Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz to leave Iran after the World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Queiroz to leave Iran after the World Cup?

Some Iranian websites state that CQ will end his Team Melli coach career after the world cup. However. according to ISNA he said "My activity in Iran will continue until after the World Cup", which is a bit ambiguous to me.

I hope he will stay with us to get the continental trophy after >40 years.

Either way his legacy will remain with Team Melli for a long Time. Arguably the best coach of our History.

Thank you for all you've done so far for our nation.

http://isna.ir/news/95082416653/کی-ر...-تیم-ملی

he will retire from football all together after the asian cup and buy a beach house and settle down in shomale iran.

Comment

It would be irrational for him to stop after the World Cup as it is followed by the Asian Cup shortly after.

I would say that it all depends on the results achieved in this tournaments. I think successful spells will make him stay long time afterwards.

He will become the "Alex Ferguson" of Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
        It would be irrational for him to stop after the World Cup as it is followed by the Asian Cup shortly after.

I would say that it all depends on the results achieved in this tournaments. I think successful spells will make him stay long time afterwards.

He will become the "Alex Ferguson" of Iran
        I doubt it! He's been with TM (with all the problems around it) until after the WC2014! He decided to stay for 1 more WC! After that, even if we qualify to the second round of the WC, any sane person would stop while on top and take another challenge or lucrative offer! You can not stay in one place for ever!

Comment

there are 3 scenario if iran go world cup
          1. if iran pass the group stage, he might get big european offers
          2. extend contract till 2019 asian cup
          3. retire all together

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            I doubt it! He's been with TM (with all the problems around it) until after the WC2014! He decided to stay for 1 more WC! After that, even if we qualify to the second round of the WC, any sane person would stop while on top and take another challenge or lucrative offer! You can not stay in one place for ever!
            Any other coach would do that. However CQ is different!

Despite all the problems and perpetual enemies/controversies he has stayed and fought, whereas all other coaches would leave Iran. Any other coach (even Iranian) could not care less about facilities, recreational centre for TM and even socks and shirts for TM.

Most of the time it has been CQ vs everyone in the manegement of Iranian football. CQ has fought like crazy and won every time. He seems to have a special bond with the players which I have never seen with a prior coach. He appears more like a father figure than a coach.

It is more than football. Thats why I think that he will stay.

Comment

If Iran makes it to the world cup, he has made history and his work in Iran is done.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
                If Iran makes it to the world cup, he has made history and his work in Iran is done.
                true and if he can bring iran to the last 16, then is even more impressive

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  true and if he can bring iran to the last 16, then is even more impressive
                  It all depends on the draw once we qualify. first we need to think about Syria
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

King Q will make us advance from the group stage in Russia, win the Asian Cup, and have a statue of haim raised in Tehran

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
                      Any other coach would do that. However CQ is different!

Despite all the problems and perpetual enemies/controversies he has stayed and fought, whereas all other coaches would leave Iran. Any other coach (even Iranian) could not care less about facilities, recreational centre for TM and even socks and shirts for TM.

Most of the time it has been CQ vs everyone in the manegement of Iranian football. CQ has fought like crazy and won every time. He seems to have a special bond with the players which I have never seen with a prior coach. He appears more like a father figure than a coach.

It is more than football. Thats why I think that he will stay.
                      I think that's more like a dream than reality! As you say he's fought with everyone and keeps doing it for the sake of TM! He's not very young anymore. He can not continue living away from home for ever, let alone fighting with everyone around him at the same time! At some point he's going to want to return to his Portugal and live a normal life! Consider the WC 2018 the last event he's with TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        and have a statue of haim raised in Tehran
                        Yeah right!!! Not even Khomeini, they made a statue of! You think people in Iran's regime will allow a statue of CQ?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Yeah right!!! Not even Khomeini, they made a statue of! You think people in Iran's regime will allow a statue of CQ?!!
                          People will build it themselves, how long it will stand is another question 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            King Q will make us advance from the group stage in Russia, win the Asian Cup, and have a statue of haim raised in Tehran
                            honeslty all good coaches have a statue, in korea, gus hiddik have a honary korean citizenship and all taxis he go for free, i even believe food is free for him there. CQ has done alot for tm football, alot of the mafia bazi has gone when he came, he brought displine , order and profesionalism to players, and club coaches dont like him because honestly players in club prefer to be coached under him instead of thier coaches, iran has gone close to 3 years without losing to any asian team, when was the last iranian coach who did that, he took us to one world cup and now hopedully 2, when was the last iranian coach who took us to world cup is before the recolution. we are getting good friendlies, sweden, ivory coast hopefully chile, is because CQ has made us a strong team. I believe before we had better players, like 98,2006, but we didnt had a good coaching stuff, like 2006 ali daei should not have gone, cq didnt take rahmati and even azmoun, which he could have, but felt was not ready. made our defense stronger. I strongly believe at least in the IRIFF there should be a statue of him, or at least name a square or road after him, he has done alot for iranian football, i would say clearly more than any other coach ever before

Comment

CQ is saying that he will stay with Iran until the World Cup is over, then he will decide whether he wants to stay until the Asian Cup or not.

But he will definitely quit after the Asian Cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X