Dreams of 2022 Glory with CQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams of 2022 Glory with CQ!

First let's be realistic. IFF has to be willing to keep him. But if we do even reasonably well in Russia not only will Taj and Soltanifar be under great pressure to re-sign him, but they'll also know keeping CQ guarantees international success which in turn makes them look good too. But even if IFF tries to keep him, having shown what he can do with Iran since the last world cup, Carlos will have his share of lucrative offers once his contract is up next year. If other countries had doubts about his abilities they're erased after watching his team in the qualifiers. He turned Iran from a team whose defense used to be its Achilles Heel into a team that can't give up a goal in an away game with a man down if it tried! In Asia alone just about every Arab team will be offering him millions hoping he can recreate for them what he did with Iran.

But here's the other side of the coin. Carlos will be 65 when his contract is up next year. If he takes up a new assignment he'll have to start all over again and spend time getting to know another country's talent and football culture. Doing what he did with Iran takes time. It took at least 3 years to mold Team Melli into what he had in mind. In Iran he may not have a professional system to work with, but he has one of the things every coach dreams of: a generation of talented players that UNDERSTAND his system and RESPECT him immensely. This is gold for any coach.

Below is a lineup of what our current team (with a few youngsters added) would look like in 2022. This is assuming no new talents emerge till then which of course won't be case. Just think how many of us had even heard of Pouraliganji, Cheshmi, Taremi, Milad, Ghoddos…back in 2014. The numbers next to their names are what their age will be in 2022. The bulk of this team will be just entering their prime by Qatar's world cup, and they'll have spent years playing alongside each other by then.

In terms of crowds, that cup will be for Iran what the last world cup was for Argentina. The close location makes every match effectively a home game.

CQ will have a team of talented players...in their prime...that can implement his system blindfolded...with home team advantage in every match!

This team melli is CQ's baby. He built it from scratch and fought tooth and nail against jealous losers and incompetent managers to get it to where it is. I doubt he'll want to hand his masterpiece to another coach before his star players have even hit their prime. He can sign a big contract with a new country, or, stay and win the Asian Cup, qualify for a third successive WC, then SHOCK the world in 2022 and retire as an all time great.

I hope he goes with the latter option.

Lots of things can happen between now and the next five years, lots of players can be introduced, and some probably won't be with TM despite the young age, i would say even for Asian Cup we may see around 20% to 30% of current squad change.

Comment

^ Like I said, there will be changes here and there, most likely at Rezaeian and Amiri's positions. But assuming they keep their form, the bulk of the players in that pictured lineup will form our WC 22 squad. Unless talents emerge that will be head and shoulders above the likes of Azmoun, Milad, Beyranvand, Pouraliganji, etc.

Comment

Badbakht Quieroz digeh mimireh bekhad 5 saal digeh Iran basheh lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krol View Post
          ^ Like I said, there will be changes here and there, most likely at Rezaeian and Amiri's positions. But assuming they keep their form, the bulk of the players in that pictured lineup will form our WC 22 squad. Unless talents emerge that will be head and shoulders above the likes of Azmoun, Milad, Beyranvand, Pouraliganji, etc.
          moharrami for rezaeian possibly.

Comment

i think we should keep CQ at least for 2019 asian cup. Taj wants to keep him. with this team, after world cup 2018, it will be our best chance.

But after AC 2019, we should bring another coach to pick up where CQ has left off.

Mark my word, what CQ has done is in the same level at the great SS coach Rajkov.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

i am not sure about 2022, but we have to keep him till 2019 at least

Comment

I am also agree that we should keep him until 2019 Asia cup. That will mark close to 10 years at the helm of Iranian football. We then can bring in another proven international coach or one of our vatani coaches like Hashemian with experience can take over.

Comment

CQ is one of the top ten coaches of football in the world today. After WC2018, he will land a major contract from someplace else. He was approached with a $15 Million contract from Japan earlier, but due to Iran contract he had to turn them down. I wish we could keep him for another 4 years until the end of 2022. But, he is tired with the working condition in Iran and he will not extend.

He is a Great Coach and he is one of us.

Comment

If CQ is supposed to be replaced for the WC2022, he should be replaced before AC2019! The new coach must be with TM in at least 1 official tournament to get to know the players and the Iranian mentality properly before getting into such an important tournament like WCQ2022.

Comment

most likely CQ will leave after the 2018 world cup lets face it unfortunately . but he achieved so much not only in iranian football but also encouraging iranian players to go to europe. he did everything possible he could and he did. and the good thing is that we have europe based iranian agents in europe which will help out players to move. even though I'm not a big fan of agents but its a hell lot better then the bullish agents in Iran for sure!

Comment

I just hope that we can keep him till the Asian cup of January 2019 and win it

But I don't think he will accept

Comment

I dream of 2038 World cup glory with CQ

20 year intervals:

1978: First world cup
                          1998: First world cup win
                          2018: First qualification past the group stages
                          2038: First world cup trophy.

Comment

^^ love it! : )
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

http://90tv.ir/video/414218/%D8%A7%D...B1%DB%8C%D9%87

11:54 he says that this will be his last press conference in Iran because all the future games will be outside Iran. So you can forget about him staying until 2022 but I'm still hopeful that he is gonna stay until the AC 2019. Of course it also depends on our WC results. I doubt he is gonna stay if we lose all 3 matches.
                              I'm sure if the federation would support him 100% he would stay until 2022 but we know that will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X