2017 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    He missed a few chances, but nothing that any other player wouldn't miss. It's amazing, he is probably one of the most criticized player in the history of Iranian football, he scores a hat trick to send Persepolis to the next round yet people still find a way to hate on him.

Yes he misses chances, but you don't score 24 goals in 33 games, and lead the league and champions league in scoring, if you are not an exceptional player. He is undoubtably one of the best strikers playing in Asia right now.
    Big ups to him and well done for scoring a hat-trick, I am very happy about that and proud.

But just because he is a great player and performed well in this game does not make him exempt from criticism, particularly for something which is a glaring weakness in his game. I also completely disagree with the "fifa" term ZJoon referred to, the poor decision making and the very simple chances he manages to squander in some games (particularly TM games) is very disappointing.

And Just to clarify I always come to his defense and praise his game when he plays for TM as I recognize the huge amount of work he does and advantage he gives us with his off-ball play, so I am far from one of his big critics and haters.

Comment

It's the best moment for Taremi to move to Europe considering his impressive goal scoring tally.

Comment

Anyone has the live streaming link from the AFC hub for the matches today ?
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

http://www.sportingvideo.org/2017050...3-1684113.html

http://www.sportingvideo.org/2017050...0-1683975.html

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
            Big ups to him and well done for scoring a hat-trick, I am very happy about that and proud.

But just because he is a great player and performed well in this game does not make him exempt from criticism, particularly for something which is a glaring weakness in his game. I also completely disagree with the "fifa" term ZJoon referred to, the poor decision making and the very simple chances he manages to squander in some games (particularly TM games) is very disappointing.

And Just to clarify I always come to his defense and praise his game when he plays for TM as I recognize the huge amount of work he does and advantage he gives us with his off-ball play, so I am far from one of his big critics and haters.
            If you watch the whole game you see he was better in this particular match but still he was a little selfish. I think he lost 4 opportunities in entire match which is a lot less than other matches. In two particular stances he could pass the ball to Amiri, and he could score goal very easy but Taremi decided to not to and wasted the opportunities. I liked his second goal.

Another reason why Taremi scores too many goals is that Soroush, Mosalman, Rezaian, Alipour and Amiri are feeding him up front. Which Iranian team has that fire power in PGPL other than Persepolis? Put Kaveh Rezai up front and he scores the same amount as well. Taremi is a good runner and has good physical fitness but the goal ratio is still horrible. He was good against Al Wahda but if he can stay consistent then we can call him reliable.

Comment

Esteghlal's line-up today:

مهدی رحمتی، پادوانی، رابسون، هرائر مگویان، خسرو حیدری، امید نورافکن، امید ابراهیمی، فرشید اسماعیلی، علی قربانی، جابر انصاری و کاوه رضایی

Rahmati - Padovani - Rabson - M'goyan - Heydari - Nourafkan - Ebrahimi - Esmaeli - Ghorbani - Ansari - Rezaei
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

^ Do you know why Barzay is not in line up? Rouzbeh Cheshmi and Behnam Barzay are my favorite SS players.
                Last edited by PersianLegion; 05-09-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                  ^ Do you why Barzay is not in line up? Rouzbeh Cheshmi and Behnam Barzay are my favorite SS players.
                  I guess since Jaber Ansari returned from injury Mansourian had to make a choice and since Ansari has been in decent form lately I guess that's why he's the one starting. Personally I would go for Barzay though.

He (Barzay) usually does get a decent amount of playing time though when he's not starting. I'm sure he will get some today as well.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

What is the tie break in case of equal points in ACL? Head-to-head or Goal difference

Comment

If Mansourian aims for Al Ain, I can see SS sinking along the way. He should go for a win in this match.

Comment

Lekhwiya are 2-0 up vs Al Fateh

Esteghlal Kh are through even if they lose the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          What is the tie break in case of equal points in ACL? Head-to-head or Goal difference
                          Head to head. Esteghlal Khoozestan has the advantage, so they only need a draw to advance. Esteghlal Tehran leads 3-0, so als long as they do not lose by more than 3 goals they will also advance.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

lol Lekhwiya 3-0 Al Fateh

Comment

2017 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                              I guess since Jaber Ansari returned from injury Mansourian had to make a choice and since Ansari has been in decent form lately I guess that's why he's the one starting. Personally I would go for Barzay though.

He (Barzay) usually does get a decent amount of playing time though when he's not starting. I'm sure he will get some today as well.
                              Jaber Ansari has been one of SS's best players these last 2 seasons from what I've seen, Barzay mostly started playing often because him and Mohsen Karimi were injured.

Otherwise I would say that Jaber is less flashy than Barzay, but way more effective usually. Although Barzay has had a fairly good season this year

He just put SS up 1-0 vs Taawon

Comment

Esteghlal Khuzestan just got scored on. They are not very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X