This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly
    We’re more likely to perform best vs teams who’d consider our game an easy 3 pointer for them.
    Our system of play shines best vs teams who try & attack us in large numbers.
    I’d like to have at least one side who we would feel equal or superior to & two other traditional powerhouses who aren’t necessarily at their historic peaks & sorta overrated..! Like England, Netherlands n such

Comment

Does any know if Ali Karimi is back from his injury yet?

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
        Does any know if Ali Karimi is back from his injury yet?
        He suffered another injury.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
          He suffered another injury.
          Do you know the extent of the injury? Will he be out for the next friendlies?

Comment

With these strings of injuries, I worry Karimi won't make the WC squad.
            With Ebrahimi in form and healthy, he looks like a lock to make it.
            Ezzatollahi will probably make it since he is one of CQ's favorites and playing European football.

Comment

Apparently we will face Serbia and Venezuela in November.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                Apparently we will face Serbia and Venezuela in November.
                source

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  source
                  Its already been cancelled bro
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                    Lol some people have already forgotten how well Masoud was playing for TM before the ban.
                    Also he is killing it in Greece.
                    Masoud is still on another level.
                    Masoud is good in Greek league which is slow. He won't help us against stronger European or South American teams. He will be invisible as he was during most of the WCQ qualifiers against Asian opponent. The time of Masoud being in another level has ended. He was a great asset for us at one point specially during 2006-2011 when we lost too many star players. We have to accept the reality even legendary Ali Karimi was not that good in his last years. Masoud is a level down in our NT and if we can not fill CAM gap with a better, younger and faster player that is going to be one of our main failures. A great player should know when to step down like Nekonam or Karimi. They left NT when they saw they are declining and could help less. Neko could still play another year. Same goes to Karim Bagheri. Ali Daei is the prime example of a player who pushed forward although he knew he was old and slow and partially to blame for our failure on 2006 WC.

Same story about finding a good replacement for LB position. Milmo is our first choice but if he gets injured we have nobody close to his level. Mohamad Ansari of Persepolis and Saeed Aghai of Sepahan were closest sub choices. Ansari failed to impress on this position and Aghai has not been tested yet.
                    Our main areas of concern in upcoming WC will be GK, CAM and LB.
                    Last edited by PersianLegion; 10-23-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

CQ and Seyed Jalal's votes at the Ballon D'Or

Player of the year
                      CQ: 1- Ronaldo 2- Messi 3- Neymar
                      Hosseini: 1- Ronaldo 2- Messi 3- Neymr

Coach of the year
                      CQ: 1- Zidane 2- Conte 3- Löw
                      Hosseini: Zidane 2- Conte -3- Jardim

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                        Our main areas of concern in upcoming WC will be GK, CAM and LB.
                        Hopefully with more playing time and adjustments, Ghoddos will solve that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Hopefully with more playing time and adjustments, Ghoddos will solve that problem.
                          Ghoddos is young and fast attacker but he lacks physical strength. I don't know about his ball distribution ability. He is more like a winger/AMF/SS player to me. We have someone like Mohsen Mosalman or Soroush Rafie who are younger than Shojai but Mosalman lacks discipline and physical strength, and Soroush went to the wrong league in Qatar to rot!

Comment

Ghoddos is young and fast attacker but he lacks physical strength. I don't know about his ball distribution ability. He is more like a winger/AMF/SS player to me. We have someone like Mohsen Mosalman or Soroush Rafie who are younger than Shojai but Mosalman lacks discipline and physical strength, and Soroush went to the wrong league in Qatar to rot!
                            Ghoddos still needs to prove himself in TM but believe me dude.... if it's between Mohsen Mosalman (a very good player) and Soroush Rafiei, I'd go with the young Ghoddos any day of the week for the CAM position. No questions.

His physical strength seems to be good enough against bigger teams in Europe so I'm sure that's not a problem in TM either.

Comment

Ghoddos still needs to prove himself in TM but believe me dude.... if it's between Mohsen Mosalman (a very good player) and Soroush Rafiei, I'd go with the young Ghoddos any day of the week for the CAM position. No questions.
                              I just mentioned a couple of players CQ might find more people just like the way he brought Torabi to our team as a surprise weapon.
                              His physical strength seems to be good enough against bigger teams in Europe so I'm sure that's not a problem in TM either.
                              I saw him playing during last friendly match and he was out muscled by Russians. I couldn't see the usual Saman in that match. That shows he either is not ready to play against physically stronger European teams or he still needs more practice and time to sync with the rest of the team.
                              Last edited by PersianLegion; 10-23-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I saw him playing during last friendly match and he was out muscled by Russians. I couldn't see the usual Saman in that match. That shows he either is not ready to play against physically stronger European teams or he still needs more practice and time to sync with the rest of the team.
                                One game out of 2 in total in TM should not really be the base for conclusions man. Specially when he's shown in his club what he can do against bigger European teams. Of course it's about adjustment issues! Once he's synced, he will kick a$$!

Unless of course he turns out to be one of those club players who never does equally well in national team, which would be very pity! But judging by the way he played for Sweden in those friendlies, I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X