No announcement yet.

Asian WCQs Group A vs Group B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it has more to do with the fact that team meli is head and shoulders above everyone else. They are currently playing so well that it is making the rest of our competition in group A look extra bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
      I think it has more to do with the fact that team meli is head and shoulders above everyone else. They are currently playing so well that it is making the rest of our competition in group A look extra bad.
      agreee, but our group is not weak, syria is strong, while group B have weaker team

Comment

On paper and if you go with names the other group is more difficult and we all were glad that we were not in the other group at the offset. However, with games played and only 4 games remaining i would say that our group has been harder and you have 4 teams still competing and even the bottom 3 still can vie for 3rd. If we look at the bottom 3 teams in both groups. I think qatar, syria and china are stronger than iraq, uae and thailand.

Having said that i do think we would have had still a harder time in the other group as historically we do not do too well against many of those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          With all due respect, what do you expect from this team? While they had their previous coach we draw with them in China 0-0. That 98 team demolished China 4-2 in Beijing. Certainly our result won't be similar to our 4-1 victory in Azadi in 1998. I predict at best 2-0 for us. I am sure they play a very defensive style against us because that is the only time we struggle to score even against weak teams.
          Yes, the 1998 team demolished China in Beijing, but then it went on to losing against a crappy Qatar and after losing to Japan in the intergroup playoff, lucked out against Aussies.

That's the thing with that team under MK. They played a non-structured, emotional game, depended on the individual flashes of brilliance. That's why they could beat SK 6-2 but then not perform against much weaker competition.

Today's TM plays an amazingly disciplined game, does not depend on one or two stars, and performs consistently (but not spectacularly). It plays a tactical team game. Players provide cover for each other, they fight for 90 minutes (sometimes 120 minutes), and tactically dominate their opponents. I take today's team over the 98 team anyday.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            Yes, the 1998 team demolished China in Beijing, but then it went on to losing against a crappy Qatar and after losing to Japan in the intergroup playoff, lucked out against Aussies.
            That's the thing with that team under MK. They played a non-structured, emotional game, depended on the individual flashes of brilliance. That's why they could beat SK 6-2 but then not perform against much weaker competition.
            Today's TM plays an amazingly disciplined game, does not depend on one or two stars, and performs consistently (but not spectacularly). It plays a tactical team game. Players provide cover for each other, they fight for 90 minutes (sometimes 120 minutes), and tactically dominate their opponents. I take today's team over the 98 team anyday.
            If you value organization, having a solid harmonic team and defensive aspect our current team wins hands down. If you value technical and physical prowess and beautiful flow of an all out attacking team with high conversion ratio then that 1998-2001 team wins. I really appreciate CQ's contribution to our team but I prefer the latter team. The only thing we needed to address was organizing our defense and play as a solid bloc. Our goal conversion ratio and meaningful shot on target plus creativity is very low in our current team. If we add Sorush Rafie, Mohsen Musalman or any creative play maker remotely similar to Ali Karimi you can see our team double its fire power and goal ratio.
            Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-27-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
              If you value organization, having a solid harmonic team and defensive aspect our current team wins hands down. If you value technical and physical prowess and beautiful flow of an all out attacking team with high conversion ratio then that 1998-2001 team wins. I really appreciate CQ's contribution to our team but I prefer the latter team. The only thing we needed to address was organizing our defense and play as a solid bloc. Our goal conversion ratio and meaningful shot on target plus creativity is very low in our current team. If we add Sorush Rafie, Mohsen Musalman or any creative player maker remotely similar to Ali Karimi you can see our team double its fire power and goal ratio.
              Do you rather qualify for the WC or ride the emotional roller coaster we were part of for the 1998 WC? I don't think my heart could handle another WC campaign like the 1998 one, and I am not saying that in an emotional point of view, I am saying that I probably would end up having a heart attack this day and age.

Comment

Working...
              X