Clear All

Let's all
    Hope for the fitness and health of dejagah because we all
    Know he's a beast when healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Comparing JB and Ashkan is ridiculous.

1. JB hasn't even reached his full potential yet.
      2. Dejagah has had a successful career winning Bundesliga with Wolfsburg and having a good spell in Fulham
      3. Dejagah played great in Germany U-21 alongside the likes of Ozil, Boatang while JB struggles at times with TM

To conclude, this is too early to say until JB reaches his full potential. Hopefully, once he moves to a new club, we will have a better understanding

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
        Dejagah was only in the squad without any major contribution to the titles you mentioned. Speaking of talent, while dejagah grew up in germany and enjoyed all the benefits from little age, Jahanbakhsh moved to europe as as grown up man. So yes, talentwise AJ > Dejagah in my books. I don't compare them at all just pointing out the obvious.
        Don' get me wrong, i love Ashkan and his passion. Time will tell anyways.
        Are you for real?

- Ashkan played 38 games and scored 4 goals during the 2008/2009 campaign for Wolfsburg. 7/8 games in Europe as well. = Pretty much fixed player in the XI in championship team. Also reason why he's considered a semi-legend coming home.

- In the U-21 group stages he wore #9, started against Spain & England, scored against Finland which secured the win. Without that win they wouldn't have qualified to the final stages. Plus he also started in the semis against Italy. In addition, prior to that he basically started every game in the qualifiers and scored against France as well = Pretty big contribution if you asked me.. so please get ur facts straight before throwing subjective and non-factual statements around.

Comment

wasn't ashkan like 23 when he won u21 champ? please use more reasonable examples, because a young man standing out among boys is not too impressive.

Comment

So we are comparing a fresh 23 years old player on the rise, who grew up in Iran and moved to Europe only 4 years ago.... to a 30 years old player, who grew up in Germany. Makes sense...

JB's performance in TM has been questioned way too much. Yeah, he hasn’t been a superstar - but this doesn’t take away that he hasn’t been an integral part of the team and actually did have an good impact. In fact, Dejagah's performance (apart from 1-2 matches) wasn’t much better, actually worse.

In terms of talent of course JB has the upper hand, how can you even question this? We are talking about TALENT, not success or career. Dejagah is a typical product of German Football and Germany is less about talent, but more about discipline, hard work, and focus. Pretty sure if Dejagah would have been grown up in Iran he wouldn’t even be half of the player he is - because the majority of his skills are the results of professional training, not fully talent. JB on the other side didn’t have the pleasure to enjoy professional environment from day one, but due to his immense talent still managed to move to Europe.

If you put all aspects in one cup, you will see that Alireza Jahanbakhsh is truly the most promising youngster we have. His character, discipline, talent, attitude...you will barley find any weakness compared to our other players. No sosool baazi or stupid social media activity, no hashiye and his interviews are damn professional for his age. Had the pleasure to meet him for few minutes and from that moment he quickly became my favorite rising legend - even if we actually have players more talented than him, it’s just that he has the full package!

Aynway...there is some kind of "Oghde" we have. We are somehow desperately searching for a SUPERSTAR - a face for the team. On paper Dejagah is the closest one and this makes him get away with so many things simply because he used to play in Germany and England. I have seen Dejagah playing worse football than some teammates at TM, but while they get criticized for it Dejagah always remains immune to that for some reasons. Even when he moved to gutter league the blind "nooshe jaan" argument came up, while plenty of players got or would have been roasted in his shoes.
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Ham Ashkan khoobe, ham Alireza. Dameshoon garm
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                Lets end it right here - TM
                Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                  Ofcourse they are both good, but we are trying to see which is better

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                    wasn't ashkan like 23 when he won u21 champ? please use more reasonable examples, because a young man standing out among boys is not too impressive.
                    1. It doesn't have to do with how impressive it is, I was answer the claim that he didn't contribute.
                    2. He was 22, Neuer was the one that had turn 23. Like it really matters, it's based on the year you're born. Dejagah was a key contributer to that team with talent like Khedira & Castro who also were 22 (born 87 though).

