U-17 World Cup 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
    If clubs in Europe really support the “Respect” project of UEFA “Allahyar Sayyad’s name” won’t be an issue. And tbh there was no need to think like he won’t be picked up by a European club because of his name.
    Tons of Muhammad's, Abdullahs etc. in Europe. This is a non issue, or should not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      Tons of Muhammad's, Abdullahs etc. in Europe. This is a non issue, or should not be.
      for the record his name is Allahyar Sayyadmanesh, maybe we should change the thread title

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        for the record his name is Allahyar Sayyadmanesh, maybe we should change the thread title
        If we were to put in the full name of every Iranian player - we won't have enough characters in the thread title lol

He goes by "Sayyad" in the back of his jersey, and it works.

Comment

I have no issue with his name. I was just explaining what psg meant when he said its too bad that is his name.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          lets not make shit up folks. Most players in european academies are north african or subsaharan african, many of them have Islamic first names.

Comment

honestly his name makes him even more intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
              There is NO Persia. It is Iran. Not IRI, but Iran.

Comment

The last two teams join the other six teams
                Ghana won against Niger
                Brazil won against Honduras

Let the big eight start.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I'm sure the coach will approach the Spain game with more emphasis on mental preparation of the kids than anything else.
                  Given our history and past performances in major competitions, it would be wise to work on a balanced mindset. The sweet spot would be between being in awe if the famous opponents and getting too c0cky after thrashing a tournament favorite by 4 goals.

We have traditionally shown to exhibit both the above extremes. We either get paralyzed by the occasion and in awe of the more illustrious opponents that chain our legs, preventing us to perform at our potential ... or have gotten so c0cky & overconfident to lose focus and play recklessly and eventually pay for it.

Getting to that sweet middle spot would be easier with the more mature individuals. But youngsters? That's a big task and Chamanian Has his job cut out for him.

And yet, THESE are the occasions big coaches prove their mettle and worth.
                  If he pulls this off, I would definitely like to see him graduate with the lads to the next age group. And who knows, with more good performances, why shouldn't we have a vatani TM coach?

Comment

Interesting video looking at our previous U17 sides, who made it to TM etc...

Comment

Either way I will only be convinced on the greatness of this team if they beat Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post

Thanks for sharing. The other day i was looking what happend to these players of 2009 and 2013.
                        BUT i also compared it to other nations and its normal!
                        I have friend who played for Austrian National Team u17 u19 and u21 and are not even in football bussines anymore.

There are things u cant calculate. We have a big problem with old players in Iran. We keep them and they dont stop playing. So young players need more time to get the spots. These older players have a lot of power and can sometimes also change the coach.
                        Other things are that some players have good body and in the league their body is not special.

I would be happy of 3 of this players make it tl the "top"
                        sigpic

Comment

The report is wrong about Amir Mohammad Mazloom. He played for Malavan, Saipa , then Sarbazi/Moghavemat.Unfortunately He got mixed up with Substance....

Comment

Yes, there is a lot room for improvement in our case but it's very normal at that age that some of the players quit football / don't progress as expected. This happens everywhere. The comparision with the Belgium U17 team is not fair at all in my opinion. They are comparing a list from a newspaper with our selection that participated in the World Cup. If you want to have a fair comparision, compare it with the Belgium U17 team that participated in the 2007 World Cup.

- Benteke and Hazard - playing in the Premier League
                            - 1 player playing in the top division of Belgium
                            - 5 players playing in the second division of Belgium
                            - 1 player in the third division of Germany
                            - 12 players from the squad no info available on wiki - either forgotten, quit football or playing on amature club

Comment

Yeah anyways, regardless of how good this U17 is, maybe 4-5 at most will at least become established players in PGL, and among these players I would be happy if 3 of them eventually later on make it to TM senior and Europe.

We can obviously be looking at the likes of Shariati, Delfi, Sharifi, Allahyar, but who knows it's still way way too early to predict such things

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                                The report is wrong about Amir Mohammad Mazloom. He played for Malavan, Saipa , then Sarbazi/Moghavemat.Unfortunately He got mixed up with Substance....
                                Wow! I was just actually thinking about him today. He was the striker with the Ezzatollahi squad that tied Argentina. That's really sad to hear. Wasn't a big fan of his play in that World Cup but man, so sad to hear what has happened to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X