Post game: Esteghlal and Persepolis game on September 16, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post game: Esteghlal and Persepolis game on September 16, 2016

Esteghlal (SS) and Persepolis (PP) on September 16, 2016 game.

I watched most of this game. Few observations:
    Except for few occasions, both teams played mostly in the middle of the field.

There were empty seats, especially on SS section.

Public funds are used for both SS and PP. The public is entitled to question and demand results.

Faghani had an easy game to referee and he did okay.

It was a waste of time to watch this game. It has been waste of public funds to allocate so much money to these two teams. So much money for this type of game is not acceptable.

In general, each National team is made of players from clubs where most money is spent (SS and PP). At least this was in Iran's past. SS and PP players are not prepared and other club players are not ready, that is WHY Iranian club games are postponed so that national team can prepare.
    In most countries call up is 72 hours before for practice, but in Iran it is at least two weeks.
    Last edited by AIrani; 09-16-2016, 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

sorry but just one word, EFTEZAH.

Waste of time

Comment

Like I said in another forum, PP and SS are cancers to Iranian football. If money is still pumped into these garbage clubs, then TM will never grow. I can't count the numerous amounts of talents that these two clubs have bought from other clubs and simply destroyed their careers. I can name way too many players from both sides where they had promising futures only for their careers to be derailed and thrown back into lower level clubs.

As far as the derby itself, it is a VERY overrated rivalry nowadays. The tradition and history is excellent along with the hatred, but the match quality has been pathetic the past several years expect for a few matches here and there.

Comment

Am I the only PP fan that can't stand the sight of Taremi on the pitch? And I was one of his biggest supporters.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
          Am I the only PP fan that can't stand the sight of Taremi on the pitch? And I was one of his biggest supporters.
          Minus his big miss, he actually did well. He was finding bits of space in a very packed Esteghlal defense.

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
            Taremi did not do well in this derby. He had few good opportunities which he wasted.

This derby was POOR.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Mansourian interview

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1238...84%DB%8C%D8%B3

He seems happy with the result, although obviously he claims that he's not

Comment

Terrible game. Both teams lost the ball too easily and lacked energy. No one attacked too much but Esteghlal was definitely sitting back and defending more than Perspolis. Not many openings, we had more chances but overall the game was trash.
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I am sorry this game was so awful to even talk about it in "retro-prospective". Close this thread and move on!! nothing to talk about here.
                  IRI = FAILED

Comment

Also Rezaeian apparently threw a hissy fit because he didn't get to play and wanted to leave the Stadium without the team but was finally convinced to come into the locker room with the rest of the players.

What a baby.

Comment

^^of course after the FAILED transferred effort I do not have big expectations from Rezaeian. Both him and Taremi will be the reasons for hashieh in the team. just watch
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Next time somebody complains about Arab teams grass-rolling, I'm going to remind them of this game. What a total disgrace. This game proves that gross-rolling is a Middle Eastern football disease. FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                          Next time somebody complains about Arab teams grass-rolling, I'm going to remind them of this game. What a total disgrace. This game proves that gross-rolling is a Middle Eastern football disease. FFS.
                          It's honestly become more of an Asian football thing over the years, but yes we are as bad as Arabs these days, it's really embarrassing
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

You'll see time wasting and grassrolling at club level in pretty much every country. Internationally though ive never seen Iran grassrolling other than Rahmati against Korea, whereas Arabs do it almost every game.

Comment

People don't seem to understand that except for time wasting purposes the grass rolling is actually because the players in the Middle East don't usually have the stamina to work a full 90 min up tempo game because the leagues lack of professionalism in physical conditioning, nutrition, recovery etc. Sometimes the unawareness of tactical positioning makes players run up and down much more rather than moving as an entity. These rushes makes some players want to catch their breathe (when not time wasting). It's all due to lack of knowledge if anything (+ unsportsmanlike conduct when time wasting).

Comment

Working...
                              X