Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Re-check in football FINALLYYYYYYYYYY .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Re-check in football FINALLYYYYYYYYYY .....

Finally we see Video Check used in football. It's high time. At least many injustices would be prevented through this.
    Hopefully it will take root and get widespread

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1379947...ال-(عکس)

The next issue is they've started to allow 4th subbing in EXTRA TIME, in a major competition (youth tournament or MLS cup. Cant remember)
    This also is another step in the right direction

TWO extremely good news for football, if fifa accepts them as norm and implements them.

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Finally we see Video Check used in football. It's high time. At least many injustices would be prevented through this.
    Hopefully it will take root and get widespread

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1379947...ال-(عکس)

The next issue is they've started to allow 4th subbing in EXTRA TIME, in a major competition (youth tournament or MLS cup. Cant remember)
    This also is another step in the right direction

TWO extremely good news for football, if fifa accepts them as norm and implements them.
    Can you tell me how the video check will work precisely? I'm a referee myself so I'm a bit curious (and wary it might start taking ref jobs or something).

Comment

looks like the ref stopped the game, went to the area with the monitor and with the help of a specific official in charge of the monitor, decided on the penalty

it's all there in the picture. it's on the sidelines and he took about 44 seconds to arrive at the conclusion.

I'm sure with more repetition and use, this time span can be drastically reduced

but better serve JUSTICE and FAIRNESS and waste a minute, than allow an injustice and bad decision to carry on just so we dont waste a minute

Comment

in Cricket, since it's been more than a decade since its introduction, this takes far less time to decide.
        there are a couple of umpires sitting in the media room and the moment the pitch umpire asks for the video review (by signaling a square shape) and they review the incident through several monitors, from several angles, in slo mo

imminently possible to implement in football

Comment

If there is goal line technology no need video check plus video check is stupid sport need to made by himans not computer games you let the technology do the work then the video check take 5 min and kill of all the buzz of the game football is all about desicions and contrevesy if you make the game mechanical then it's like a robot game also with video technology every discion will be challenged with technology hence having a referee become meangless

Comment

Haha video check, worst nightmare of arab-FC!

Comment

Great decision specially for Iran. If this technology was in place since the beginning we would have won at least 2 more Asian cups and possibly caused one of the biggest upsets in world cup history.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                I understand the video check but how is 4th subbing a good news for football? It will just make the game easier! Not tougher!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  I understand the video check but how is 4th subbing a good news for football? It will just make the game easier! Not tougher!
                  If an injury occurs to a goalkeeper in extra time. Dont you want to sub a goalie in?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                    If an injury occurs to a goalkeeper in extra time. Dont you want to sub a goalie in?
                    Yes but only for the goalkeeper! Unfortunately I can see this rule could widely be used to kill time instead!

Comment

I absolutely hate it. I think bringing more clarity and fairness into the game is a good thing but they need to work on shortening the duration between the incident and the call.
                      This looks like an opportunity for American broadcasting to put advertising in between. Especially if something like this happens multiple times a game, it will slow the game down far too much.
                      The reason why Goal line technology is so successful its because it takes almost no time to make the right decision. Instead of having the ref running like across the field just to look at the video,
                      it would be much better if he would be able to communicate with another ref that is watching the reply. But even that it would affect the game because people forget that what can happen even in 10-20 seconds of football.
                      Just look at the game yesterday between Everton- Arsenal at the dying minutes. https://my.mixtape.moe/qmxzqp.mp4
                      It was end to end stuff. Just imagine if the ref would have blown the whistle on that Alexis challenge to view the reply. It would have clearly ruined the opportunity for Everton on that counter attack.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                        I absolutely hate it. I think bringing more clarity and fairness into the game is a good thing but they need to work on shortening the duration between the incident and the call.
                        This looks like an opportunity for American broadcasting to put advertising in between. Especially if something like this happens multiple times a game, it will slow the game down far too much.
                        The reason why Goal line technology is so successful its because it takes almost no time to make the right decision. Instead of having the ref running like across the field just to look at the video,
                        it would be much better if he would be able to communicate with another ref that is watching the reply. But even that it would affect the game because people forget that what can happen even in 10-20 seconds of football.
                        Just look at the game yesterday between Everton- Arsenal at the dying minutes. https://my.mixtape.moe/qmxzqp.mp4
                        It was end to end stuff. Just imagine if the ref would have blown the whistle on that Alexis challenge to view the reply. It would have clearly ruined the opportunity for Everton on that counter attack.
                        It only took 44 seconds. Sometimes players cause more delays when referees don't call a penalty, so a quick video check about a suspicious offside or a potential penalty isn't going to kill the game.

Comment

if a game have 5-6 44 seconds, will be like 5-6 mins, and with advantages and all that it wont happen, then it will be just video replay and football will get boaring and become basketball, stop every few min

Comment

I don't see why it would be a problem if it was only used for penalty calls

Comment

I think the best way to implement this is give coaches like 2-3 cards they can use to claim a video check for a call they didn't like. If they were right and the ref made a mistake they can get their card back, if the ref's call was right the coach has their card taken away for the rest of the game. I haven't seen a problem with this logic so far...

Comment

Working...
                              X