Beiranvand or Haghighi for Number 1 in WC 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiranvand or Haghighi for Number 1 in WC 2018

As things stand, who do you feel more comfortable with being Goalkeeper for the World Cup

(There are some great goalkeepers around but we all know that these two are the current front-runners, just trying to pre-empt the expected "another option" which will come up in the comments section when a 2-choice poll is posted)
    Beiranvand
    0%
    Haghighi
    0%

need to see Haghighi in a few friendlies before choosing between the two. Beiranvand did not get tested until the Syria game, and when he was finally tested, he did not impress.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Beiranvand without a question. One bad game isn't enough to give up on him. Plus his long throws are crucial considering we rely heavily on counter-attacks. He's been solid with PP too.

Comment

Beiranvand can't get complacent.
        Haghighi always has the same weaknesses.
        Beiranvand at his best is better than Haghighi at his best.

Comment

Beiranvand hasn't been in his best form lately but once he gets it back he shouldn't have too much issues keeping the number 1 spot, he's 5 years younger, more talented and IMO overall slightly better/safer than Haghighi.

Also now that he played so many games as TM number 1 I doubt CQ will want to change him after 1 bad game vs Syria, the defense has just gotten used to him and it would cost us much more to change him with any other keeper. He had a great game vs Al Ahli too. Could be our main keeper for years to come with his age, and I think he will eventually play in Europe at some point

Comment

Syrias GK
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Beiranvand for sure.

I think I would feel more comfortable with Mazaheri and Akhbari instead of Haghighi..

The battle for 3rd GK will be interesting between LAK and Sosha. Lak would be better as far as locker room presence whereas Sosha could be a distraction

Comment

Just want to point out, as athletes, I feel like Beiranvand is a better overall athlete than Haghighi, which is quite important for goalkeepers. They need to be strong, quick on their feet, agile, acrobatic etc. I feel like Beiranvand is physically a better goalkeeper. Technically you could argue Haghighi has better fundamentals, such as shot stopping, reactions, positioning etc. I wasn't impressed with Beiranvands positioning at all for both Syria goals. You can listen to my analysis of the first goal (in my Scottish accent) on GolBezan's last podcast.

They both have their pros and cons, I'll leave it up to Carlos to decide. I'd like to see Haghighi play one of the next two friendlies.

Comment

Beiranvand (or alternatively bring back Ahmad Reza Abedzadeh out of retirement, although he needs to train very hard to be ready)
                  Sadly no other goalie can do the job. In the past we had so many good goalies who could swap with either Hejazi or Abedzadeh like Rashidi, Movadat; Sajjadi, Azizian, Nakisa; Later on there were also many good goalies who could swap like Mirzapour, Rahmati, Roudbarian, Talebloo;

Comment

This is a very legitimate conversation as both GKs have some upsides and down sides.

Haghighi's benefits are his experience, strength on protecting the net on set pieces, and fearless mentality. He's also a much better shot stopper than beiro IMO (with the exception of low shots of course). He is a big liability in that area and has been a consistent problem with him.

Beiro is super inconsistent he has so much potential and upside but he hesitates and times and lacks simple fundementals like the goal he conceded against both mecdeonia (slapping the ball away is a big no no) and conceding a soft Layee vs Syria. He's had a number of sooti's for Persepolis too

Fact remains we don't have a clear answer/solution. If it was me I personally would go with ARH going forward but like I said, it just depends on who's flaws you see as more exploitable and I think that's Beiro IMO
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Beiranvand is for sure our best goalkeeper at the moment, second goalkeeper Akhbari and Haghighi would be my third choice

Comment

We should have Beiranvand because if he performs in WC he can go better team than Haghihi

Comment

I might be the only person who thinks Haghighi is better than Beiranvand. I don't think you can give too much credit to Beiranvand for the goalless streak. He was barely tested. SK had zero shots on goal. When we get to the World Cup and teams have 10 shots on goal against us, we need a keeper who can make saves and not let rebounds go right in front of the goal. But nevertheless the competition between the two is good. Haghighi has looked good for his club in Sweden.

Comment

we need a gk to stand on his head like haghighi did in Argentina

That game could have been 3-0 in the first half for argentina but haghigh gave us a chance to win

Maybe rotate them so they are both fresh... I feel like Haghighi Burns out easily
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                              I might be the only person who thinks Haghighi is better than Beiranvand. I don't think you can give too much credit to Beiranvand for the goalless streak. He was barely tested. SK had zero shots on goal. When we get to the World Cup and teams have 10 shots on goal against us, we need a keeper who can make saves and not let rebounds go right in front of the goal. But nevertheless the competition between the two is good. Haghighi has looked good for his club in Sweden.
                              You aren't alone.

Performance wise hey both have their pros and cons.

Mentally, Haghighi wins hands down when he has it together. What do I mean by that, well look at the past challenges they both had and see how they dealt with them. Haghighi seems more confident. Beiranvand seems jittery. Ever sine his red card against Guam, I was skeptical of him. He timed his exit horribly and it resulted him getting sent out. Imagine if he had done something like that against Argentina.

Comment

Working...
                              X