Hypothetical thought (Azadi stadium)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical thought (Azadi stadium)

As you know, after installing the seats in Azadi, we have lost the advantage of having 100k people to having around 78k. It's still a lot in the middle east but when it comes to number of spectators, Azadi is not considered as one of the biggest in the world any more. Once upon a time, with right TM games, it would be filled with 120k people. We will definitely not have this advantage anymore.

I know it's not gonna happen but what if we added another level around the stadium or at least on parts of it? Most of big stadiums around the world have 3 or more levels. Here are some examples:

San Siro:

Camp Nou:

Santiago Bernabeu:

Allianz Arena:

Arsenal Emirates Stadium:

Estadio da Luz (Benfica's home):

So do you think it's possible to do this for Azadi? The building is built in a way that kind of makes it hard to have another level though? But then we'd have our +100k back!

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    As you know, after installing the seats in Azadi, we have lost the advantage of having 100k people to having around 78k. It's still a lot in the middle east but when it comes to number of spectators, Azadi is not considered as one of the biggest in the world any more. Once upon a time, with right TM games, it would be filled with 120k people. We will definitely not have this advantage anymore.

I know it's not gonna happen but what if we added another level around the stadium or at least on parts of it? Most of big stadiums around the world have 3 or more levels. Here are some examples:
    San Siro:

Camp Nou:

Santiago Bernabeu:

Allianz Arena:

Arsenal Emirates Stadium:

Estadio da Luz (Benfica's home):

So do you think it's possible to do this for Azadi? The building is built in a way that kind of makes it hard to have another level though? But then we'd have our +100k back!
    What's going to happen to our Lebanese Syrian and Iraqi brothers then??

Other than that i don't think it is possible to add the third floor.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

IR havent build a decent stadium (or anything for that matter) since its creation, and you are comparing Azadi to European stadiums?
      And I love Erfans^ first comment!

Comment

We all know that will never happen, or at least under the reign of this government. Plus the structure of Azadi makes it almost impossible to build a 3rd. level.

Not to mention, the stadium is already over 30 years old, and over this past 3 decades and under the IR, little regular maintenance have been done to it, therefore I am sure as result of overlooking of the people in charge in this regard, the lifespan of the stadium has tremendously decreased, and totally unreliable for such addition!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
          IR havent build a decent stadium (or anything for that matter) since its creation,
          Who built Imam Reza stadium then?

Comment

Personally I prefer them save the money for expanding a stadium and spend it on the league and proper jerseys. There are more problems in our football that need money than rebuilding stadiums that we will only use the full capacity once or twice every four years.

Comment

1. I don't see this ever happening

2. All those examples you brought up were already pure football stadiums, where this would work.
              The stands in Azadi are already so far away from the field, putting a 3rd terrace on top of it....people would only see dots from there.

3.The only way it would work would be to sink down the field and build the new stand below the current lower stand, approaching the field more and giving up the track.
              But it would be feasible. We don't need azadi for track and field and they are currently building a 40.000 roofed track & field Stadium right next to azadi.
              They would also need a roof structure for azadi spanning over the entire turf.

4. Do we really need a 100.000 capacity stadium? One that only gets sold out once in a while, and the other times like 10.000 - 20.000?
              Maybe the day when SS and PP have their own stadiums, we could overhaul Azadi Like above and keep it as a national stadium only and for Sorkhabis

Comment

A better option is to do what they did to the olympic stadium in the uk. They built over the lower stand. The angle of the lower stand will get screwed up but the seats will get closer to the pitch with more seat.

Although with the pic above, it wasn't done to it's full potential as they want to carry on using it for athletics, so the lower tier is removable. Otherwise they could have used a lot more seat.
                Having said all the above, it will never happen lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  We all know that will never happen, or at least under the reign of this government. Plus the structure of Azadi makes it almost impossible to build a 3rd. level.

Not to mention, the stadium is already over 30 years old, and over this past 3 decades and under the IR, little regular maintenance have been done to it, therefore I am sure as result of overlooking of the people in charge in this regard, the lifespan of the stadium has tremendously decreased, and totally unreliable for such addition!
                  It is not that inconceivable, a popular idea (similar to what they did to Las Palmas Stadium) is that with stadiums with tracks around them, they remove the track and lower the pitch and create a third stand under the stadium instead of adding them to the top, this would be the most feasible solution for Azadi. A fully completed Azadi will have a 3rd tier and a roof, which I am sure will eventually happen, but I hope it happens at least in the next 10 years (wishful thinking).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                    A better option is to do what they did to the olympic stadium in the uk. They built over the lower stand. The angle of the lower stand will get screwed up but the seats will get closer to the pitch with more seat.

Although with the pic above, it wasn't done to it's full potential as they want to carry on using it for athletics, so the lower tier is removable. Otherwise they could have used a lot more seat.
                    Having said all the above, it will never happen lol
                    That's interesting! But then only the lower stand will get closer to the pitch! Did the number of seats increase too? Because that's the main point for Azadi!

Comment

Working...
                    X