Is this the breakthrough for Taremi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the breakthrough for Taremi?

Not a fan of creating separated threads, but in order to spread his name lets discuss this one here:

With Mehdi Taremi scoring crucial goals in the Asian Champions League for Perspolis and now in the World Cup Qualifiers for Iran - his name is finally up on the international stage as well. This should surely attract some scout!

The thing about Taremi is that he isn’t even in Top form. I have seen 90% of all Perspolis games and can say he is only half of what he used to be last season. As many expected, apart from few delusional experts, Taremi's performance dropped by staying another year in Iran - nothing new, happened to hundreds of other players before him.

Thankfully due to having the 2 best playmaker of Iran behind him, Rafie & Moslaman, he gets dozen of chances with eventually Taremi scoring at least one and reaching for the Top scorer award. This helped him to stay alive in TM and CQ still believing in him - which paid off.

Some people made fun of me when I rated Taremi more talented (not better) than likes of Azmoun, so I am very happy he is showing glimpses of his true quality. This is only Taremi's 3rd year playing in PGL - but he managed to conquer the league in a heartbeat: quickly becoming a key player of the biggest club in Iran and being praised by everyone. When I was in Iran Taremi was one of the very very few players even hardcore biased SS or anti-Perspolis fans showed respect to.

Remember how Karim Ansarifard was doing fine, but struggled with Perspolis and TM? And see how much he improved after moving to Europe. Now imagine what can happen to a player like Taremi,who is even more talented.

Those who criticize Taremi are totally right! Despite his 2 winning goals, some of his moves, passes and decisions have been very sloppy and annoying. Before someone calls me biased let me also say that I have bashed Taremi a lot this season. Thankfully though in the last 6 or 7 matches he has upped his game a bit...but still FAR away from his true potential.

These 2 goals will help him to keep the haters away from him now. We just love to destroy the confidence of players...From the current squad: We have done this to Ansarifard, Shojaei, Rezaeian...last WCQ we even attacked our captain Nekounam! But all of them ended up being valuable soldiers for TM. Please criticize, but let’s not get over ourselves. Taremi indeed is not fully convincing, but keep nonsense like he has no potential/talent or is not TM material away - because that’s far from the truth.

https://vimeo.com/210459961
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Working...
X