Working at a complete grassroots level with his Kia Football Academy: He is almost single-handedly building an Iranian youth academy and has funded this entirely from his own pocket. Not for money, but for caring about the development of iranian football. They just came third in an international tournament, having lost in the Semis to the eventual winner Mainz.

- His worth with Hamburg SV youth teams where he coaches everything from defence to attack. The constant reports from fans that he is the friendliest man and cares immensely about the development of each young player. Always encouraging, never disparaging, and showing lots of passion.

Personality:

Everyone knows he is meant to be friendly but shy/timid. The "do zan" thing was certainly out of character, especially as we saw how devoted he was to his little daughter.
                          But despite that he has the reputation as the nicest of the Iranian players, and has a certain passion for the game which we don't see any more.

I hope he never manages in IPL and continues being the hero in the shadows, building the next generation the way he became the spearhead for a new generation himself. Except doing it the right way.

Comment

age eshtebah nakonam ghablan ham Shamsaee (former futsal coach), ra davat kardeh boodin, ej val mashdi

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
                              Thanks for sharing your experience and I salute you for your good work with the kids.
                              thank you so very much
                              Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                              You guys are doing great work.
                              Tanx bro
                              Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                              age eshtebah nakonam ghablan ham Shamsaee (former futsal coach), ra davat kardeh boodin, ej val mashdi
                              bale nader jan doroste. vali ma dar asl davatesh nakarde bodim. Aghaye shams ye safar be sued dasht (yadam nemiad baraye chi) ke dosteshon ba ma tamas gereft va goft ke aghaye shams stockhom hastesh va ma ham davetesh kardim sare tamrini ke dashtim. Vali mahdavikia davate ma bod va pishe ma omade bod.
                              I do not know if you can see the clips in the link if you dont have liked the page, but I share them anyway
                              Here is when Shams omade bod pishe ma
                              https://www.facebook.com/ParsianIf/v...6261739729126/
                              here is the futsal tournament we had for refugee kids (99,9 % afghan kids)
                              https://www.facebook.com/ParsianIf/v...2703977751566/
                              Milad Mohammadi message to Parsian
                              https://www.facebook.com/ParsianIf/v...0088089013154/

Manoto TV
                              https://www.manototv.com/videos/6843...edium=facebook

Comment

Parsian IF and FC Kia cooperation on Tasnim news and FC Kia instagram page
                                Check out the links
                                https://www.facebook.com/ParsianIf/p...94148153940480

Comment

Working...
                                X