With that being said, Dejagah has had a very accomplished career (but could've had a better one given his potential) and Jahanbakhsh is on his way to have the opportunity to reach that and beyond as well. Once again, both key contributers to TM at this particular moment and the future is Alireza's to take. Case closed.

Comment

The comparison of JB to Dejagah is strange because it's a comparison that makes sense because they play the same position in TM but have very different situations. Dejagah peaked at age 25-26 (nobody can deny this - I'm a big fan and in favor of having him start for tm) but JB is a player who has tapped in to about maybe 40-50% of his potential if that. Even dejagh at his prime didn't have the speed or versatility that JB possesss.

I think the claims that Dejagah shouldn't be a part of TM in the immediate future is absolutely absurd - should amiri take his place or should Pahlevan who has no senior cap? Fact is Ashkan is our most experienced midfielder at the moment and he is irreplaceable in his position. It's true he hasn't had contributions and as big as an impact as some players like Gucci or maybe seyed jalal but he has had some moments that have been unmatched - his assist vs SK in azadi in 2012, his performance vs Argentina in Brazil and his ability to create chances for TM when the rest of the team is looking flat is all a testament to his quality.

Honestly, if anyone says he shouldn't be a part of TM in the immediate future all I have to say is that is something that should not just be laughed at but not taken seriously. Again, not saying he is the X factor like some of his huge fans suggest however he is for sure a part of the team that should not be underestimated. If we are 0-0 with Italy in the 70th minute of a WC match I trust him 187x more than I would trust Amiri or any other winger (besides JB) to give TM a boost.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        The comparison of JB to Dejagah is strange because it's a comparison that makes sense because they play the same position in TM but have very different situations. Dejagah peaked at age 25-26 (nobody can deny this - I'm a big fan and in favor of having him start for tm) but JB is a player who has tapped in to about maybe 40-50% of his potential if that. Even dejagh at his prime didn't have the speed or versatility that JB possesss.

I think the claims that Dejagah shouldn't be a part of TM in the immediate future is absolutely absurd - should amiri take his place or should Pahlevan who has no senior cap? Fact is Ashkan is our most experienced midfielder at the moment and he is irreplaceable in his position. It's true he hasn't had contributions and as big as an impact as some players like Gucci or maybe seyed jalal but he has had some moments that have been unmatched - his assist vs SK in azadi in 2012, his performance vs Argentina in Brazil and his ability to create chances for TM when the rest of the team is looking flat is all a testament to his quality.

Honestly, if anyone says he shouldn't be a part of TM in the immediate future all I have to say is that is something that should not just be laughed at but not taken seriously. Again, not saying he is the X factor like some of his huge fans suggest however he is for sure a part of the team that should not be underestimated. If we are 0-0 with Italy in the 70th minute of a WC match I trust him 187x more than I would trust Amiri or any other winger (besides JB) to give TM a boost.
                        Well said.

Comment

Dejagah unfortunately isn't in the squad in Wolfsburg's last match today.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VfLWolfsburg_EN

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

HSV scored in the 88th minute, and Wolfsburg loses 2-1.

Wolfsburg is in the relegation playoff and will play crosstown rival Braunschweig to determine whether they stay in the BL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                              - Ashkan played 38 games and scored 4 goals during the 2008/2009 campaign for Wolfsburg. 7/8 games in Europe as well. = Pretty much fixed player in the XI in championship team. Also reason why he's considered a semi-legend coming home.
                              -
                              Simply not true.
                              In the season you mentioned he was in the squad 29 times out of 34 games.
                              Out of these 29 games he was subbed in 14 (!) times.
                              Out of these 29 games he was only 13 (!) times in the satrting XI.
                              You do the math.
                              Bundesliga contains 34 games not 38 btw
                              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                                Simply not true.
                                In the season you mentioned he was in the squad 29 times out of 34 games.
                                Out of these 29 games he was subbed in 14 (!) times.
                                Out of these 29 games he was only 13 (!) times in the satrting XI.
                                You do the math.
                                Bundesliga contains 34 games not 38 btw
                                I think something went wrong with your calculations..
                                Either 13 or 14 is a typo

Comment

Working...
                                X