No announcement yet.

Dreams of 2022 Glory with CQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year before WC 2014 everyone was saying that CQ will leave after the WC for sure. Here we are 4 years later and he is still with us. So please...lets be a little more optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
      A year before WC 2014 everyone was saying that CQ will leave after the WC for sure. Here we are 4 years later and he is still with us. So please...lets be a little more optimistic.
      That's what I'm saying. If he wants a better contract and a professional organization, leaving Iran is a no brainer.
      But those aren't the only factors involved. He can start a whole new project at 65, or stick with a team he built from scratch and lead them to glory as they enter their prime in a world cup where every match will feel like a home game. If I were him, I'd be very tempted.

Comment

I think this is unlikely but the only determinant is results at WC2k18. If we truly surpass his expectations...then maybe. After all his mentor is Ferguson and he stayed with ManU literally forever.
        My theory is if we go to quarterfinals in WC CQ will stay with Iran until 2022. He will pretty much become the Ferguson of Iranian football.

Otherwise get ready for Birdman Dynasty.
        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          I dream of 2038 World cup glory with CQ

20 year intervals:

1978: First world cup
          1998: First world cup win
          2018: First qualification past the group stages
          2038: First world cup trophy.
          Why the fk not.

Comment

I would be immensely happy if IFF re-assign CQ for WC2022. Then Iran also has a very good shot at the AC2019 in Emirates.

We have to remember that we are extremely lucky to have him as headcoach.
            sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
            >-----------------<
            Marg bar dictator
            >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
              I would be immensely happy if IFF re-assign CQ for WC2022. Then Iran also has a very good shot at the AC2019 in Emirates.

We have to remember that we are extremely lucky to have him as headcoach.
              ehsan sinagpore's long lost relative ????.

Comment

I don't see him going much further than the Asian Cup.

Age is against him. His achievements in revolutionising our national team seems to have largely gone unnoticed by other football associations, otherwise hed have had better offers than South Africa when he was disillusioned with us. No better nation was willing to consider him or match the salary he's on.

With his reign entering it's twilight, the more pertinent question should be, who is out there to replace him?

We cannot have someone come in and undo his good work. The next coach we hire is a massive decision for the IFF and the future of our national team.

Comment

I forgot his exact words, but if I remember correctly, CQ hinted at staying till WC 2022 in an interview after we qualified vs Uzbekistan

Comment

What about having Berdyev for TM, after CQ?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      NO helll no

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Samuel can stay in Usbekistan, thanks
                        TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Working...
                        X