Iran vs Uzbekistan Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
    Guys I was also really impressed with how calm CQ and our coaching staff and players on the bench were unlike the first 2 games. I think this is how it should be moving forward. Our players weren't complaining much on the field either and were fully focused on the game. I think Carlos had prepare them pretty well.
    The calmness is great, it can be pretty hard to be calm though when there is a mob of Mayelikodans with pitchforks waiting for you to make the smallest wrong move.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
      The calmness is great, it can be pretty hard to be calm though when there is a mob of Mayelikodans with pitchforks waiting for you to make the smallest wrong move.
      Correct but with a calm mind you can make better decisions as a player and coach.

Comment

We won because our doodools are tala

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Have to add most of Uzbek threat normally is set pieces and long shots. Our defense deslt with the set pieces and 3 or 4 times they had outside the box shots which we blocked.

Not having Djeparov or Ahmedov in the second half hurt them and made our job easier.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
            Guys I was also really impressed with how calm CQ and our coaching staff and players on the bench were unlike the first 2 games. I think this is how it should be moving forward. Our players weren't complaining much on the field either and were fully focused on the game. I think Carlos had prepare them pretty well.
            I think that the under-reaction (in opposition to overreaction) of the player and bench was due to Ben Williams - CQ did not want to give him any reason to turn on iran. If you notice Shojai was always talking to Williams and even offered him some water which he accepted during the game. That is the beauty of CQ, he learns from mistakes, he know in Asia cup he made a mistake to criticise Williams which came back to bite him. This time he had prepared the players and the bench to stay calm and not overreact on calls. I have not seen one game of TM for 20 years (since I have been watching) where the player and the bench were so calm even when calls went against them. that is why we didn't get any cards in this game as well. Those who doubt that CQ plans for every part of the game and communicates it to the team should take note.

Even at the end when the Bahraini 4th official gave 4 mins extra time when not much time was wasted in the 2nd half, he just asked him once, and said 4 mins, how? not much more fuss.

Well done CQ and well done for the team that executed the plan.

Comment

I cannot rate the players, individually they make mistakes. all of them.
              As a team though, they are super soild defensively.
              Thanks coach!!!!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

The only positive thing Azmoun did today was his pass at 94th minute to Amiri. Other than that he has been very poor in the past 3 games. He could have created another great chance if he would have passed the ball but instead he decided to shoot which was off the target.

Shojaie's crosses are great and I'd prefer him to take the freekicks instead of Hajsafi

Comment

I think we should start using Shojaei in the capacity we used to use khalatbari for. A super sub that can change the pace of the game and give us creativity and attack when we need it, especially late in the game when we are even or (khoda nakone) down a goal.

His stamina is just no longer there for a full 90 like it was 3-4 years ago, and injuries are also a big concern. WE can't afford to lose him by pushing him too hard.

Comment

I don't want to give players individual ratings because i think its a tough number to gauge. However I will say that as a unit they played great. Of course there was some sloppiness here and there, but that is football, you will never have 0 mistakes in a game. First half started out great. Start of second half we got caught on our heels a little bit, then we bounced back and contained the game.

Beiranvand: He didn't have much of a test, but anytime he was called upon to do something, he did his job. Exists were good, starts were good.

Rezaeian: Man.... this was the game I was hoping for from him today. This is exactly how he can and should be playing most games. Defensively he was rock solid, barring one bad tackle late in the game. He was smart in joining the attack, crosses were much better than last 2 games. And of course it looks like the man never gets tired. Even if his man beats him, Rezaeian is fast enough and has enough stamina to win possession of the ball again. I am 100% happy with his game today, looking forward to the same against Korea. If this is Rezaeian without a club game under his belt yet this season, then he will only get better.

Hosseini: What can you say? He did exactly what we all know and love him for. The unsung hero and silent leader of TM, damesh garm X1000. The goal was just a cherry on top.

PAG: No mistakes, strong in the air, smart on the ground. Uzbeks were supposed to be a threat in the air, but Hosseini and PAG had NO problem. Good solid performance from him.

Milad: Had some moments where he looked a bit nervous, but he is still getting a few TM games under his belt. IMO he did his job. Joined attack well, defended tenaciously, and didn't make any alarming errors.

Hajsafi: I love him playing in the position he did today. Definitely more comfortable here than at LB. He has a neat touch, great smarts, and brilliant patience on the ball. Forward passes were good, he was never too hasty. Just a smart footballer. Could have done a bit better on his set pieces today.

