Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azmoun, Ghoochannejhad, Ansarifard and the one striker system of Carlos Queiroz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's working and we're winning and topping the group. Why changing something that works in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
      I have always said that even when the majority here supported 1 striker. In our history we have always seen the best football when we played 2 strikers.
      The most exciting/attacking football? Sure but definitely not the best football. The best football with the best results to prove it, have been with Carlos Queiroz who only uses one striker.

I know we are all excited at the fact that we have two great, in form strikers and we would love to see them both play but it's suicide to suddenly change the formation completely in a big, difficult match like this.

We've all seen that Qatar doesn't really come out to play football but just likes to waste time and roll around, and park the bus for the entire 90 minutes. These matches have always been difficult for us and we have to admit that we got VERY lucky against Qatar at home. If their keeper didn't gift us that first goal, the match would have ended 0-0.

Now we're facing them away and can't risk opening up at the back. They desperately need a win and might actually be willing to throw a few more bodies into our half occasionally so it's best to stick with the only formation we have constantly used and hit them on the counter or simply create chances when we can hold onto possession.

I think we should start Azmoun and bring in Gucci as the surprise factor, if needed towards the end.

Even starting Gucci wouldn't be a bad idea because he might be able to find little gaps in Qatar's crowded, defensive area. I think Carlos can go either way but he will definitely only start with one of them.

Comment

Lets leave the line up and coaching to the person who is actually qualified to do so for a change and just support TM for a win :-)

Comment

As they say offense wins games; defense wins championships.

Comment

It depends on if Qatar pushes up or not. They need to win to stay alive. I think this Hajsafi Ezzatollahi combo is golden. It takes our team a whole level above what we were last year. We absolutely should rotate strikers. Using a fresh striker against a Chinese defense coming off a game with South Korea and a long flight to Tehran will ease our ability to take a must win game.

Comment

I believe that the competition level is so high because of this lone striker system that you see Azmoun and Reza having a friendly rivalry. It's been seesawing back and forth. Even Ansarifard has been tearing it up. It speaks volumes of their professionalism and in my opinion all thanks to CQ

Comment

I will try this:
                Ramin------Hosseini----PAG---------------mohammadi
                Ezatolahi----------Shojaei--------------´Hajsafi----
                JB-----------------Azmoun--------------Gucci
                4-3-3. Both Azmoun and Gucci are upfront. This team can score many goals if Azmoun and Gucci change place regularly.

Comment

It's good to remember that Gucci can provide very good assists too, and has done so in the past.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

None of them can really be utilised any deeper than as a centre forward so the idea of maintaining 4-2-3-1 and playing them both seems unlikely. Let Reza and Azmoun battle it out for the one starting spot and keep the other as a fantastic option off the bench. And unless Karim improves his finishing immeasurably, don't mention him in the same breath as the other two, a solid third choice and option as 85th minute target man is as much as I expect of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      None of them can really be utilised any deeper than as a centre forward so the idea of maintaining 4-2-3-1 and playing them both seems unlikely. Let Reza and Azmoun battle it out for the one starting spot and keep the other as a fantastic option off the bench. And unless Karim improves his finishing immeasurably, don't mention him in the same breath as the other two, a solid third choice and option as 85th minute target man is as much as I expect of him.
                      I think CQ will use 4-3-1 most of the times but all the times. Like in the last minutes of Iran Qatar when Gucci was brought in as LW. Different combination against different teams. The question is that when we know Gucci and Azmoun are now optimal how can we use them togather.

Comment

Working...
                      X