This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
    Didn't we occupy many countries like this to create the Persian Empire? Everybody conquered everybody in that era so....
    Yes, but all those Iranian empires allowed for freedom of religion.

Since the Shias took over Iran it has been one group oppressed after the other. It started with the Sufis and Sunnis and now Bahais.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Go search it, "Gandhi Hussain" on Google. Numerous articles pop up. I get you hate Islam, but taking a biased approach makes you no different than the Islamic Republic. Do some research first.
      I have read Gandhi's biography and didn't come across anything like that. Am just asking you a question whats with me now hating Islam. My loving or hating Islam has nothing to do with anything.

Comment

Go search it, "Gandhi Hussain" on Google. Numerous articles pop up. I get you hate Islam, but taking a biased approach makes you no different than the Islamic Republic. Do some research first.
        It actually does. One doesnt force and one clearly does.

Also a weakness of Muslims in general has been calling anyone who criticizes the dogma at all antiIslamic. Where all other faiths allow room for interpretation and dont immediately kill dissidents of a fact or pillar. At least they havent for several decades anyway.

Anyway, no one here wants to talk about Islam. It's about Iran winning and going to the WC, which is more important than some old expired wackjobs forcing people to follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
          I have read Gandhi's biography and didn't come across anything like that. Am just asking you a question whats with me now hating Islam. My loving or hating Islam has nothing to do with anything.
          Well there are many articles about it. They come up if you search it up, and yeah sorry I misinterpreted you. Shouldn't have judged you prematurely...

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
            Yeah, that's what Shias say. No proof of that. But even if that were the case, that's bad leadership. A leader would protect those who can't fight. Zubayr and Muljam at least went on their own. Same with the Assassins. They were at least successful in what they wanted to achieve and died for it(well not Zubayr really).
            Who said Hossein was an Assassin? Do you not know of the Assassins? Hassan Sabah, etc.... They fought against and assassinated religious and political figures like Nizam al-Mulk?
            Anyway, you never said what makes Hossein unique?
            Depends on your definition of unique, Hussain was a man who stood up against a powerful, corrupt, and drunkard "caliphate" when no one else had the balls to do it. At no point was he afraid and refused to succumb to Yazid's pressure up until his death. To me that's very unique and worthy of respect, if that really doesn't phase you then I have nothing more to say to you.
            And as for proof well... I mean it was 1000 years ago, you're not gonna find any definitive proof but that's how most historians have written it so I don't see why it should be so false. And like I said, Gandhi was inspired by him.
            Oh and no I don't remember the Assassins but it sounds rather familiar. I haven't read religion in a long time and don't intend to do so. I have an extreme contempt for religion.

Comment

Depends on your definition of unique, Hussain was a man who stood up against a powerful, corrupt, and drunkard "caliphate" when no one else had the balls to do it. At no point was he afraid and refused to succumb to Yazid's pressure up until his death. To me that's very unique and worthy of respect, if that really doesn't phase you then I have nothing more to say to you.
              And as for proof well... I mean it was 1000 years ago, you're not gonna find any definitive proof but that's how most historians have written it so I don't see why it should be so false. And like I said, Gandhi was inspired by him.
              Oh and no I don't remember the Assassins but it sounds rather familiar. I haven't read religion in a long time and don't intend to do so. I have an extreme contempt for religion.
              Again, so did his contemporaries Muljam and Zubayr and hundreds of other people throughout history.

This is not religion, it's history.

Comment

Again, so did his contemporaries Muljam and Zubayr and hundreds of other people throughout history.

This is not religion, it's history.
                I'm not sure who they are, like I said it's been a while. Zubayr sounds familiar but if I remember correctly his life wasn't as influential historically as Hussain's.

Comment

I'm not sure who they are, like I said it's been a while. Zubayr sounds familiar but if I remember correctly his life wasn't as influential historically as Hussain's.
                  Are you sure about that? You should brush up on your history. Zubayr was the 5th caliph, challanged the Ummayads legitimacy, was the first Muslim born in Medina, fought against Yazid, etc...

Anyway, my point was, what Hossein did was not unique. Even during his life others were doing the same but with success.

Comment

Are you sure about that? You should brush up on your history. Zubayr was the 5th caliph, challanged the Ummayads legitimacy, was the first Muslim born in Medina, fought against Yazid, etc...

Anyway, my point was, what Hossein did was not unique. Even during his life others were doing the same but with success.
                    Lol well, millions would disagree with you. Gandhi being included, I honestly don't see how anyone could've dealt with it better being in Hussain's EXACT same position. Yazid was a menace.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                      Thanks for sharing I laughed my ass off. This is pure comedy.

Comment

Guys, this is a football forum, lets keep it at that instead of arguing about personal religious/historical representations.

Thanks

Comment

Lol well, millions would disagree with you. Gandhi being included, I honestly don't see how anyone could've dealt with it better being in Hussain's EXACT same position. Yazid was a menace.
                          I'm guessing staying alive and defeating Yazid would have been better than getting yourself and all your followers slaughtered

Comment

I'm guessing staying alive and defeating Yazid would have been better than getting yourself and all your followers slaughtered
                            Oh right because I'm sure 72 people against thousands of Yazids soldiers could have done that. Have you been watching too many superhero movies lately?

And as I said earlier, many of Yazid's soldiers got killed in that battle despite the high numbers. Hussein having killed the most.

Comment

Oh right because I'm sure 72 people against thousands of Yazids soldiers could have done that. Have you been watching too many superhero movies lately?

And as I said earlier, many of Yazid's soldiers got killed in that battle despite the high numbers. Hussein having killed the most.
                              That's the difference between a smart leader and one who isn't. They don't put their people in positions to get slaughtered.

Whay next, are you going to start praising David Koresh? lol....

Comment

That's the difference between a smart leader and one who isn't. They don't put their people in positions to get slaughtered.

Whay next, are you going to start praising David Koresh? lol....
                                He didn't, Yazid went to war against him because Hussein refused to accept Yazid's ways. I don't know what else you would rather have had him done.

Comment

Working...
                                X