New players and their potential to break into starting roles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Is he physically strong? I know he is tall but is he strong? Same question about Ansari
    He's pretty strong yup. As I previously said if he decides to keep the ball and shield it it's very difficult to get it from him unless you foul him.

Ansari on the other hand is not particularly strong but he isn't weak either. However as much as he won't have issues dealing with Asian players like you saw vs Korea, against physically strong African and European forwards he might have some issues.

That's the same for Montazeri though, they both make it up with good reading of the opposition plays.

Comment

Is he physically strong? I know he is tall but is he strong? Same question about Ansari
      Yeah lol Chesmi is actually pretty physically strong... Not too sure whos faster between him and Ansari though. Either way we have two amazing backups and potential future starters. I'd personally take both these guys over Tafazolli at the moment.

I love Ryan, and hes gonna play Championship level football next year (either through promotion or a transfer), but I prefer these boys for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        He's pretty strong yup. As I previously said if he decides to keep the ball and shield it it's very difficult to get it from him unless you foul him.

Ansari on the other hand is not particularly strong but he isn't weak either. However as much as he won't have issues dealing with Asian players like you saw vs Korea, against physically strong African and European forwards he might have some issues.

That's the same for Montazeri though, they both make it up with good reading of the opposition plays.
        Montazeri's football IQ mirrors European center backs... Not a strong center back but he sure plays like one. We are so lucky to have both Jalal and Pejman.

Our Defense and Offense look good... I'm just worried about our Midfield. I like Hajsafi, but we need another sturdy CM along with him. Karimi is good but needs to play and find a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Montazeri's football IQ mirrors European center backs... Not a strong center back but he sure plays like one. We are so lucky to have both Jalal and Pejman.
          Our Defense and Offense look good... I'm just worried about our Midfield. I like Hajsafi, but we need another sturdy CM along with him. Karimi is good but needs to play and find a team.
          i think our mf will be fine if karimi finds his new team and plays. He is very calm on the ball and makes good decisions in possession unlike saeid recently . Hajsafi does as well, and also has drive to get forward and back. His move back to europe ensures that he will be in top shape for WC

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            Yeah lol Chesmi is actually pretty physically strong... Not too sure whos faster between him and Ansari though. Either way we have two amazing backups and potential future starters. I'd personally take both these guys over Tafazolli at the moment.

I love Ryan, and hes gonna play Championship level football next year (either through promotion or a transfer), but I prefer these boys for now.
            Thx, don't know why they both looked pretty thin for a CB

Comment

Thx, don't know why they both looked pretty thin for a CB
              Ansari is thin.

Cheshmi is a pretty big guy actually.

He's almost as big as that narekhar omranzadeh.

Cheshmi has the frame to handle players from every country.
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                Ansari is thin.

Cheshmi is a pretty big guy actually.

He's almost as big as that narekhar omranzadeh.

Cheshmi has the frame to handle players from every country.
                He is pretty slim for me : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...eh_Cheshmi.jpg

Comment

hes 6 ft 4 inches. that pic doesnt do him justice

Comment

CQ converted PAG to a very decent CB, he may do the same thing with Rouzbeh Cheshmi i agree. Also in order to be a good CD you necessary don't need to be a big guy, but rather play it smart, not all world class CD are big.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      CQ converted PAG to a very decent CB, he may do the same thing with Rouzbeh Cheshmi i agree. Also in order to be a good CD you necessary don't need to be a big guy, but rather play it smart, not all world class CD are big.
                      Exactly i.e. Cannavaro, Puyol, Cordoba etc.

Comment

Cheshmi reminds me of a defensive version of Dejagah, seems tough and physical which is perfect for our CDM spots. BUT i think our second central midfielder (not the CAM) needs to be more creative and comfortable on the ball, while also being intelligent while defending. Ezatollahi in form is the perfect version of this, and he is only 20 so unless he continues to decline, I don't see an outright replacement.

Comment

Cheshmi could have made the TM list last year if it wasn't for his injury and he probably was playing somewhere in Europe this year. He will be included in TM list from now on. The guy is also very mature for 24 years old footballer, something which is very rare in Iran's football these days.

Comment

Really impressed with Ansari, i think he will be our fixed central defender next to Pouraliganji, Cheshmi has pontial but don't see him as a starter as we have better players the positions he plays, he is flexible which is good. I have the highest hopes for Shekari, i believe he will be our future star, he has much more potential than Ghoddes. Aghaei and Noorafkhan make the list if they keep developing.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                              Really impressed with Ansari, i think he will be our fixed central defender next to Pouraliganji, Cheshmi has pontial but don't see him as a starter as we have better players the positions he plays, he is flexible which is good. I have the highest hopes for Shekari, i believe he will be our future star, he has much more potential than Ghoddes. Aghaei and Noorafkhan make the list if they keep developing.
                              watched about 3 sepahan games this year, aghaei has been very impressive. He is built very strong, and although not as fast milad, is beginning to really look dangerous in attacking third. But given milad's young age I doubt aghaei will ever be first choice. Even ghoddos is quite young ( only 3 years difference with shekari ). Ansari I see coming into the fray because he is very zahmat kesh, lowkey. Only thing Im not impressed with was his play out of back but that could be mainly do to stress, pressing of koreans. Question for those who closely follow PP , how is Ansari on the ball ? PAG is actually quite composed, especially for iranian standards. The only thing TM is deficient in is building out of back, keeping possession ( and this only at times. In Montenegro game, SK at home, we built out very well for large stretches and had good combination plays ). if we improve in possession starting from back ( center backs minimizing bezan ziresh moments, and have our two DM's playing simple and getting the ball to attackers feet with minimal giveaway ) then we could really unlock our full offensive potential . ARJ, Sardar, Taremi, Ghoddos, Torabi, Karim, Gucci ,Dejagah are all very good players, all on the level of good european teams.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                watched about 3 sepahan games this year, aghaei has been very impressive. He is built very strong, and although not as fast milad, is beginning to really look dangerous in attacking third. But given milad's young age I doubt aghaei will ever be first choice. Even ghoddos is quite young ( only 3 years difference with shekari ). Ansari I see coming into the fray because he is very zahmat kesh, lowkey. Only thing Im not impressed with was his play out of back but that could be mainly do to stress, pressing of koreans. Question for those who closely follow PP , how is Ansari on the ball ? PAG is actually quite composed, especially for iranian standards. The only thing TM is deficient in is building out of back, keeping possession ( and this only at times. In Montenegro game, SK at home, we built out very well for large stretches and had good combination plays ). if we improve in possession starting from back ( center backs minimizing bezan ziresh moments, and have our two DM's playing simple and getting the ball to attackers feet with minimal giveaway ) then we could really unlock our full offensive potential . ARJ, Sardar, Taremi, Ghoddos, Torabi, Karim, Gucci ,Dejagah are all very good players, all on the level of good european teams.
                                I think both PAG and Ansari are much better than Jalal from making plays from back because both played in different positions(defensive midfielder and left back). Ghoddos and Shekari age difference is 5 not 3. Shekari is 19, Ghoddos will be 24 in few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X