This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
    Kiarash jaan, I hear you. I think one major difference this time around is the price tag associated with a top scorer and potential. If he performs very well he would be right in the view of the top 5 in EPL. Unless he does one of those emotional Iranian players fans-affinity and stays in a club like Leicester or Brighton for 3 seasons, given he would perform well, there is no reason why he cannot step up into the top 5.
    I sincerely hope that Brighton and the coach offers Alireza a place to develop. But knowing the pressure of relegation football and the short sightedness of English fans, Alireza will be killed for one bad performance.

All in all, a very tough place to show himself. He would fare way better in a stable attacking side like Villarreal, Lyon, Benfica, or Lazio. These clubs are actually a good fit and suit Jahanbakhsh his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      I fail to see why he should sign for Brighton. He could have taken the offer 3 years ago and he would be in the same situation. I seriously don’t understand why Alireza is going to the same team that he declined before he went to AZ. What’s the difference?

Back then they were Championship contenders and now they are a lower table PL team. For me it sounds like stagnation rather than progression. Another season without EL or CL football will just kill his development and international exposure.

Dissapointing move overall, with all due respect to Brighton and their fans. Not looking forward to a season of relegation football and a side who plays hoof the ball hackster type of football, something JB is totally not made for.

Of the two reported clubs with serious interest, Brighton is the better option. Have a read of my post on the previous page.

You're right, he could have joined the club 3 years ago, when they were in a more precarious position and a league that is hard to get out of. But remember, ARJ was not the player he is today 3 years ago... 3 years later, they've both improved as entities. I'd agree with you if Brighton were still a Championship team.

Also, global viewership figures suggests that a season with ANY premier league club offers far more international exposure than playing for a non-big 5 league (inc Dutch, Russian, etc) club playing Europa League football.

Comment

, Alireza will be killed for one bad performance.
        That's my fear.

On one hand, Brighton is a club which has been on a long-term upwards trajectory, and JB can become a star/cult hero there who ignites them. Chris Hughton is a nice guy who will take him under his wing, and the city itself is great (although I hope he doesn't go there right now because seagulls may drive him crazy)

On the other hand, if they have to play a disciplined, pragmatic game for most of the season in order to get points, JB will of course be part of that because he always likes to "put in a shift". But then his attacking threat will become stunted like it is for TM, and if he puts a foot wrong they might start attacking him. He has only been great for his clubs so far so it may be a new experience for him.

In any case, uncertain territory.

Comment

Can Brighton afford to pay 20 million euros for him?

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
            In those 3 years we’ve been promoted, reached an FA Cup 1/4 final, signed nearly £100,000,000 worth of players and beaten some of the biggest teams in the country. No, you’re right there isn’t a difference at all.
            Last time we tried to sign him we’d finished 20th in the championship. We’ve just finished 15th in the Premier League.
            I’ll take stagnation if it actually means massive leaps forward year on year.
            Can’t wait for us to play more hoofball like this:
            https://youtu.be/N4-ssy7kTyw
            I respect your team but we are talking about a 24 year old winger who already played 2 World Cups for Iran and has been top scorer of the Eredivisie, not even as a striker.

Brighton may have a lot of money, but that doesn't always translates into good performances in the long run. The events you mentioned are just couple of games, including the footage you posted against a relegated Stoke (not so hard to play well against).

For example most Championship teams have more budget than the top Eredivisie teams like Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord. Though I don't think all Championship sides would be a serious opponent for the top 3 Eredivisie sides because they simply lack quality in technical aspect.

If anything, Brighton should be happy that a player of Jahanbakhsh his potential is going to sign for them.

Comment

Guys trust Alireza.

He knows what he is doing. Every single step taken in his career has been a successful one. Mentally he is the most mature legionnaire in our squad.

He has to weigh up all the pros and cons, what does the club is expecting from him and what opportunity he will be given. Besides, he needs to go to somewhere he is trusted and appreciated.

Comment

If anything, Brighton should be happy that a player of Jahanbakhsh his potential is going to sign for them.
                I don't think they are crying over his signing though.

At least in their forum, they are quite excited.

Comment

I respect your team but we are talking about a 24 year old winger who already played 2 World Cups for Iran and has been top scorer of the Eredivisie, not even as a striker.
                  Brighton may have a lot of money, but that doesn't always translates into good performances in the long run. The events you mentioned are just couple of games, including the footage you posted against a relegated Stoke (not so hard to play well against).
                  For example most Championship teams have more budget than the top Eredivisie teams like Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord. Though I don't think all Championship sides would be a serious opponent for the top 3 Eredivisie sides because they simply lack quality in technical aspect.
                  It can be flipped both ways.
                  We’re talking about a 24 year old winger who has never played in a major league, has never played in a European competition like the Europa league and has done next to nothing at two world cups. Alfonso Alvez scored 41 goals in 36 games in the Dutch league, came to England and flopped. Do you see how easy it is to twist things to fit your own agenda?
                  You are welcome to think we’re a hoofball team who lack any technical ability, that’s fine. But I’m also allowed to think you’re talking absolute shit.

*Id just like to point out I’m not saying he’s a bad player, just trying to balance out what’s being said about him to show how easy it is to suit your argument with selective reasoning.

Comment

It can be flipped both ways.
                    We’re talking about a 24 year old winger who has never played in a major league, has never played in a European competition like the Europa league and has done next to nothing at two world cups. Alfonso Alvez scored 41 goals in 36 games in the Dutch league, came to England and flopped. Do you see how easy it is to twist things to fit your own agenda?
                    You are welcome to think we’re a hoofball team who lack any technical ability, that’s fine. But I’m also allowed to think you’re talking absolute shit.
                    *Id just like to point out I’m not saying he’s a bad player, just trying to balance out what’s being said about him to show how easy it is to suit your argument with selective reasoning.
                    Your statement is not accurate.

He has played 12matches in Europa league and scored one goal! He also has the World cup and Asian Cup experience.

https://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers...ile/index.html

Comment

I would be disappointed to see after all of this Alireza going to Brighton. They will be fighting for relegation. Definitely not a team you would want to join. I just don’t see him fitting in that scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                        Your statement is not accurate.
                        He has played 12matches in Europa league and scored one goal! He also has the World cup and Asian Cup experience.
                        https://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers...ile/index.html

My bad, meant to say no Champions League. And I was making the point that whilst he’s played at World Cups, it’s fair to say he didn’t particularly stand out. He hasn’t had a big breakout moment yet.

Comment

Maybe because you were playing Championship football quite recently and just ended 7 points above the relegation zone in last season's Premier League.

I think the vast majority would say that Brighton are the less technically gifted side who rely on defending, team work and counters.

Comment

Maybe because you were playing Championship football quite recently and just ended 7 points above the relegation zone in last season's Premier League.

I think the vast majority would say that Brighton are the less technically gifted side who rely on defending, team work and counters.
                            Less technically gifted than who?
                            Why are technical ability and counter attacking mutually exclusive?

We finished 7 points of relegation, and 4 points off finishing in the top half. So what?

Comment

in my dream last night, he went to Brighton.
                              sigpic

Comment

You guys are being a bit harsh. I take JB at Brighton over JB in the Eredivisie any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X