CQ apology Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    That is a draw. For all official results - the result at the end of full time is what is registered. The same for betting.
    Fifa rankings log that as a draw.
    really?
    weird, IMHO its a loss and i cannot see it otherwise, just because it was through penalties doesn't change the result ; at the end Iraq went through and our players flew back....
    But as you state; it is the official FIFA standard, so its just my opinion ; )
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      ....we "fluked" into qualification in 2006? Hm, interesting. The way I remember it, we qualified with a game in hand and treated our last game against Japan as zangeh-tafri. Agree with the rest of your post though.
      We were a centimetre away from losing in the first round were it not for the (at the time described on this site as...) "non-iranian" Vahid Hashemian coming back and getting us through....

Comment

I don't want to hype anyone up because the dangers of bot-parasti have been seen time and again in iranian football, but CQ's transformation of this team speaks for itself (getting the diaspora into iranian football, teaching the team discipline for the first time ever).
        There is always room for criticism, I remember the brangoh days when he was untouchable by some people even when we were playing awful football and he refused to remove Mirzapour or sub Daei (and brought back the dreaded Khatibi), and the development of the young players (Mobali, Jabbari, Borhani etc...) was stifled instead of being encourages. So I fully encourage people to criticise CQ because however much he has improved things, there is always room for improvement. And our goal should be the second round of WC2018.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          We were a centimetre away from losing in the first round were it not for the (at the time described on this site as...) "non-iranian" Vahid Hashemian coming back and getting us through....
          that's right. that was one of my all-time happiest team melli moments. what a nerve-wracking game in Doha.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
            1 question ; why is everybody speaking of a 29 games in a row without lost? What happened to our loss against Iraq in the AC game?
            Easy it never happened loool. Also we lost to Sweden, Bosnia, Argentina, Albania and Oman just from the top of
            My mind. Overall we haven't lost much and have a great record but it's strange how People just pick and choose which matches count as a loss, but every win counts as a win friendly losses don't count but the wins do... AC, doesn't count either apparently Lool.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
              Easy it never happened loool. Also we lost to Sweden, Bosnia, Argentina, Albania and Oman just from the top of
              My mind. Overall we haven't lost much and have a great record but it's strange how People just pick and choose which matches count as a loss, but every win counts as a win friendly losses don't count but the wins do... AC, doesn't count either apparently Lool.
              I don't have an answer for you but I think it's not counting friendlies or tournaments. Also it says lost to Asian teams and I think it is counting after the Oman game. So the Iraq one is the only one being ignored and I guess it's because it was in a tournament and also not a loss in the 120 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                Take it up with fifa, betting sites, and the rest of the footballing world bro.

To all intents and purposes, a draw at the end of normal time is considered a draw for ranking purposes.

Comment

Working...
                X