Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First come - First served - Ticket start 16. November (Phase 1 - 14.Sep. - 12.Oct.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
    I just want to add a comment for people who are like "I wish I could go, but I can't." I know the ticket process for the World Cup is intimidating. I went to the 2014 World Cup. The morning of the Nigeria game in the streets of Curitiba, Brazil with my face painted, I couldn't believe I was going to the game that afternoon, and I was so happy that I decided to go. Honestly, it just requires some planning. You need to sit down and figure it out. Sure the tickets are expensive but they are not that expensive compared to the average sporting event. The lottery system is confusing but people here will help. The flights to Russia might be expensive but see if you can use miles or take connecting flights that minimize cost. My point is, if you genuinely can't afford it, then that's understandable. But if you can afford it, don't just write it off. I think if you go, you will have the same experience I did, which is that it wasn't as complicated as you thought, and you're at the fucking World Cup cheering on your favorite team.
    Sir, I am planning on going. I can figure out the ticket situation, price of the ticket and flight is not an issue. What I am having a hard time with is finding hotels. As of right now, since we don't know what venue's Iran will be playing at, I can't really book anything, and it already seems like all the hotels close to all the venue's are already booked. Any input/advice?

Comment

I think the hotels appear booked because FIFA books them. You can order hotels through FIFA once the cities are announced. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I recall from brazil 2014.

Comment

The tickets are cheap compared to your travel expenses. If you are in Europe I really think its a great opportunity.

Comment

I think I might end up going . Would probably need help with finding hotels and the ticket situation but I get free flights internationally so I'm good there. Are the tickets really cheaper compared to
          Previous world
          Cups ?

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
            I just want to add a comment for people who are like "I wish I could go, but I can't." I know the ticket process for the World Cup is intimidating. I went to the 2014 World Cup. The morning of the Nigeria game in the streets of Curitiba, Brazil with my face painted, I couldn't believe I was going to the game that afternoon, and I was so happy that I decided to go. Honestly, it just requires some planning. You need to sit down and figure it out. Sure the tickets are expensive but they are not that expensive compared to the average sporting event. The lottery system is confusing but people here will help. The flights to Russia might be expensive but see if you can use miles or take connecting flights that minimize cost. My point is, if you genuinely can't afford it, then that's understandable. But if you can afford it, don't just write it off. I think if you go, you will have the same experience I did, which is that it wasn't as complicated as you thought, and you're at the fucking World Cup cheering on your favorite team.
            The problem is that Russia is really big and some far dahat cities could have Iran's games.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              The problem is that Russia is really big and some far dahat cities could have Iran's games.
              Russia is really big but all of the cities hosting the World Cup are in Western Russia and are actually relatively close to each other, closer than the host cities were in brazil. The three furthest cities on the perimeter are Kaliningrad, Yekaterinburg and Sochi, which are all about a 2,500km from each other. In Brazil, the three furthest cities on the perimeter were Manaus, Natal, and Porto Alegre which were about 4,000km from each other. I'm hoping for either Moscow or St. Petersburg. Kazan would be cool too because of the Azmoun connection.

Comment

Sochi is far but would be lovely to see. I am going to all games with my bro and dad . Looking at tickets currently, 3 tickets for all 3 iran group matches is $2000 IN BEST SEATS. So. $222 a ticket. Just trying to confirm , anybody know for sure that Category Type corresponds with the type of seats ? Category 1 for all 3 iran games is already in high demand supposedly. I will probably pull the trigger this week and purchase.

Also, for US Residents , I heard getting visa to russia is very difficult ? Would it be better to apply with iranian identification, passports, etc ( I know visa process for iranian entering russia is very easy). Some help from PfDC fam would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Sochi is far but would be lovely to see. I am going to all games with my bro and dad . Looking at tickets currently, 3 tickets for all 3 iran group matches is $2000 IN BEST SEATS. So. $222 a ticket. Just trying to confirm , anybody know for sure that Category Type corresponds with the type of seats ? Category 1 for all 3 iran games is already in high demand supposedly. I will probably pull the trigger this week and purchase.

Also, for US Residents , I heard getting visa to russia is very difficult ? Would it be better to apply with iranian identification, passports, etc ( I know visa process for iranian entering russia is very easy). Some help from PfDC fam would be appreciated.
                  As i know you don't need to have visa for your trips before or during the World Cup.
                  Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

so whoever from Germany or Netherlands/Belgium is ready to go for the world cup together (together booking) tell me to check it up.
                    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                    -

Comment

The good thing about having a ticket, is that you won't need a visa (Getting a Russian visa from North America costs close to $200), and sadly for us Iranians, we get visa-free travel to Russia only if part of a tour and departing from Tehran.

For those living in N.A, return tickets from NY to Moscow, if purchased in advance won't cost more than $500. So nothing monumental !

Comment

Wait, can you explain that part to me? I was under the impression that anyone from a Western country needed a Visa to go to Russia. So if someone purchases a World Cup ticket they can just go with a Western passport to the airport and when they land in Russia all they need is their passport and their World Cup ticket to pass customs?

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                        The good thing about having a ticket, is that you won't need a visa (Getting a Russian visa from North America costs close to $200), and sadly for us Iranians, we get visa-free travel to Russia only if part of a tour and departing from Tehran.

For those living in N.A, return tickets from NY to Moscow, if purchased in advance won't cost more than $500. So nothing monumental !

Comment

^ Yes....for period of 10 days before the tournament, to 10 days after the tournament, the normal visa procedure won't apply if you have a TICKET to a game and have registered it online already. http://welcome2018.com/en/journal/ma...2018-world-cu/

Comment

My brother and I just put our name down for CAT1 tickets for the group matches-- hope to see other fellow TM fans there!

Comment

If we aren't selected in the lottery, do we get our money back?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems like we're only charged if we actually get it.

What TST and categories did others buy?

Comment

Just completed application for TST4 for Iran (Group stages and Round of 16 game). If we end up getting past round of 16 I figured I'd look to get dodgy tickets whilst over there, anyone know what the market rates are like in Russia for a healthy kidney?

PS. Deadline is close, people!

Comment

Working...
                                X