X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sardar = Kebab Koobeh

You might ask why? Let me explain.
    Ask any foreigner about Persian dish, even the mid-westerners they will say Kebab. Most of them might be able to remember the one they ate and describe it to you "Kebab Koobeh". Most of the members here will start salivating at the sight of Kebab Koobeh as did their fathers and mothers before them. Kebab Koobeh is the signature dish of Iran (one of the famous ones). Now...imagine if somehow the recipe and technique for Kebab Koobeh gets lost. How are you going to replace a cheap/easy to eat/make Iranian dish famous again? Gormehsabzi? Fesengoon? Nah they look like dung and foreigners like aesthetics.

Now, Sardar is the most "decorated" media wise player we have in our arsenal. Like Kebab Koobeh he is not the best...but he is well known and gets the job done. Just think of our current TM without a prolific/Talented player like Sardar. Something seems off to me if that happens.
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
      Sardar = Kebab Koobeh

You might ask why? Let me explain.
      Ask any foreigner about Persian dish, even the mid-westerners they will say Kebab. Most of them might be able to remember the one they ate and describe it to you "Kebab Koobeh". Most of the members here will start salivating at the sight of Kebab Koobeh as did their fathers and mothers before them. Kebab Koobeh is the signature dish of Iran (one of the famous ones). Now...imagine if somehow the recipe and technique for Kebab Koobeh gets lost. How are you going to replace a cheap/easy to eat/make Iranian dish famous again? Gormehsabzi? Fesengoon? Nah they look like dung and foreigners like aesthetics.

Now, Sardar is the most "decorated" media wise player we have in our arsenal. Like Kebab Koobeh he is not the best...but he is well known and gets the job done. Just think of our current TM without a prolific/Talented player like Sardar. Something seems off to me if that happens.
      Have you ever left Kabab Koobedeh left overs in the car on a sunny day?
      How about the burps after kabab koobedeh?
      Kabab koobedeh is great once in a blue moon not everyday. I would prefer a player that is more like noon-panir va chai sheereen. something consistent. someone I can always rely on.
      "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
        Have you ever left Kabab Koobedeh left overs in the car on a sunny day?
        How about the burps after kabab koobedeh?
        Kabab koobedeh is great once in a blue moon not everyday. I would prefer a player that is more like noon-panir va chai sheereen. something consistent. someone I can always rely on.
        28 games and 23 goals is more consistent than any other forward we have LOL. You are making him out to be inconsistent but he is our most consistent player. What are you talking about?

Comment

i didnt see the last game.. but
          obviously, he hasnt yet blended-in with his new teammates and gotten in sync and fluid with Kazan's team tactics ..!
          off course it didnt help that the usual complications with his transfer to Rubin from Rostov, along with uncertainty about a possible transfer to Lazio, kept him sidelined during much of pre-season tranining with Rubin too.!

besides as others mentioned he also has a (unsatisfactory) history of being a streaky goal-getter at club level anyhow..!!
          i think him getting so close to a transfer to Lazio and the move falling through last minute, has been heavy on his mind too..! along with struggling with frequent small injuries and failing to produce the goods and living up to his hype at Kazan....!
          like Birdiyev said a lot of his scoring issues are mental and stress related...!!

in case youve all forgotten, Sardar was all for the transfer to Lazio,all legitimate sources reported that He had met All Personal Terms with Lazio and the move Only failed to materialize because Lazio couldnt reach agreement with Rubin on the Transfer Fee..!! so stop complaining and talking like it was him personally that chose to stay in Rubin in favor of Lazio, which certainly its not true..!! ultimately it really wasnt up to him..!!
          you may rightfully lament him for yet again blindly following his mentor( Berdiyev) to Rubin and signing supposedly a Long Term contract too ??(nobody seem to know for sure how long does his current contract with Rubin run anyways..!!?ive heard, 1, 3 & 5 years ...!!?) but we all know there were a whole bunch of uncorroborated and shady, scandalous shitt going on with those multiple transfers/loans sagas between Rubin & Rostov anyhow..!!
          honestly, i highly doubt his most recent transfer and supposedly a long-term contract signing with Rubin was Completely Arbitrary anyways...!!?? only sardar's reps and Berdiev seem to really be privy to those info..!!

from the 1-2 earlier games i saw of Rubin this season, i really was not impressed with their AMF and L sided Wingers, and the service and support they were providing to the frontline..!! the team isnt yet a finely tuned machine a la old Rostov and it may be a lil while still before Sardar get his first goal and the monkey off his back..!!? hopefully he does that soon, he will proceed to go on his little goal-scoring streak too and start putting on some decent, respectable numbers before the next transfer window...! cause if his current drought continues much longer, he could well get a reputation for "club scoring unreliability" and "inconsistency" and that could greatly damage his future transfer options and god forbid get him stuck in Russia well beyond WC..!

ps
          regardless of his current funk in club-form to question his effectiveness @ TM is a joke and considering his redunclous international scoring record, it doesnt even warrant a response....!!
          i think the fact that 20+ league scoring Gucci Not quiet ideally Fitting our TM tactics and failing to have even half his impact when suiting up at TM, should serves to notice those who think current club-form should only be the guide for TM inclusions..!!
          even the clubless Dejagha has proven otherwise such a fallacy..!!
          unlikely, but Sardar may yet continue to fail to accustom himself to Kazan's team tactics and fail to produce for that club but so long he is consistently playing well for TM and more importantly producing those hard to come-by goals for us, he has every right to be a 1st choice starter ...!
          when you change teams its always very difficult to assimilate and have immediate impact, we should be more patient with Sardar at Kazan as well.... we sure as shitt know by now that he is capable of it..!! for all we know similar faith may await Ghoddos at TM....!!? but even if he fails to have an immediate grand impact, that doesnt take away from his obvious abilities to do so eventually or more probably shortly after...!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            28 games and 23 goals is more consistent than any other forward we have LOL.
            Azmoun's record in TM is incredible but he's also gotten more playing time than any other forward we have!

