Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: South Korea - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (31.08.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
    Hope you are right. do you have any pictures o the two fields? i like to see the Korean practice field . Koreans should realize that Tehran is sitting at high elevation with low humidity and Korea sits at sea level with humidity of 80 to 90 percent most of the time and it gets a lot o rain so the grass can grow more easily in korea and stay green more easily. Besides from a country that held world cup beore it is expeted more than a country that did not even get money on time from FIFA or being in the world cup
    I think Koreans for some reason assume TM is practicing in state-of-the-art facilities. They don't understand we can barely get legitimate kits that fit and don't shrink. We are a nation of decades of international sanctions. Iranians are known for our hospitality, and if we could, we would provide better accommodations.

They harp on this so much, yet no other teams seem to. I think their expectations are just too high. They are used to these things, and thankfully CQ is pushing for these proper facilities. It's strange that they don't recognize this. I think they do, but choose to harp on it because it provides them an excuse for losing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      I found this one video

Wow CQ has aged so much in the past 5 years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
        Fun (sad fact for South Korea) fact, one of the strikers invited by South Korea for their match against us, the 38 year old, Lee Dong-Gook scored the winning golden goal against us in their 2-1 victory back in the qurater final of the 2000 Asian Cup.

They invited a guy who played in the same era of Ali Daei and Bagheri and Azizi. They must be really desperate
        yea
        he has a decent domestic scoring record but Primarily him and 29 yo Kim Shin Wook have been called up due to their towering size 6'2" & 6' 5" respectively ..! Suggesting only one thing, they are going to be resorting primarily on Wing N Crossing and trying to get a goal from set pieces delivered to these guys in the box..! Hence a big reason why Hossaini was brought in to better deal with such aerial threats and organizing our otherwise young and relatively inexperienced D line..!
        SK's usual and preferred attacking method of quick short passing has failed misrably to produce any notable result of late against our whole team defending and with high pressing lines(especially so during the last game @ Azadi where they failed to even penetrate our 18yard box except for maybe once or twice.?)

Koreans feel desperate for win not only to revive their WCQ hopes but also to restore their pride and confidence after loosing 4 straight against us, but if they press their luck too much offensively( which im so anxiously hoping they do ..! ) they will risk getting their assess handed to them on swift counters especially considering the quality of our current attacking options and their recently weak defensive and suspect goalkeeping options..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          yea
          he has a decent domestic scoring record but Primarily him and 29 yo Kim Shin Wook have been called up due to their towering size 6'2" & 6' 5" respectively ..! Suggesting only one thing, they are going to be resorting primarily on Wing N Crossing and trying to get a goal from set pieces delivered to these guys in the box..! Hence a big reason why Hossaini was brought in to better deal with such aerial threats and organizing our otherwise young and relatively inexperienced D line..!
          SK's usual and preferred attacking method of quick short passing has failed misrably to produce any notable result of late against our whole team defending and with high pressing lines(especially so during the last game @ Azadi where they failed to even penetrate our 18yard box except for maybe once or twice.?)

Koreans feel desperate for win not only to revive their WCQ hopes but also to restore their pride and confidence after loosing 4 straight against us, but if they press their luck too much offensively( which im so anxiously hoping they do ..! ) they will risk getting their assess handed to them on swift counters especially considering the quality of our current attacking options and their recently weak defensive and suspect goalkeeping options..!
          If that is the case then I am wondering why Montazeri has not been added to the squad. He is as good in dealing with aerial balls. In fact, I was surprised that he has been left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
            If that is the case then I am wondering why Montazeri has not been added to the squad. He is as good in dealing with aerial balls. In fact, I was surprised that he has been left out.
            like Hossaini he is also getting old and bit too slow ..! it would be risky to partner up two slow CBs against the generally quick footed koreans..! its either Hossaini or Montazeri who've been taking turn of late partnering up with the less experienced but younger and more spry PAG..!
            Hossaini is certainly better than Montazeri in clearing aerial threats (and being such a threat on the other end from set-pieces) and even in general leadership and organization of the backline. Pejman is far better with ball at his feet and distribution from the back and making forward runs..!
            besides i read somewhere here that Montazeri isnt Fit and slightly injured ...?? probably thats another reason why..!?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
              Man, if your choice of words is indicative of your fantasies, I will say I am slightly worried about your sexual preferences.
              not to worry dadash ..!! i dont fancy you much..!! unless you think you can convince me otherwise..??

Comment

Im pretty sure pejman has been playing injured for SS lately. Also think back to uzbekistan game in tashkent, when Hosseini played and was fantastic and even scored the winner. But he didnt play at all vs uzbekistan in the last match, while Pejman played the entirety of the game. Both times they were partnering PAG, so I think his absence in squad is just due to injury , but CQ likes to rotate him and Montazeri so they are both fresh. I think we could see something similar in the WC .

Comment

Monday Motivation. We will defeat South Korea with Son/key players or not, full team or not. It's time for revenge against these suckers! History will be created, but never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post

Monday Motivation. We will defeat South Korea with Son/key players or not, full team or not. It's time for revenge against these suckers! History will be created, but never forgotten.
                    What are you talking about, take revenge? We took revenge on them 4 times in a row lol. Carlos dare soobleh choobleh mishe

Comment

"S. Korea nat'l football team set to train with full squad
                      2017/08/28

SEOUL, Aug. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's national football team will train with a full squad this week as Europe-based players are to return home Monday for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

South Korea, led by head coach Shin Tae-yong, called up 26 players for their last two matches in the final Asian qualifying round for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The Taeguk Warriors are scheduled to host Iran on Thursday and take on Uzbekistan five days later.

