This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
    Debate/argument lesson. The strawman = taking a false statement that is obviously incorrect and arguing against it. How many here, including myself said Sardar should be crossed off? Literally just said we’re in trouble if he starts and CQ May play it safe by not starting him if his bad form continues going into WC.

Don’t twist the argument please. I expect better than such immature argument methods from some of you. Argue my point, is he in form? If not, how will that change before Russia to make him more reliable in front of goal as he was 1 year ago? Other than our hopes and dreams, of course.
    I wasn’t even a part of your argument. Unless I’m illogical for saying this, but as someone who has watched and played football for many years I think I have just a tad bit of knowledge to whether or not comment on a player like Sardar who is struggling. I was just using my common sense brother. My post wasn’t targeted at you either.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Afat jan, where did I mention your name in my post?
      You didn’t mention me personally, but as a person who is advocating my opinion right before you responded, i feel it is unfair to simplify what I and others are arguing in such a way. I am arguing against points many are making, like Sardar’s recent TM goals with facts and examples, and I would hope that what I and others are arguing is so unfairly simplified.

I’ve only seen a couple of people over so many pages dismissing Sardar and jumping to exclude him from TM. There are many making valid points, and I still honestly haven’t had someone give me facts other than Sardar is 23, form can change, and he scored for TM recently.

Nobody acknowledges his regression as a player since June for club and country, lethargic play and missing opportunities he used to score just last season, and what rationally we can look forward to being the impetus for him reversing his bad form and mentally weak play.

If someone can tell me why I should be hopeful with facts, I am receptive. Forcing me to be happy because it makes others uncomfortable just isn’t enough. Maybe raising these facts can make a difference to our team where CQ won’t be forced to put in a popular, but out-of-form striker to repeat history like Ali Daei in 2006.

Maybe if there was more pressure to play an in-form player despite the warning signs, we could have done better. I am not comparing Daei and Sardar as they’re obviously different ages, but the point stands that a popular, but out-of-form player in the World Cup can be bad. Let’s acknowledge this just in the chance he is still missing easy chances and playing lethargically in June 2018. Better to bring up the question now to prepare ourselves instead of making squad decisions 6 months in advance.

Some of you here haven’t even stated a situation where Sardar wouldn’t be the starter. Seriously, how bad would things have to be for him to be a sub against Morocco. Why such resistance to a possibility? If he continues in this form, why should he start? Past accomplishments entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        You didn’t mention me personally, but as a person who is advocating my opinion right before you responded, i feel it is unfair to simplify what I and others are arguing in such a way. I am arguing against points many are making, like Sardar’s recent TM goals with facts and examples, and I would hope that what I and others are arguing is so unfairly simplified.

I’ve only seen a couple of people over so many pages dismissing Sardar and jumping to exclude him from TM. There are many making valid points, and I still honestly haven’t had someone give me facts other than Sardar is 23, form can change, and he scored for TM recently.

Nobody acknowledges his regression as a player since June for club and country, lethargic play and missing opportunities he used to score just last season, and what rationally we can look forward to being the impetus for him reversing his bad form and mentally weak play.

If someone can tell me why I should be hopeful with facts, I am receptive. Forcing me to be happy because it makes others uncomfortable just isn’t enough. Maybe raising these facts can make a difference to our team where CQ won’t be forced to put in a popular, but out-of-form striker to repeat history like Ali Daei in 2006.

Maybe if there was more pressure to play an in-form player despite the warning signs, we could have done better. I am not comparing Daei and Sardar as they’re obviously different ages, but the point stands that a popular, but out-of-form player in the World Cup can be bad. Let’s acknowledge this just in the chance he is still missing easy chances and playing lethargically in June 2018. Better to bring up the question now to prepare ourselves instead of making squad decisions 6 months in advance.

Some of you here haven’t even stated a situation where Sardar wouldn’t be the starter. Seriously, how bad would things have to be for him to be a sub against Morocco. Why such resistance to a possibility? If he continues in this form, why should he start? Past accomplishments entirely?
        I don’t think he should start, I’m also with you on Sardar sitting on the bench until he comes back and regains his form. I don’t think his past accomplishments define him as a player and I’m completely aware of his decline in form at club and at country. But we also have to consider and acknowledge that players of higher caliber than Azmoun have had horrible first half seasons and then climbed back up. It has happened before believe it or not.

What I’m saying is that we should wait and see. You shouldn’t be forced to be happy and if it makes others uncomfortable then that’s their problem. I’m not uncomfortable with what you say but I disagree with you on a few points. I always try to use my knowledge first and be realistic (like yourself). But in the end I’m always optimistic despite the circumstance.

If you took offense to me posting this then I apologize. I see why you would, and I didn’t mean to target you specifically and be disrespectful towards you. I also don’t disagree with you at all on a lot of what you say here. My opinion is just slightly different than yours that’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
          I don’t think he should start, I’m also with you on Sardar sitting on the bench until he comes back and regains his form. I don’t think his past accomplishments define him as a player and I’m completely aware of his decline in form at club and at country. But we also have to consider and acknowledge that players of higher caliber than Azmoun have had horrible first half seasons and then climbed back up. It has happened before believe it or not.

What I’m saying is that we should wait and see. You shouldn’t be forced to be happy and if it makes others uncomfortable then that’s their problem. I’m not uncomfortable with what you say but I disagree with you on a few points. I always try to use my knowledge first and be realistic (like yourself). But in the end I’m always optimistic despite the circumstance.

