Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: South Korea - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (31.08.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
    I genuinely don't know what to do. I have never been able to be stress free during a TM WC qualification game. This is the first time ever for me. It so weird to have no stress for a TM match.

I hope we crush the Koreans. I would love nothing more than eliminating them from the WC and if we beat them in a few days their chances are dramatically slashed. I will never forget Park Ji Sung's goal against us leading to us being eliminated from qualification to the WC. Imagine if Sardar does the same to them, they will forever remember him. He has scored the last 2 winners against Korea for us, its only fitting that he puts them on the brink of elimination.

People mention Korea going to the WC is better for Asia cause they won't embarrass Asia whereas UZB going could be embarrassing. I don't agree, Korea at its current state is trash and on the world stage could very well get humiliated this time around. Besides, most zones already consider Asia as being the worst zone so it doesn't really matter what happens to Asian teams in Russia.

Lets put Korea on the verge of elimination. They deserve nothing less from Iran!
    Korea would love if Azmoun played. Hes suspended so it aould be a 3-0 win for Korea. We have multiple people who can hurt them either way. Their best midfielder is injured and they are bringing a 38 yr old forward.

Comment

Korea has never been this weak and we have never been this strong in long, long time. And don't forget CQ is a million times better than the rookie coach that they brought in 2 months ago.

This game is ours for the taking. If the boys execute CQ's plan, the 3 points are in the bag.

Comment

tough spot for the Koreans. Iran coming in on an all time high, feeling confident and "calm", as they have already secured their spot.
        Really hard game to read as TM has never been in this situation before. The Koreans are in an unfamiliar territory too. Kind of like us but on the opposite end. they are desperate, probably very disappointed, and in need of the three points. They are really hurting right now, so not sure what to expect.

I don't get all the 'hate' towards the Koreans. the fact that we tied them in Korea 8 years ago (which caused us to miss out on the WC), isn't something we can hate the Koreans for. their coach was rude to us last time and he got his lesson. other than that, they have been a formidable and respectable rival to our football for decades. They play fair and square and don't bribe Refs or AFC like we all know who!!! they play clean and are good hosts and have been great guests (specially their fans in Azadi). Do you guys really want Uzbekistan to advance and become the joke of the World Cup???

Comment

Oh true, azmoun not playing. Anyway I hope its Gucci then, repeat of what happened to them last world cup qualification campaign against Iran in Korea would be awesome.

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          Korea would love if Azmoun played. Hes suspended so it aould be a 3-0 win for Korea. We have multiple people who can hurt them either way. Their best midfielder is injured and they are bringing a 38 yr old forward.

Comment

actually I think gucci is perfect for SK game. They are not a physical team , but instead rely mainly on speed. Games like this are what gucci excels in , because his smart positioning and technical linkup play wont be disrupted as it would against physical teams.

My lineup :

------------Beiranvand---------

Ramin ---- Hosseini----- PAG ----- Milad

--------Saeid----------Hajisafi-----

---ARJ-------Ghoddos------Taremi

---------------Gucci-------------

Subs : Ansarifard for Gucci
            Dejagah for Ghoddos
            Torabi for Taremi

I think this will be the starting xi CQ chooses as well , except CQ will play ashkan at CAM . But ghoddos is something that the koreans are totally unaware of and have not planned for. His speed will be a huge surprise for them. Also he is probably our most in form attacker atm.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  actually I think gucci is perfect for SK game. They are not a physical team , but instead rely mainly on speed. Games like this are what gucci excels in , because his smart positioning and technical linkup play wont be disrupted as it would against physical teams.

My lineup :

------------Beiranvand---------

Ramin ---- Hosseini----- PAG ----- Milad

--------Saeid----------Hajisafi-----

---ARJ-------Ghoddos------Taremi

---------------Gucci-------------

Subs : Ansarifard for Gucci
                  Dejagah for Ghoddos
                  Torabi for Taremi

I think this will be the starting xi CQ chooses as well , except CQ will play ashkan at CAM . But ghoddos is something that the koreans are totally unaware of and have not planned for. His speed will be a huge surprise for them. Also he is probably our most in form attacker atm.
                  That's an exciting line up but Ghoddos has never played with any of our boys or in the system so its just as bad for us to include him as it is for the Koreans who have not analysed him.

Would be great if he can pick up enough with one or two trainings to start.

Comment

I think we will see this line up against Korea:

Haghighi
                    Rezaeian-PAG-Hosseini-Milad
                    Ezzatollaji-Hajsafi
                    JB-Torabi-Taremi
                    Ansarifard

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post
                      Best quote: "Poulaheh gonde bayad kharj koneem"

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        I think we will see this line up against Korea:
                        Haghighi
                        Rezaeian-PAG-Hosseini-Milad
                        Ezzatollaji-Hajsafi
                        JB-Torabi-Taremi
                        Ansarifard
                        yes torabi is also in good form and can play CAM well. Now that I think about it he could very well start there. But why Karim instead of gucci ?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          yes torabi is also in good form and can play CAM well. Now that I think about it he could very well start there. But why Karim instead of gucci ?
                          I think Karim deserves a start, he usually was the 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice sometime and never said a word, lets give him a chance in this match.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            Best quote: "Poulaheh bozorg bayad kharj koneem"
                            oonam ba lahjeh esfooni

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                            به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              I think Karim deserves a start, he usually was the 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice sometime and never said a word, lets give him a chance in this match.
                              fair enough. He did start games tho , away to qatar, and the friendly vs montenegro. Played good against qatar, but was kind of exposed vs montenegro on the LW bc he didnt provide enough cover for young aghaei who was being tested out that game.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Best quote: "Poulaheh gonde bayad kharj koneem"
                                I edited your post, he didn't say bozorg, he said gonde like a true isfahani

Comment

Working...
                                X