No announcement yet.

is this iran golden age of football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO this is not the Golden Age, its just CQ teaching us the basics of playing football with organization. I hope he stays around for a long time because after he leaves things will go to shit.

Comment

I would rate the 90s and 1965-75 as the best generations talent wise. They would have achieved more with a guy like Quieroz in charge.
      Too bad Ivic was only given 2 months.

Comment

I think our golden age was when we had Ali Karimi, Ali Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Zandi etc.
        so between 2004-2006.

With CQ the first time professionalism, organization and disciplin comes to iranian football.
        But i also think that we have the greatest talents in asia right now but not as good as our squad
        in 2005. Still we can achieve even more with this Team since we drop out the Egos like Rahmati, Aghili and so on.

I just hope that our young talents become more mature with time. I am afraid how often we had good counterattacks
        which end up in bad decisions and wasted chances. Taremi, specially Azmoun and Ezatollahi has to develop mentally ( not that they have low iq or mental
        illness but they are somehow childish on the pitch and offside the pitch).

I have great hopes that we can surprise the world this time. We have know two WCQ matches that we
        can see as friendlies (nevertheless we should defeat korea for prestige and as a revange and Syria for their dirty dirty way of playing)
        and the friendly against Russia in Octobre. If manage 7-8 more friendlies like that we will be in perfect shape for WC.

Comment

CQ with our 06' could have been our Golden Age. With the right leadership that would have been one hell of a team. Same thing happened with Argentina in 2010 with Maradona as a horrible manager.

I believe this is definitely the best TEAM we have had. We might have had better individual talents in the past but didn't use the pieces correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
            This is without a doubt the golden generation. Back to back WC qualifications was unheard of in our history until yesterday. No other generation achieved this.
            Also, the level of dominance we had this time around is not anything another TM generation could claim. zero goals conceded through 8 games? That is unreal. It becomes even more impressive when you consider the fact that in these 8 games our opposition had maybe a handful of good chances. It is truly remarkable.
            Finally, we won a lot of 1-0 games which at first glance doesn't seem like we were overpowering our opponents but in reality in all those 1-0 wins we were dominant and our opposition had no chance.
            Spot on. I don't think Korea in Tehran, China in Tehran or Uzbekistan in Tashkent managed a single shot on goal!

Our 98 team, for example, would routinely lose to third-rate opponents. It would play to the level of its opposition.

Our 2002 (3-1 loss in Manama) and 2006 teams (e.g. 1-0 loss to Jordan, going down 2-0 against Qatar in Doha to come back to win 3-2) were similar - they had poor consistency.
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I think you have to wait until after Asian Cup and Wirld Cup to make a just comparison.
              If they do well in those competitions they should be known as the golden Generation.

You have to realize that more than half of the main players can be around until 2022.

Comment

is this iran golden age of football?

We only have to get 1 win in the WC to match our golden generation of '98.

Let's not forget that in the 12 matches Team Melli have played in the WC, we have only recorded the single win (v USA).

Comment

Working...
                X