This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
    Can someone confirm that Alireza Jahanbakhsh is the first player from Asia (AFC) to win a Golden Boot in Europe? I’m pretty sure he is the first but I’m not 100% sure(?)
    Yes, hes the first.

https://twitter.com/AlirezaAshraf1/s...34550808227840
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...-cant-wait-see

His name could be impossible for many to pronounce properly, but commentators all over the world should beware: Jahanbakhsh is on his way to becoming a major star. The 'Iranian Ronaldo' has just made history by becoming the first Asian top scorer ever in a Western European league, having netted 21 goals for AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie. He was also the third-best assister in Holland with 12, so contributed directly to 33 goals in 33 matches.

Not bad for a winger, and comparisons to Mohamed Salah would be natural – even if Jahanbakhsh is nicknamed after Real Madrid's superstar attacker. He is lightning quick, blessed with supreme dribbling skills and confidence, but also unselfish too. Jahanbakhsh has it all. He's only 24 but has World Cup experience to his name, having taken part in the 2014 tournament as a substitute. Expect him to shine brightly in Russia.

Comment

First Iranian Messi, now Iranian Ronaldo? The foreign media plays a larger role bestowing these misplaced nicknames than the Iranian media does...

Comment

Napoli have an agreement with Bologna for Simone Verdi for 25 million. They’ve got their right winger now. Highly unlikely Alireza goes there now. Inshallah Bundesliga

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
            Napoli have an agreement with Bologna for Simone Verdi for 25 million. They’ve got their right winger now. Highly unlikely Alireza goes there now. Inshallah Bundesliga
            Inshallah Bayern. But I doubt it.

If it’s gonna be Bundesliga I think it’ll either be Hoffenheim or Schalke because Alireza wants to play UCL football.

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
              I am actually happy that he's not going to Napoli. In Napels he would be one of the many players, but in a Bundesliga club he can be the star player.

Alireza himself admitted that he heavily prefers Bundesliga and a consistent mid table side would suit him best. I do hope it is a Europa League side at least because at his age he needs more exposure than only at league level.

Comment

The guy is the top scorer and the third best assister as a winger in the Dutch league!!!! If he was European or South American, teams like Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich were already looking to sign his signature! Now, because of being Iranian, I can see why these clubs are likely not interested but at the very least he must be able to sign for a CL qualified team in the top 4 leagues! Anything less that that would be insulting to his talent and very disappointing!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  First Iranian Messi, now Iranian Ronaldo? The foreign media plays a larger role bestowing these misplaced nicknames than the Iranian media does...
                  Asian Maradona > Iranian Messi and Iranian Ronaldo

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    The guy is the top scorer and the third best assister as a winger in the Dutch league!!!! If he was European or South American, teams like Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich were already looking to sign his signature! Now, because of being Iranian, I can see why these clubs are likely not interested but at the very least he must be able to sign for a CL qualified team in the top 4 leagues! Anything less that that would be insulting to his talent and very disappointing!
                    i feel so sorry for always finding the Iranian excuse...I know its easy I am sure you bring up the same excuse in your personal life but freaking wait until the transfer season is over and he signed with a big club before you start finding excuses already...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                      i feel so sorry for always finding the Iranian excuse...I know its easy I am sure you bring up the same excuse in your personal life but freaking wait until the transfer season is over and he signed with a big club before you start finding excuses already...
                      and it's always someone like you there to say you are a smart a$$, isn't it? My post was directed to people who hope for him to join mediocre clubs. At least read the post to the end before you waste cyber space on ignorant text.

Comment

He's right though. Go read online about Chucky Lozano and you'll see how hyped he is compared to ARJ by Western media.

It doesn't mean ARJ won't go to a good team before the transfer window closes, but honestly he would get more attention if he was Brazilian or Argentinian or even Mexican!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

considering the language and somewhat cultural and living style similarities, and the Fact that Currently BundesLiga is considered one of top 3 leagues, I think he will end up joining a BL side..? unless one of the Top2 Clubs from other EU leagues come knocking ..!
                          if money becomes a bigger i$$ue in his transfer quest, then an English move is more likely ... i think he still has 2 years or more left on his AZ contract and you can bet your ass that they would only favor those offers that kick$ back the mo$t regardless of ARJ's preference for others..!!

if i were his agent, i wouldnt rush a move now and wait till after WC ..!

Comment

Well to be fair we also want him at Leicester (can't lie lol) along with Hakim Ziyech. Initially we wanted to get Jack Grealish but AVFC want 40m for him

So him joining Leicester is the next best thing!

Comment

He's absolutely right though… The typical Iranian excuse is blaming arabs for something that is out of their hands (which is complete BS), but this is actually true.,

Middle Eastern players, whether it be Iranians or Arabs, generally get underrated by the transfer market.

Comment

Both Hoffenheim and Schalke have signed right wingers already, so the likelihood of going to those teams in the Bundesliga is less. Frankfurt will be in Europa league next year and they recently sold their right winger, I think alireza can do better but if it comes to it its better than staying at AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X