If you took offense to me posting this then I apologize. I see why you would, and I didn’t mean to target you specifically and be disrespectful towards you. I also don’t disagree with you at all on a lot of what you say here. My opinion is just slightly different than yours that’s all.
          Thanks man, I didn’t take offense, I just thought the argument style wasn’t helpful. I really don’t think many want Sardar fully exuded, but it seems that the argument has shifted away from the real issues that we agree on. Many won’t admit Sardar is currently out of form, which is the whole point. I personally 100% want him to be back in the team at his best just like you.

Playing at Rubin hasn’t done that for him the first half of the season due to lack of quality support. I’m just afraid now that they are ridding themselves of their only talent that Sardar could be in an even worse club situation, harming his psychological approach even more. He’s totally capable of being a game changer in the WC, but there are warning signs that scare me about whether he can get out of his funk. He had such a partnership with Poloz at Rostov and clicked so well that he was coming to TM and playing with the same poise.

I see that he looks lethargic and less able and note that being a reflection of his sadness with his poor club situation and people get very upset. My only question is whether his mental approach to the game will change between now and the World Cup, and I’m surprised how so many are so confident. Is the Rubin Kazan scenario as a club make you confident in Sardar becoming confident and comfortable again in front of goal?

If Sardar has a goal drought on Lazio, or another quality team, I’d say it’s growing pains. The problem is Sardar’s bad form is not a result of chance or bad luck, it’s that he is in a bad team and being in such a situation really is damaging, even to great players.

When Ronaldo is mentally ready to pick it up again, you can bet that he has quality teammates to help get him there? Who does Sardar have to give him the right passes and opportunities to break out of his funk? TM friendlies alone? I don’t think that’s enough.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Sardar's attitude and personality, he's a typical bache soosool and I could easily bash him but lets be real, all the people taking the piss out of him now and saying he isn't that good should really see the bigger picture here.

The guys head is clearly somewhere else for obvious reasons and all the headlines during the summer about a transfer and then ending up staying shithole country and team would make anyone feel the same. We will never know the reasons behind why he stayed but with the way things are looking, I have no doubt some dodgy stuff happened behind the scenes.

Comment

This thread has nothing useful, I don’t know why I keep opening it

The same points repeated over and over again, Azmoun is driving all of us nuts

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                This thread has nothing useful, I don’t know why I keep opening it

The same points repeated over and over again, Azmoun is driving all of us nuts
                Agreed, this thread is pissing me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                  Agreed, this thread is pissing me off.
                  Haha I totally agreee... He is turning us against each other....its all because we love the guy but we want our mother to kotak him with her lenge kafsh.....lol

Comment

You guys think Sardar reads the posts on this forum?

Comment

Sardar dooset darim. Make a smart career move please.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

every couple of weeks I visit this thread to see if our hostage-boy has been released .... or given some water & food to stay alive in Unca Berdy's house.
                        Soooo.... he's still held captive, I see!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          every couple of weeks I visit this thread to see if our hostage-boy has been released .... or given some water & food to stay alive in Unca Berdy's house.
                          Soooo.... he's still held captive, I see!
                          Mishe parandeh bashi , ama raha nabashi
                          They said

PSYCHOPATH
                          https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                            You guys think Sardar reads the posts on this forum?
                            im fairly certain of it..!!

he spends more than half of everyday infront of his phone or computer ....!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              im fairly certain of it..!!

he spends more than half of everyday infront of his phone or computer ....!
                              Haha yes instead of training

Comment

"Everton chief Farhad Moshiri tried to sign Rubin Kazan's Sardar Azmoun, according to Kurban Berdyev

Berdyev was cited as saying: "The Everton owner came to me and tried to negotiate a transfer.

Azmoun, dubbed 'the Iranian Messi', a comparison he isn't overly fond of, was the subject of "crazy interest" during the summer according to his manager Berdyev, who believes the clamour over his services affected his performances for Rubin during the first part of the current campaign.

The 23-year-old Iran international's father was apparently contacted by Arsenal and Celtic, but Berdyev revealed that Everton chief Moshiri contracted him personally in order to try and pry his compatriot away from the Kazan Arena, where he scored once in 19 appearances for The Kamni this season.

"There was huge, crazy interest in Azmoun in the summer," Berdyev was quoted as saying by the Daily Record. "Top clubs called us and his father – Arsenal and Celtic. The Everton owner came on to me and tried to negotiate a transfer. Azmoun has millions of fans and gets incredible attention, he could not cope with his load.

"After a good season with Rostov, it all turned his head – but he has passed through that now. He is back to himself."

Everton were linked with a whole host of forwards during the summer transfer window as they sought a replacement for the outgoing Romelu Lukaku, but it took them until January to eventually secure the Belgian's successor.

Cenk Tosun arrived from Turkish outfit Besiktas in a deal worth around £25m, while Spanish forward Sandro Ramirez, who arrived in the summer from Malaga, has endured a miserable time at Goodison Park and is angling for a move away from Merseyside already.

It remains to be seen whether Moshiri reignites his interest in Azmoun, who was courted by Everton's close rivals Liverpool not so long ago, in the summer, but the former Arsenal shareholder will not - and perhaps should not - have a much of a say in recruitment if PSV director of football Marcel Brands comes in to aid the much-maligned Steve Walsh; the Toffees are in talks with the Dutchman over a position that would see him tasked with improving the club's global scouting network."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/everton-chi...erdyev-1656708

Comment

Working...
                                X