I remember once upon a time when Gucci was our number 1 forward, he had scored 9 goals in 11 games too, including 7 goals in 7 consecutive games.

Difficult to compare our forwards with each other when they haven't gotten equal minutes of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
              You guys have all gone off the deep end.
              Thank god real scouts are trained to do their jobs with more thought and looking beyond the surface.
              Lol, thanks for the in-depth look at the situation. Tell me how I've gone off the deep end using facts.

Do scouts pay the transfer fee? I know and have always been a proponent that Lazio and other teams obviously want Sardar. Will they pay the fee that the notoriously greedy and stubborn Russian teams demand? Do you believe Rubin will sell him for less or more than 20 million Euro? Do you believe Sardar warrants 20 million Euro based on his achievements?

Yes, there are professional scouts, and I am not disagreeing with them. Sardar is a HIGH potential player. The problem, 5 year contract with a Russian club whose board of directors make decisions, not Sardar, not Berdyev. Also, 20 million is a lot of money for most clubs, even Lazio, Bayer Leverkusen, etc.

These are all facts, but feel free to give another easy 1 sentence response to not have some likes.

I'll do it too: "Guys relax, Sardar will be replacing Suarez and Neymar on Barcelona in 2018!" (ignores reality, gets 20 likes)

It's like a grandma thinking her grandson will be a doctor "when he grows up" when he's 30 and working at an appliance store, tbh. Look at the facts and stop wishfully thinking for the sake of it.

Everyone always cries about why we're always disappointed come every transfer window. Maybe its attitudes like these where we assume everything is going to work out great when every sign in big red letters is telling us its going another way?

Comment

The quality of the goal matters too. For example the strength of opponent team or the circumstances leading to goal matter. For example one of the goals Sardar scored against Syria had very low quality he was there and just pushed the ball in with his chest but the goal he scored vs S.Korea was top quality.

Comment

Sardar will be fine, is just he is not a mature kid which is quite sad for someone at the age of almost 23.

Comment

Sardars main problem (elephant in the room) is that he is rotting in mother russia... His is stagnating there. He has amazing potential as evident in his performance in CL last season (I don't necessarily consider his goal against Asian team that great of a significant considering that the highest goal scorer in AFC qualification Al-Sawahi). He needs a coach that can take his development to the next level. Big Bird is not going to do that.
                    I haven't seen Ghoddos or Kaveh play for TM. Ghoddos will get his chance. I think Kaveh SHOULD also get an invite. Currently, Sardar does not look WC material. Much better players stayed home for underperforming during regular club season: Tevez, Rubino, Kaka, Pato, Khalatbari
                    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Sardars main problem (elephant in the room) is that he is rotting in mother russia... His is stagnating there. He has amazing potential as evident in his performance in CL last season (I don't necessarily consider his goal against Asian team that great of a significant considering that the highest goal scorer in AFC qualification Al-Sawahi). He needs a coach that can take his development to the next level. Big Bird is not going to do that.
                      I haven't seen Ghoddos or Kaveh play for TM. Ghoddos will get his chance. I think Kaveh SHOULD also get an invite. Currently, Sardar does not look WC material. Much better players stayed home for underperforming during regular club season: Tevez, Rubino, Kaka, Pato, Khalatbari
                      We can't meaningfully exclude Sardar when he scores virtually every time he puts on the national team shirt.

Remember Gucci between 13-15? His club situation was poor for a very long period, but as he kept performing for TM, he kept starting.
                      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

let's not forget his situation has been messed up for a few seasons now. First his BFF coach got sacked, then he went to rostov which followed a court case, then went back to Rubin and again more drama about him signing on with them or not and finally the Lazio saga plus the usual transfer speculation he's had for the last few seasons.

I'll be honest, I'm not fond of Azmoun outside of football but he's been through a lot of shit in the last couple of years, regardless of being his fault or not. His head is def not in the right place, give the kid some time to recover!

Comment

Would you want a mid winter transfer if available, that close to WC or would you prefer him to stay put, concentrate on his game and not getting injured?

Comment

Would you want a mid winter transfer if available, that close to WC or would you prefer him to stay put, concentrate on his game and not getting injured?
                            He gets us out of the group stage and to the round of 16, he can play for Darghouz-abad FC if he likes.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                              He gets us out of the group stage and to the round of 16, he can play for Darghouz-abad FC if he likes.
                              I don't agree with you but this was funny as hell

Comment

Be patient guys, it will get better for Sardar.

If his situation does not improve, I'm sure he will make the right decision. He may just be getting molded into the team. It takes some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X