Starting XI prediction for tuesday's match against China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omids View Post
    I thought i read that CQ has hinted there woulb be 3 changes to starting line up and not 5 as you have above.

Also we keep reading that CQ is a defensive minded coach but can we see as his confidence in our defensive players has grown he is starting to have more offensive players in the team. Who could imagine we would have 3 forwards playing at the same time away from iran as we did in qatar? Sardar, karim & taremi all playing, backed up by hajsafi & jahanbaksh. That is a real change of gear for our team.
    sorry, been busy and havent quiet kept up with all the TM news this past couple of days..! it aint like CQ to signal any hint about his possible starting line up, unless he intends to further confuse the opponent with those comments..!!
    but your right too, ultimately he is a Defensive minded and Result Oriented coach and as suggested, probably its far fetched to see more than 3 changes to the last game starters from him...!!? for an attacker, Taremi brings too much defensive hustle n presence, so i have a feeling he may retain his spot ahead of Shojaie whom at this stage is far more of an impact offensive sub..! the other suggested starter of mine who's most on the bubble of not making the starting line-up, is Gucci probably...? good chance of seeing Sardar getting the nod again up-top, as i feel for this game we gonna be going back to more of our wing attack mode and back to sending hopeful high balls and Sardar would fit those tactics best..!

imo, for this game, more than physicality, we need Pace On the Wings to counter China's strengths...!
    Rezaiean will most likely be back to RB to bolster the RW attack...! Ghafoori offered very little to attack and even defensively seemed still a bit rusty and got beat way too many times to warrant another surprise start ahead of Rezaeian.
    Hossaini change in CB is a must for me..! he may have lost a step or 2, but his Defensive Organization/leadership and High Ball & set-piece Clearances are still Top Notch...! besides, ive noticed Chinese getting quiet a few vital goals from set pieces of late ..! and Montazeri was too slow to organize the D and mark up opponents in our box last game. almost cost us a goal or two if Gutteris coulda served up a little more accurate quick set-piece and crosses ..! Jalaal will have plenty of pace besides him in backline to help him against quick counters. the only thing Montazeri offers over Hossaini is a far superior link up play and distribution from the back and may be a bit more pace..!

also, Karim performed quiet admirably as a wing attacker so there is a slight chance he may retain his spot ahead of Amiri..!? but feel karim has been playing way too much of late for club and could use the rest in this game.

ps
    im not a fan of Haj Safi's game but he is again likely to retain his spot due to lack of Polished competition in LM..!

Comment

^ ha ha ha too late, nevermind my last post then..!!
      fell asleep middle of writing that last night ..!

Comment

Sardar, Hajsafi, Ansarifard OUT
        Gucci, Ebrahimi, Masoud IN

Comment

back to 4-2-3-1
          Bei
          Ghafoori--Pej--PAG--MiMo
          -----Saeed--Omid
          ARJ---Massud---Taremi
          ---GUUUUUUCI--

omid n saeed could change spots..! , so could and probably would throughout the game ARJ n Taremi

Comment

Working...
          X