This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Rubin Kazan keeper and legend, Sergey Ryzhikov, on Azmoun:

"the striker, in fact, was close to Lazio during the summer session, but eventually took Rubin of the "mystic" Berdyev: "I did not talk to him , but so many European clubs wanted it. It is true . " There's estimate: "It 'a great talent, a good boy, definitely a good striker. He still needs to grow but he has so much quality, I trust . "

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/russi...inter-e-azmoun

Comment

Although I was and am still a little sad not seeing Sardar in Lazio, I would like to express the positive side of my perspective about Sardar at Rubin Kazan this 2017-18 season:

1) Sardar Azmoun is already acclimated to the Russian style football, their league, the country of Russia.

2) Sardar Azmoun, Saeed Ezatollahi, Milad Mohammadi, Reza Shekari, and Alireza Haghighi have either experienced, are experiencing or will experience the Russian style of football, their league, their language (some of them), and the country of Russia. Some of them are regular starters for Iran. They train and play alongside each other. This is a HUGE plus for our World Cup campaign this Summer and here's where knowledge and experience come in handy for Team Melli:

- It is held in Russia (obviously).
      - There's a chance we may get drawn in Group A with the hosts Russia.
      - High possibility that the majority of names mentioned above make the final cut.
      - Our RPL based players have played in their stadiums, on their pitches, have traveled around in Russia and their overall experience and knowledge will help Carlos Queiroz and our team.

3) Some argue that it was too early for Sardar to make such a "grand" leap to another league, and in another country. They argue that it could have hurt him in many ways which could later be a major contributing factor for possible injuries and or to digression (his form, his mental state). Maybe it was a little miracle in disguise for him. Maybe it wouldn't have turned out better had he moved to Italy. We don't know, so there's that.

4) Team Melli is a unit, they are a great example for an unselfish group of guys who play for one thing and one thing only: Iran. They genuinely perform their best with a high level of chemistry for Iran and Iranians worldwide. That being said, Sardar Azmoun is a different colored fish in the pond. He knows how far he has come and although everyone is treated equally and the same in the national team, he knows he has made big accomplishments which reflect on the status of Iranian football. So by staying in Russia, this could be another source of motivation for him to prove his doubters wrong and push himself while he's feeling the comfort that he is. With his parents visiting him, his good group of friends, his head coach looking after him (both Carlos Queiroz and Fetish Berdyev), and etc. his mental state will not drastically change. Because let's be honest, Sardar is a happy go lucky kind of person (from what we've seen) but even the happiest of people may hit lows.

5) A year is a long time. It's a long time for growth: Both physically and mentally. It's a long enough time to set goals, to critically think and decide for your future. I know I have made decisions where I would look back after 1 year and realize "Wow. What did I do.. " or "I am super thankful I didn't make that decision". There are many examples of footballers who waited another season and they realized that it was the best decision they made for their careers. Of course there have been players who didn't benefit from staying. But the other 4 points I made above are reasons why I am hopeful for Sardar.

Comment

He starts again against Amkar Perm match starts in 1 hour.
        Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Link?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZnfBvh-4w

Comment

God...Azmoun badly needs a break! Only 1 goal may break the bad spell on his scoring.

Comment

What a strike by Azmoun from difficult angle! Saved by keeper

Comment

sardar is actually playing really well...He needs a goal and I think he will explode...

Comment

How hard is it to score a goal?

Comment

What a shitty league. IPL is better in quality. They can't pass 3 times without error.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        How hard is it to score a goal?
                        are you watching the game? The damn Russians pack the box like they are packing a sub.

Comment

What a tackle by Ezzatollahi. Damesh garm!

Comment

poor sardar...looks so depressed. His team is soooo shitty.

Comment

What an unfair result. Rubin dominated the game!!!

For the first time in a long time Azmoun showed glimpses of his old self. He just needs to be lucky with a goal to open future goals up for him.

But all that said...what a game by Ezzatollahi!!! He was awesome in this game!!!

Good to see both finally getting 90 minutes playing time.

Comment

What a shitty game Persepolis vs Sepahan was sooooo much better than that shot show I just watched. Also sardar has regressed immensely it's very sad to see!
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X