• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs South Korea Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Beiranvand - 7

Mohammadi - 9 MoM Perfect as always, won several important tackles
    Pouraliganji - 7.5
    Ansari - 7 Shaky in the first 10-15 min, but excellent defending as the match progressed
    Rezaeian - 5.5 Average

Ezatolahi - 0 No comment
    Hajsafi - 6
    Dejagah - 7 Decent performance

Jahanbakhsh - 6.5
    Amiri - 5
    Ghoochannejhad - 6.5

------------------------------------------------------------------

Karimi - 7 Imposed himself physically and held the ball well in the middle
    Cheshmi - 6
    Taremi - 6

On paper, you would think Korea dominated us. Strategically, it was a beautiful match played by Iran. That being said...

Carlos Quieroz - 10 (Man of the Match)
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

This is why Important managers are always hesitant to start young talents in Big games, I dont know what the hell Ezzas problem was today but he lost his head. Now he must regain every ones trust.
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Comment

I am very disappointed at Ezatolahi or rather he should be called Eftezahlahi for this match. That kind of demeanor and temparment does not deserve to play for TM. I kept thinking what if he had done this in Russia at crucial World Cup match for TM. Imagine the consequences!

Overall Korea had every advantage... home game, being up 1 man for almost all of the second half, having the ref on their side. Even with all these advantages they couldn't even register a shot on goal!!!! That speaks to how good Iran's defense it. God bless CQ for his hard work, turning TM into such a sturdy and cohesive unit. It also goes on to show you that we are head and shoulders above Korea and really everyone in Asia.

I have a very good feeling about this upcoming World Cup. Objectively, it looks like it will be a historic one for Iran and TM!

Comment

Line-up against Syria

Haghighi, Ghafouri, Hosseini, Pouraliganji, Aghaei (Rest Milad), Karimi, Cheshmi, Torabi, Ghoddos, Ansarifard, Azmoun

Comment

Why would it look like on paper Korea would dominate us. They can never dominate us (no one in Asia can), especially now during this height of TM power.

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
              On paper, you would think Korea dominated us. Strategically, it was a beautiful match played by Iran. That being said...

Carlos Quieroz - 10 (Man of the Match)

Comment

You have to wonder how it would've turned out if we weren't down to 10 men thanks to Saeids lovely performance. Can't really judge most of the boys for their offensive second half performance.

MOTM milmo. high marks for AJB, Dejagah, PAG, and Ansari.

Cheshmi played great i thought for his debut, very solid in the back and seemed composed. Karimi looked lack-luster going forward but he really shut down the Koran midfield.

Amiri ran a ton so I have to give him credit for that but he's incredibly ineffective offensively. Hajsafi was invisible in the first half, but started to show himself in the second a lot more.

First half, offensively we were lacking. Didn't seem like we had much of a rhythm until late into it, and we really should've posed a greater threat to the Korean goal. Defensively, albeit for a couple scrappy clearances and missed tackles, I'd say we did a great job of shutting down Korea. BUT it should be mentioned just how terrible the Koreans are offensively. Poor linkup play, poor crosses, horrible shots, really looked toothless even when we made mistakes.

Overall, happy that we didn't concede but i would've liked to see our team show itself going forward more as we'll need goals if we're going to advance in the world cup.

Comment

Beiranvand - 7
                  Mohammadi - 9
                  Pouraliganji - 7.5
                  Ansari - 7
                  Rezaeian - 6
                  Ezatolahi - 0 So disappointed in him btw, he hasn't progressed at all since his move to Russia and still hasn't learned how to behave on the pitch + not to get cards for nothing
                  Hajsafi - 6
                  Dejagah - 7
                  Jahanbakhsh - 7
                  Amiri - 6
                  Ghoochannejhad - 7
                  Karimi - 7
                  Cheshmi - 6
                  Taremi - 5 Expected him to put more pressure on Korean players after getting subbed in

Comment

Beiranvand - Solid performance.

Mohammadi - Who is this guy seriously? How can he be this good?
                    Pouraliganji - Shaky start, but solid performance later on. Great in the air.
                    Ansari - Bad start, but he grew into the match.
                    Rezaeian - I dont know... He was good sometimes but not that good in other parts. Not his best game.

Ezatolahi - Horrible even before the red card, hope he can regain his form with him being loaned out to Amkar.
                    Hajsafi - Good hustle.
                    Dejagah - Great first half, he brings something that none other player has into the team. I was against his invite, but he and CQ proved me wrong.