Sixteen players -- mostly domestic K League Classic-based -- have been training at the National Football Center (NFC) in Paju, north of Seoul, since last Monday after getting approval from their respective clubs for an early call-up. Kim Young-gwon of Guangzhou Evergrande and Ki Sung-yueng of Swansea City also joined the national team last week to train early with teammates.

South Korea's national football team players drink water during training at the National Football Center in Paju, north of Seoul, on Aug. 25, 2017. (Yonhap) South Korea's national football team players drink water during training at the National Football Center in Paju, north of Seoul, on Aug. 25, 2017. (Yonhap)

South Korea will have a complete squad from this week as eight players are scheduled to enter the NFC on Monday. Among them is Son Heung-min, who made his first start of the season with the English Premier League (EPL) side Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

Son started against Burnley at Wembley Stadium in London and played 70 minutes before being replaced by Moussa Sissoko. Though Son was still seen wearing a cast on his right forearm due to a fracture he suffered during the World Cup qualifier against Qatar in June, the 25-year-old forward is expected to have no problem playing for the national team.

Koo Ja-cheol of FC Augsburg and Kwon Chang-hoon of Dijon FCO will also join the squad after playing for their respective clubs over the weekend. Koo played 76 minutes in Augsburg's 2-2 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday, while Kwon was in action for 56 minutes to help Dijon beat Montpellier 2-1.

Hwang Hee-chan of FC Red Bull Salzburg was originally scheduled to join the national team at 10 p.m. Monday but will enter the NFC early since he didn't play in the Austrian club's match against Sturm Graz on Sunday. Salzburg said the 21-year-old striker has a knee problem, so the national team officials are first expected to examine Hwang's injury status before starting training.

With Europe-based players, four national members who are with Japanese clubs will also enter the NFC. They are goalkeepers Kim Jin-hyeon and Kim Seung-gyu, and midfielders Kim Bo-kyung and Jang Hyun-soo.

With the full squad assembled, Shin's side will work on its tactics against Iran. Since last week, South Korea have been focusing on organizing their defense and building up their passing. They had a friendly match against the K League Classic club Suwon Samsung Bluewings on Saturday behind closed doors but picked up a 2-1 loss.

Shin will confirm the team's captain and his 23-man list for the World Cup qualifier against Iran later this week.

Meanwhile, Iran's national football team has been training in South Korea since Saturday. Carlos Queiroz's side has called up 24 players for the upcoming match.

With only two matches remaining, Iran have already qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup after securing the top spot in Group A with 20 points, seven points ahead of South Korea and eight points above Uzbekistan. In Asia, only the top two teams in each group can directly advance to the World Cup in Russia."

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...005000315.html

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        not to worry dadash ..!! i dont fancy you much..!! unless you think you can convince me otherwise..??
                        I am not interested, thanks, but I am happy you are debunking Ahmadinejad's claim about Iran and gays. That's refreshing. Just make sure you won't be on the receiving end.

Comment

Any training pics from TM?

Comment

There we go again

سرمربی کره: به اندازه کافی به ایران احترام گذاشتیم/ حرف*های کی*روش شکوفه خونین است!

وبسایت رسمی برنامه نود - سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال کره*جنوبی در واکنش به انتقاد کارلوس کی*روش از زمین محل تمرین ایران کفت: نمی*خواهم وارد جنگ روانی با کی*روش شوم و ایران شرایط خوبی در کره*جنوبی دارد.

به گزارش وب سایت نود، شین تائه*یونگ قبل از آغاز تمرین امروز (دوشنبه) تیم ملی فوتبال کره*جنوبی در مرکز ملی فوتبال شهر پاژو در جمع خبرنگاران گفت: ما یک دوره کامل تمرینی را پشت* سر گذاشتیم و از فردا روال معمول آماده*سازی را دنبال می*کنیم. در این مرحله لژیونرها را به هماهنگی و شرایط مورد نظرمان می*رسانیم.

سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال کره*جنوبی درباره انتقادهای کارلوس کی*روش، سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران از کیفیت بد زمین چمن تمرین شهر اینچئون نیز اظهار داشت: این مسئله ارتباط چندانی به من ندارد. فکر می*کنم همه می*دانیم چه چیزهای را از حضور در ایران تجربه کردیم. به نظر من ایران شرایط خوبی در کره*جنوبی دارد و همه چیز مهیا است.

شین تائه*یونگ افزود: نمی*خواهم وارد جنگ روانی با کارلوس کی*روش شوم. ما *ده*ها بار، ده*ها بار در ایران رنج بردیم. کارلوس کی*روش درباره چه چیزی حرف می*زند؟ آنچه که کی*روش می*گوید شکوفه خونین است! من نباید در جنگ روانی کی*روش شرکت کنم. به اندازه کافی به ایران احترام گذاشته*ایم.

تیم*های ملی فوتبال کره*جنوبی و ایران ساعت ۱۶:۳۰ پنجشنبه هفته جاری در بازی هفته نهم مرحله نهایی انتخابی جام*جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه از گروه A آسیا به مصاف هم می*روند. ایران ۲۰ امتیازی به عنوان صدرنشین گروه پیش از این صعود خود را قطعی کرده و کره*جنوبی با ۱۳ امتیاز رتبه دوم جدول رده*بندی را در اختیار دارد.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                              What are you talking about, take revenge? We took revenge on them 4 times in a row lol. Carlos dare soobleh choobleh mishe
                              They knocked us out of the 2010 world cup..so I think the revenge being referred to is by doing the same to them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Korea shall not enter world cup from the easy way, Koreans are too arrogant and i hate that soooo much about them. good people but arrogant as fuck. lets hope for a 3-0 win in their home game and let them cry more and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X