Ezzatollahi: He is a teenager, but plays like he is in his mid 20s. Never rattled, always calm on the ball. He just oozes class in the middle of the field, I have no complaints about him today.

Shojaei: Mr. Technique, our captain for today's game. First of all I thought he did great as a captain. He was very lively and engaging with the players all game, talking, instructing, motivating, etc... He handled the Williams situation very well too. As for his game, his passing was good, he looked faster than usual, and he drew us some dangerous fouls. Sure he had some turnovers, but that is expected in his position. With the amount of through balls that he was sending today, it is only logical that he would have more turnovers than a player who is making lateral passes the majority of the time.

Amiri: I actually think he had a good match today. Defensively he was better than usual, and on the attack he was lively, drew some fouls, made some nice passes (eg. the great pass to Taremi which nearly resulted in a 2v1). Wish he would have finished that chance on goal at the end of the game, but overall I can't complain too much.

Taremi: I think people need to understand his role in TM a bit better. His role in TM is much different than in PP. In PP he is the main man, expected to score most of the goals. In TM he is NOT that guy. Re-watch the game, and check out his positioning. He was staying back A LOT in this match, and his defensive duties were performed to a tee IMO. On the attack he had a few unnecessary turnover, but this is something that he can be helped with. He also made a few runs in which he absolutely flew by multiple players using his frame and pace. Taremi did his job pretty well today, so I can't complain about him.

Gucci: Did what he could. Missed what looked like a sitter, but he also worked hard and kept the Uzbek CB's on their toes. Being the CF in a system like this is not glamorous all the time, but he did what you could expect of him.

Overall I am very happy. The great thing about this victory is that we won using our depth. We now know that we can use a guy like Taremi, Amiri, etc... in one game and still have a real chance at 3 pts. And in the next game we can use Ashkan, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Azmoun, etc... and have yet again a realistic chance at 3 points.

Dameshoon garm, dame CQ garm for quietly constructing a team with heart, unity, discipline, and confidence to succeed.

Comment

Iran is playing most organized football of it's history. Period!

the only disappointment for me was Sardar Azmoun. not so much his over all play, but that one decision not to pass the ball to a wide open Amiri and instead do what he did with that chance. there is no excuse for that. he deserves a zero for that. this is not the first time i have noticed him not willing to give up the ball. Amiri was WIDE open. and he saw him. such decisions are a telling story about his state of mind. success of the team has to come first. not sure his success has not gotten to his head.

and for those who are putting Taremi and Amiri down, you need to go watch Futsal.

Comment

Beiranvand - 7

Rezaeian - 7
                        Hosseini - 8
                        Pouraliganji - 6
                        Mohammadi - 6

Hajsafi - 5
                        Ezzatollahi - 6
                        Shojaei - 7
                        Taremi -6
                        Amiri - 5

Ghoochannejhad - 4

Comment

Beiranvand looked very secure in goal, no real challenges for him but everything he dealt with, he did so convincingly.

Rezaeian had his best game for TM. Great work horse down the right with exceptional strength and stamina, and his crosses were better than before and he played a more smart game.
                          For the third WCQ in a row, our CBs were absolutely flawless. Outstanding performance by Pouraliganji and especially match-winner Hosseini, Uzbeks did not create a single chance.
                          Mohammadi was better than he was vs China and okay overall. Still looks nervous and had some unnecessary turnovers with sloppy play, but confidence will come with more playing time so I'm not worried.

Ezatollahi controlled the midfield very well, cleaning up and distributing. Hajsafi also worked hard and did a good job.
                          Shojaei was absolute class, knows how to control the game and always has an eye to unlock the opposing defense. Not to mention his beautiful assist too. MOTM.
                          I think Taremi and Amiri's roles were misunderstood. They were deployed by CQ because of their work ethic and drive to wear out Uzbeks wing-backs and contain them. Taremi had a tough job assigned with taming Denisov, but I thought he did an admirable job. Amiri also ran himself into the ground and I thought he was also fantastic for us.

Ghooch didn't have much service and could have done better with that chance, but he worked hard and played smart.

Comment

What we have all been waiting for --> the goal with arab commentary

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              What we have all been waiting for --> the goal with arab commentary

Massood Sheggaeei.....Montakhel el Iraniiiiiiiiiii!!!

Comment

I am glad that Iran revealed the true level of our team. Now I hope serious reforms of Uzbekistan football will be carried out. I think not only the coach but also the head of the Federation will be fired. Thanks Iran for a clean and honorable play.

Comment

Working...
                                X