This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    Which teams did play on this day? And what were the results?
    Dalian Wanda China 3-4 (aet) Iran Esteghlal , 1999

Comment

Taj was on TV recently talking about this saying that they are asking to have the game moved earlier in the day before some namaz to make it kosher....
      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

truly why do these motherfuckers live so fucking long? How? what the fuck

Comment

We played Uzbekistan 4 years ago on the day of Khomeini's death. And no one got to see it on IRIB because they were having a televised memorial. Or the game was televised but the 2nd half was not show for the memorial. It was a big deal on this forum, does anyone remember the situation?
          "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Soccer overcame even the Pope...Mr. Yazdi doesn't stand a chance!

Benedict XVI’s aide: 2014 World Cup led to his leaving

ROME — The longtime personal aide to the emeritus pontiff, Benedict XVI, says the increasingly frail pope had hoped to stay in the papacy until 2014 but resigned a year earlier because of soccer’s World Cup.

Monsignor Georg Gaenswein’s revealing comments about Benedict, who stunned the world in February 2013 by announcing he would be the first pontiff in 600 years to resign, came in a speech the aide gave in Munich last month.

Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera carried excerpts on Sunday from the speech, which was delivered when Gaenswein presented “The Last Conversations,” a book based on Benedict’s interview comments to a German journalist Peter Seewald.

In his speech, Gaenswein said a doctor had told Benedict he could no longer take trans-Atlantic flights. That posed a dilemma, because as pontiff, Benedict would have been expected to appear at World Youth Day, a popular Catholic event, with its latest edition at the time being organized for Rio de Janeiro.

At that time, World Youth Day gatherings were being held every three years, and by that timetable Brazil would have hosted the event in 2014.

“But World Youth Day that should have taken place in 2014 was moved up because of the soccer World Cup games,” which Brazil was hosting in 2014, the aide note. “Otherwise he would have tried to resist until 2014,” Gaenswein said.

Benedict, 89, now lives in a Vatican convent, stepped down from the papacy on Feb. 28, 2013, five months before the Youth Day gathering, which was attended by Pope Francis, who succeeded him as pontiff.

In the speech, Gaenswein said that in the early 1990s, Benedict, then in his role as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, told Pope John Paul II he could no longer work as the Vatican’s watchdog for doctrinal orthodoxy as head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Ratzinger had suffered a brain hemorrhage, prompting the request to resign the post, Gaenswein said, but John Paul “categorically refused his resignation.”

After Ratzinger in 1994 suffered an embolism, vision in his left eye deteriorated, Gaenswein said.

“From that point on, thus, already years before his election” as pope, in 2005, “he saw very badly with his left eye. But he didn’t let it weigh him down. A semi-blind pope! Who would have ever known?” Gaenswein added.

The aide, who still assists Benedict, expressed sadness that the churchman no longer can take the long walks that were part of a cherished routine.

“Today I see with my own eyes how that passionate stroller is able to complete day after day only ever shorter steps,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...506_story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
              We played Uzbekistan 4 years ago on the day of Khomeini's death. And no one got to see it on IRIB because they were having a televised memorial. Or the game was televised but the 2nd half was not show for the memorial. It was a big deal on this forum, does anyone remember the situation?
              Lol. The game was on tv. I clearly remember watching it on IRIB.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                !!

Mordam az khande

Comment

I swear man, we have some trolls and goblin looking mother******* controlling Iran.

Most if not all of them can cast into "Lord of the Rings: Persia Edition".

No disrespect to our lovely trolls, goblins and hobbits of course

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
                    The match we won 1-0 away in Uzbekistan? Yeah I remember that. But I thought it was because we had difficulties getting the rights to broadcast them. I remember this assclown representativd came on Navad saying they can't afford "One World Sports" price, or they didn't want to pay that sum because it was ridiculous. Which led them to not buying the rights to broadcast the Uzbekistan and Qatar matches on IRIB.
                    Last edited by teammelli91; 10-02-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

rofl arab parasts have officially taken over our nation..

Comment

Btw, is there an english version of this article somewhere?

Comment

What the heck is this holiday so important about? I've never heard of it, why is it such a big deal? Screw these stupid mullahs, I can guarantee we have more ppl that care about TM than they do about some Arab holiday.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This fucking asshole is pissed off of people of Tehran for not electing him in Khobregan majles recently
                            He's for revenge and for people talking about him.
                            Mother fucker!

Comment

Just look at this guys disgusting face!! he looks like Gulum 2.0!!! the hell with these retards!!! Game will go on with a thunderous applause for the 2 winning goals we will score!! hope to see the day we rid our selves of all these cave dwelling fanatics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                                Which teams did play on this day? And what were the results?
                                FC Imam Hussein, and I'm afraid we lost big time
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X