• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    Kasola is suspended for the Iran WCQ match on March 23
    Source?

Comment

No-one can deny Rahmati's abilities. Yes, he was and probably still is the best we have. But that was his downfall as well. He thought he was untouchable and that CQ would be coming begging him to return back, but he had the wrong guy in Carlos!

At one point, he could have still apologized and probably could have still made the WC squad, but because of his stubborness he missed out on a WC and an AC!
      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

So why is Barzay not in a mediocre/average European team? This guy looks like he is head and shoulder above the rest of the players.
        Sidenote: great job to EsEs
        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
          So why is Barzay not in a mediocre/average European team? This guy looks like he is head and shoulder above the rest of the players.
          Sidenote: great job to EsEs
          he had an offer from Getafe few years ago according to the media, but Esteghlal wouldn't let him go. I asked him about it and he said the offer was real, and that he wants to play in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            Rahmati is consistently proving his quality after all these years. It would have been interesting having him playing against Bosnia and Iraq.
            i still believe CQ made the right desicion not inviting him

Comment

i agree with you ^

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                i agree with you ^
                i agree with you, agreeing with Ehsan Agha.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                  No-one can deny Rahmati's abilities. Yes, he was and probably still is the best we have. But that was his downfall as well. He thought he was untouchable and that CQ would be coming begging him to return back, but he had the wrong guy in Carlos!

At one point, he could have still apologized and probably could have still made the WC squad, but because of his stubborness he missed out on a WC and an AC!
                  it's the fact that we don't have the egos of players like him and karimi disrupting team mellis team chemistry is partly why I feel we are doing so well as a team now
                  Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Lol @ those overhyping Rahmati. How about the Esteghlal midfield? Especially Ebrahimi and Noorafakan for disrupting play so well that Al Sadd had minimal chances to go forward to really test Rahmati.

Other top current TM keepers would have saved that shitty PK by Kasola. He made it obvious. Obviously it still takes some goalkeeping skills to save that.

Rahmati had a good game for such an experienced keeper. Kudos to him. The first Xavi shot was shot straight at him and the 2nd long range curler was a good height for Rahmati to save. Not low and not high. Also it was on target but no where near the corner.

Good job Rahmati for doing his job to the best of his abilities as any top keeper in IPL has to perform. Let's not forget he has attitude issues and would create hashiye if he was ever benched in TM. So it's good for him to be away from TM. PS: He has had some blunders like last season which keepers of his experience should not have. I won't post videos because I ain't trying to hate and take away anything for this SWEET victory.

Comment

Congratulations to Esteghlal and Esteghlal fans!

You guys deserve it!

Also, congratulations to all Iranians!

It feels so damn good eliminating any team from these countries. 1 Iran vs All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                        he had an offer from Getafe few years ago according to the media, but Esteghlal wouldn't let him go. I asked him about it and he said the offer was real, and that he wants to play in Europe.
                        When did you ask him? I feel like if he really wanted to go to Europe he would have included a clause in his contract similar to what guys like Torabi or Hahsafi have done that would allow him to make a European move. Apparently he has a really poor attitude too from people who I know and trust that have trained with him so that always turned me off sorta. His skill is really impressive though he's a real talent

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                        Lol @ those overhyping Rahmati. How about the Esteghlal midfield? Especially Ebrahimi and Noorafakan for disrupting play so well that Al Sadd had minimal chances to go forward to really test Rahmati.

Other top current TM keepers would have saved that shitty PK by Kasola. He made it obvious. Obviously it still takes some goalkeeping skills to save that.

Rahmati had a good game for such an experienced keeper. Kudos to him. The first Xavi shot was shot straight at him and the 2nd long range curler was a good height for Rahmati to save. Not low and not high. Also it was on target but no where near the corner.

Good job Rahmati for doing his job to the best of his abilities as any top keeper in IPL has to perform. Let's not forget he has attitude issues and would create hashiye if he was ever benched in TM. So it's good for him to be away from TM. PS: He has had some blunders like last season which keepers of his experience should not have. I won't post videos because I ain't trying to hate and take away anything for this SWEET victory.
                        Agreed for the most part....some of these comments are huge exaggerations. Rahmati has one really good game and everyone praises him as if he didn't hit a slump and almost even lost his starting spot this year to Hosseini. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's even a question that he is the most talented keeper we have had since Abedzadeh but he has always had his weaknesses coming off his line and dealing with set pieces. I also don't think we have anyone with his reflexes either but goalkeeping is much more than that. That being said, he is a good keeper still but it'll take more of these kind of performances to prove that he is more than just good ATM bc if we look at his last 2-3 years he wasn't all that great. Actually his one year in Peykan was pretty impressive but that's the only real noteworthy season in his last 3-4 years.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Rahmati deserves to be among 3 best keepers of TM, there is no doubt about his ability on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            When did you ask him? I feel like if he really wanted to go to Europe he would have included a clause in his contract similar to what guys like Torabi or Hahsafi have done that would allow him to make a European move. Apparently he has a really poor attitude too from people who I know and trust that have trained with him so that always turned me off sorta. His skill is really impressive though he's a real talent

Agreed for the most part....some of these comments are huge exaggerations. Rahmati has one really good game and everyone praises him as if he didn't hit a slump and almost even lost his starting spot this year to Hosseini. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's even a question that he is the most talented keeper we have had since Abedzadeh but he has always had his weaknesses coming off his line and dealing with set pieces. I also don't think we have anyone with his reflexes either but goalkeeping is much more than that. That being said, he is a good keeper still but it'll take more of these kind of performances to prove that he is more than just good ATM bc if we look at his last 2-3 years he wasn't all that great. Actually his one year in Peykan was pretty impressive but that's the only real noteworthy season in his last 3-4 years.
                            He is the first choice Goalkeeper. Mansourian likes to swap goalkeepers, so this says nothing about Rahmatis performances at SS. Remember Beiranvand at Naft?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              He's only 23, he can still move to Europe hopefully.

Btw his agent has lots of players in Russia and Ukraine, so maybe the RPL is an option for Barzay.

Comment

I watched the highlights... glad that Esteghlal qualified, but poor finishing by their forwards. Need far better display by a major club that is going to play at the continental level. They should have won 2 - 0 in regulation time given the home field advantage!
                                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                                X