Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoU with Japan - a new alliance forming against the Arab bloc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoU with Japan - a new alliance forming against the Arab bloc?

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...understanding/
    I noticed the article on the front page mentioning our MoU with Japan.
    Reading between the lines, it appears to me that Japan, Iran, Korea and China recognise the need to wrest control of the AFC back from the Arabs. I suppose there will be some informal voting alliances for key positions and key decisions.
    Inconsequential teams like Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia etc are dominating the AFC, and we've seen the results of this corruption on virtually every occasion Iranian teams play against other continental teams, for club or country.
    This is a positive development, and I have long advocated for this. We should convince Uzbekistan (and even 'lesser' footballing countries like Tajikistan, Afghanistan etc) to accede to our voting bloc, though I suspect any of their key officials would be susceptible to Arab money. I suspect the Chinese will also seek to 'influence' these countries more and more...
    Is anyone aware of any analyses or articles regarding how AFC members typically vote?
    Last edited by RaginG Inferno; 06-15-2017, 03:01 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

I welcome such Bi-lateral MOU with countries you had mentioned. A word of caution is that such MOUs should not be interpreted against any group; otherwise it will backfire. IFF should be forward looking in its soft diplomacy and ties to the football federations with the countries you mentioned and reap the benefits when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
      http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...understanding/
      I noticed the article on the front page mentioning our MoU with Japan.

Reading between the lines, it appears to me that Japan, Iran, Korea and China recognise the need to wrest control of the AFC back from the Arabs. I suppose there will be some informal voting alliances for key positions and key decisions.

Inconsequential teams like Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia etc are dominating the AFC, and we've seen the results of this corruption on virtually every occasion Iranian teams play against other continental teams, for club or country.

This is a positive development, and I have long advocated for this. We should convince Uzbekistan (and even 'lesser' footballing countries like Tajikistan, Afghanistan etc) to accede to our voting bloc, though I suspect any of their key officials would be susceptible to Arab money. I suspect the Chinese will also seek to 'influence' these countries more and more...

Is anyone aware of any analyses or articles regarding how AFC members typically vote?
      Currentelly the AFC has 22 members in AFC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE,the most important members among them, are AFC President, Five AFC Vice-Presidents and Six FIFA COUNCIL MEMBERS,

AFC PRESIDENT AND FIFA VICE PRESIDENT
      Salman bin Ebrahim- Bahrain

AFC VICE PRESIDENTS
      Praful Patel - India - South Asia
      Winston Lee Boon Aun - Singapore - ASEAN
      Ali Kafashian Naeini - Iran - Central Asia
      Saoud Al-Mohannadi - Qatar - West Asia
      Chung Mong Gyu - Korea Republic - East Asia also a FIFA COUNCIL MEMBERS

FIFA COUNCIL MEMBERS

Abdullah Sultan Ahmad - Malaysia - ASEAN
      Kohzo Tashima - Japan - East Asia
      Zhang Jian - China PR - East Asia
      Mariano V. Araneta Jr. - Philippines - ASEAN
      Mahfuza Akhter Kiron - Bangladesh - ASEAN
      I am Tigersandys
      Forza Guo'an
      加油!国安队!

Comment

^That list doesn't seem be Arab related at all. The only thing is that the head is Arab.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
          ^That list doesn't seem be Arab related at all. The only thing is that the head is Arab.
          They pick all the employees though. They're basically pawns and yes-men/women.

Iran and Japan will continue to have no reps in AFC unless they're willing to bribe and cheat into positions like the PGCC countries.

Comment

Working...
          X