No announcement yet.

U-17 World Cup 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very scrappy 1st half but the boys really pulled themselves together for a hard fought very decent 2nd half.

Namdari, man of the match for me hands down and congrats for a new record in U17 World Cup for us... 3 goals scored in a single match.

A two goal margin victory also ties us for the best performance so far in a WC match - the other instant was a 2-0 victory against Gambia in the first match in 2009.

P.S. It was nice that Chamanyan does not bark non-stop instructions at the boys which was the case in our last WC appearance.
    Last edited by Bi-honar; 10-07-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

Namdari, man of the match for me hands down and congrats for a new record in U17 World Cup for us... 3 goals scored in a single match.

A two goal margin victory also ties us for the best performance so far in a WC match - the other instant was a 2-0 victory against Gambia in the first match in 2009.

P.S. It was nice that Chamanyan does not bark non-stop instructions at the boys which was the case in our last WC appearance.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...nts.&p=2439462

Comment

Taha plays at another level.
        - All cut off plays in the back its him
        - Pushes forward whenever he can.
        - Finds open targets on quick free kicks
        - First to all balls in the air.
        He has all the potentials be our centre back legionnaire that we truly lack.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Given fatigue, injury, cramp etc., the boys must go for a win against Germany. We all know how drained an Iran team is in the third game of a tournament and Costa Rica is no Push Over.

2 games between now and Friday is a tall call for any team and by the look of it I'm not sure how much depth this team has on the bench?
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

IRAN.............................................. .................................................. .............Guinea

ATTEMPTS

23 ATTEMPTS 17
            6 ON-TARGET 7
            8 OFF-TARGET 7
            9 BLOCKED 3

DISCIPLINARY

16 FOULS COMMITTED 14
            1 YELLOW CARDS 2
            0 SECOND YELLOW CARD AND RED CARD 0
            0 RED CARDS 1

ATTACKING

7 CORNERS 5
            0 OFFSIDES 1
            15 FREE KICKS 16
            5 SAVES 3

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
              Taha plays at another level.
              - All cut off plays in the back its him
              - Pushes forward whenever he can.
              - Finds open targets on quick free kicks
              - First to all balls in the air.
              He has all the potentials be our centre back legionnaire that we truly lack.
              I agree. He is and has always been the real star in this team with great potentials to pay in a European team. A Solid defender with a good head and a good physique.

Comment

Last edited by St_Mark; 10-07-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by golffan View Post
                  I agree. He is and has always been the real star in this team with great potentials to pay in a European team. A Solid defender with a good head and a good physique.
                  true
                  havent seen a whole lot of this kid, but his game and solid presence in the backline is the sorts that EU scouts get impressed by the most..!!

Comment

With all the comments about front players selfishness, I don't see it that way. It's for the manager to put the fear of God into the players and get them to play team. Any lack of that or encouraging them to go solo for that matter, we Iranians being Iranian want to take all the glory.

Do you remember when Ezatolahi took a shot outside the 18 yards instead of passing the ball, CQ went so mad and hit the water bottle against the ground. You wouldn't see the boy do that again.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Comment

Goals:

Video: https://twitter.com/FootballPersian/...10989374115840

Comment

The usual Iranian team:
                          Iranian Coaching F+++++
                          Players individuals talents great

Cheghadr bad bazi mikonan....Khabam Bord

Comment

Be nazare man nazm dar khate defaie miyaneh khoob nabood, do se bar dar nimeye avval dar in fazaa Guinea chandta mogheiyat khobi be dast avord ke natonestan golzani konan.

Paskaarie team hich bood va takravie ziyaad va bimanteghi poshte sare ham dide mishod.

Delfi bayaad dar zamin mimond chera ke dar nimeye dovvom ba khastegie baazikonhaaye Guinea mitonest khate defaie Guinea raa zire feshaare biyaare.

Be har haal, in bord baraye roohiyeye bacheha sad dar sad khoobe.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Iranian players must be more careful and do not take crap shouts. Yes, they could have scored goals which could help them in the final.

I am HAPPY Team-e Melli won. One tie may be enough to go to knock stage.

I am glad Iran is present. This is a great experience for our players. Overall, today was a good day.
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                                With all the comments about front players selfishness, I don't see it that way. It's for the manager to put the fear of God into the players and get them to play team. Any lack of that or encouraging them to go solo for that matter, we Iranians being Iranian want to take all the glory.

Do you remember when Ezatolahi took a shot outside the 18 yards instead of passing the ball, CQ went so mad and hit the water bottle against the ground. You wouldn't see the boy do that again.
                                well some of that khorgy and takravis are to be expected as someone else noted earlier due to their age group..! many of these boys are going through puberty with testosterones running high and its hard to keep them grounded and focused on the big picture...! but your right still, our boys went waaay overboard with takravi and khoregy ro ham kheyli shooresh karde boodan ..! had they been punished and scored on, in 1st half, by the wasteful Genea , they probably woulda had to abandon their defensive/counter attacking posture early and likely couldnt have recovered and woulda succumbed to a defeat..!
                                apparently our coach is renowned for his calm demeanor and khosakhlaghi !!?which could be a good thing at times but he needs to be strict with his tactical demands to get the best out of our boys and make them play much more organized and together as a team if we are to live up to our potential in this tourney..!!

if he suggested and sold the such team play and unity ideas as a best means for them to get proper notice by Scouts then he might see some results on that front..!! as of now, it seems most of our squad thinks that they have to pull a ronaldo and messi type solo runs to get such attentions..!!? even our first goal in this match was a pure display of khoreghy...!!

yet, i think our coach's chosen Overall defensive and Counter attacking tactics (considering the tough/ sharji playing weather)along with some decent subs in 2nd half helped us most in winning the game today.
                                i think the germans will teach them a tough lesson in disciplined football next if they dont get on the same page together and play as a team again in next game..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X