Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An ode to Carlos Quieroz

An ode to Carlos:
    To many older members who know me and my former views on #CarlosQeuiroz (pre-2016), it may come as a surprise not to see me rail against CQ like I used to.
    Frankly, I am quite pleasantly surprised at myself too. But by the Gods, he has not given me much to rail about anyway.

From my biggest grip with him (pre-2016), which was his over-reliance on older, and oft low performing players, to other dodgy team performances under a very negative minded attitude/formation for games, I have witnessed the rejuvenation and vitalization of the TM with enough fresh and young faces to ensure a solid future for TM and more importantly, a self-assuredness and confidence in team performances (albeit too defensive for my liking) that not only havent been experienced in almost entire TM post-revolution history, but also the gift of calmness and stress-free (relatively) audience of TM games for fans like me who remember too well the days of "IFs & BUTs and 6 different conditions to qualify discussions".

Yes, the team is never perfect. NO team can be. But dang it, we've come pretty close to it ... given Iran's and Asia's general limitations and footballing standards. Yes, we can always do better, work harder, play slicker & more exciting. But I stand well content & satisfied with our beloved TM.

To the extent that in days in the run up to our Uzabekistan game where our qualification hinged on, and even during the actual game, this always-stressed fan was sipping his coffee calmly and watching the game unfold in most relaxed way possible. A new experience I'd love to see repeated in further games and tournaments.
    And I simply have to thank CQ for this.

Thusly I shall raise my glass to our coach and salute him and his work for Iran and Iranians.
    May he be ever successful in whatever endeavors he partakes in, even after leaving Iran.

Cheers & felicidades meu treinador

A converted fan

I remembering listening to an interview with him on BBC world football where he described the jobs of Asian football coaches to be much more difficult due to the usual limitations of the Asian countries, but also due to the massive geographical distances. Queiroz has really levelled out these obstacles, and at the same time rejuvenated the team with fresh talent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
    And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

What's so amazing (ok, not as amazing as DD posting sth like this) is that we have this great performances and results with constantly changing lineups. We don't rely on one set of players, almost everyone is replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        What's so amazing (ok, not as amazing as DD posting sth like this) is that we have this great performances and results with constantly changing lineups. We don't rely on one set of players, almost everyone is replaceable.
        I think only MiMo is not replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
          I think only MiMo is not replaceable.
          That's also what we thought with Pouladi. We have so many talents eventually we always find someone

Comment

Wow I never thought Doctor Doom would become a believer! If Doctor Doom is willing to admit it, no one else on this planet can any longer deny the achievements and vision of CQ under TM.

Good on you Doctor Doom in admitting it.

Comment

God bless youbking Carlos, not only all this stuff you do butnyou made our system better as

cq the biggest king of iran
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Damet garm agha, you are always very fair when it comes to this kind of thing.

I'll never forget how you were the first one to call out a previous coach on being the manifestation of "The Emperor's New Clothes". Whose harm still persists to this day.

CQ has really impressed me and has built something truly special over time, for now and for the future.

Comment

Working...
                X