Jahanbakhsh - Didnt see much of him. Good defensive work.
                    Amiri - He rushes it every time we head into attack. But he works really hard and thats why I believe that CQ picks him.
                    Ghoochannejhad - He worked with the little that he got. Hustles as always and was sacrificed because of Ezzis stupid move.

Karimi - Solid sub. He seems to calm at times, but worked really well.
                    Cheshmi and Taremi were good I guess, wasnt tested that much.

Comment

Beiranvand - 7

Mohammadi - 8
                      Pouraliganji - 8
                      Ansari - 7
                      Rezaeian - 6

Ezatolahi - 3
                      Hajsafi - 7
                      Dejagah - 7

Jahanbakhsh - 6
                      Amiri - 4
                      Ghoochannejhad - 6

Karimi - 7
                      Cheshmi - 6
                      Taremi - 6
                      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Beiranvand - 8 (Not very much tested but still solid and kept us stress free)

Mohammadi - 8.5 (Excellent game)
                        Pouraliganji - 7 (Very good game)
                        Ansari - 6.5 (Bad start but very good second half)
                        Rezaeian - 6 (Lost the ball a few times but ran a lot)

Ezatolahi - 4 (He was very active in the game but the stupid mistake could have cost us. Although as always east Asians always start the dirty play)
                        Hajsafi - 5 (Was he playing?? Barely saw him)
                        Dejagah - 8 (Much better than expected.)

Jahanbakhsh - 8.5 (MOTM for me. Ran his heart out the whole game and was the reason Koreans couldn't go all attack. Always started dangerous moves when he got the ball)
                        Amiri - 6.5 (Very active in the game)
                        Ghoochannejhad - 6 (Good game.)

Karimi - 8 (Very important presense to press the Koreans when he came in)
                        Cheshmi - 6.5
                        Taremi - 6.5

Comment

Beiro - 7

Milad - 9 - Koreihaa az gosheye raaste khod hich kaari natonestan bekonan.

PAG - 7.5 - Baazi raa ba yek kart zarde zodhengam shoro kard, amma sepas Mohajeme koreihaa raa lokht kard.

Ansari - 7.5, dar aghaaze baazi shayad kami estres daasht, amma dar nimeye dovvom khonsard, seft va ba tamarkoz baazi kard.

Rezaeian - 5.5 - Chand bar daar faaze defai liz khord va Koreihaa tonest toop ra befrestan dar 18 ghadam, dar faaze hamlei bishtar mitonest komak kone.

Ezatolahi -5, askhkaare ke chon dar Rostov nimkatneshine az nazare rohi-ravani mizoon nist. Be har haal in ham bayad goft ke dar faaze defai toophaaye havaie Koreihaa dar miyoone zamin male o bood.

Hajsafi - 6.5 - Seft o sangin jangid, natonest dar hamleye team sherkat kone.

Dejagah - 6.5 On ham mesle hamishe ba chang o dandoon dar zamin kar kard. Shayad agar Ezatolahi kart nemigereft mitonest dar nimeye dovvom mogheiyate golzani be dast biyaare ya ijaaz kone.

Jahanbakhsh - 6.5 - Fazaye khod raa khob poshaand, amma adam doost daare bishtar az tavanaie hojomie khod estefaadeh kone, harchand ke sharate in baazi dar nimeye dovvom sakht shod.

Amiri - 6 - Kaare khasi dar faaze hamlei nemikone va doost dashtam Torabi biyad to zamin amma chon 10- nafare shodim nashood.

Ghoochanejad - 6.5 - Be nazare man agar 11-nafare mimandim ba khastegi va bitamarkozie Koreihaa Gucci mitonest dobare yek gole dirhengaame bezane.

Cheshmi - 6.5 Omad to zamin ta az ghodrate badanie khod estefaadeh kone, va in kaar ra dar miyoneye zamin kard.

Taremi - 6. -
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

most pleyers did well, ansari was poor first half but god better, i say the poorest player was ezatolahi, the red card could have been a issue, however man of the match (king carlos)

Comment

Having followed TM since 1996, it's a joy to watch this squad.
                              You can see the unity, discipline, commitment, gheyrat, sacrifice, clear strategy and fighting till the very last second, no matter where and under what circumstances.

These are historical days in our football and any Iranian fan should be proud of this team.

Thank you God for creating Carlos Queiroz!

Zendeh baad Iran!

Comment

Working...
                              X