X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
    "FOR ME, THE DRAW COULD NOT HAVE GONE BETTER» - CARLOS QUEIROZ

Carlos Queiroz, Iran coach, commented on the draw for the 2018 World Cup, which saw duels with Portugal, Spain and Morocco in Group B. "Personally I'm very happy because it's a group with two very special country teams for me. For Iran, it's going to be a very tough competition. It would always be so regardless of the group. But when you have Spain, World Champion and Portugal, champion of Europe ... for me, I could not have done better, "he began by saying at the end of the draw that took place in Moscow on Friday.

Asked who is stronger, whether Portugal or Spain: «Well ... first we will play with Morocco and then we start to prepare very well the following games. What matters most is playing with ambition and leaving the World Cup with honor. No doubt Spain and Portugal are favorites, unless they make mistakes. It is unlikely. "

Queiroz confessed that he had already commented on the draw with the Spanish counterpart:" Yes, we have. I said "calm, easy ..." (laughs). ""

http://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/704253

"Carlos Queiroz, Iran coach, spoke with Four minutes after finishing the 2018 World Cup draw . A draw that is very special for the Real Madrid coach since it crosses the country where he trained in 2003-2004 and with his native country.

Balance of the draw : "Personally I am very happy because it is a group with two selections from two very special places for me. For us it is going to be a very tough competition. It would always be hard, it did not matter in the group where we were. But when you're with Spain, world champion, and with Portugal, European champion ... It could not be a better draw for me. "

Which is stronger of the two? "That ... We have to play against Morocco first and then prepare very well for what's coming. The most important thing for Iran is to play with desire, respect and leave the World Cup with honor. No doubt Spain and Portugal are favorites unless they make mistakes. It is unlikely...".

What scares you from Spain? "Everything, the quality, the intensity, the rhythm ...".

Have you spoken with Lopetegui ?: "Yes, we have already spoken and I said: 'Quiet, calm ... (laughs)."

The Iran coach also said:

- What possibilities does Iran have in a group in which Spain and Portugal are?
    - Spain and Portugal are favorites, of course. But only on paper. Then in football we already know that nothing is impossible. There are times when the mouse escapes the cat. Iran is going to leave the skin, will play with honor and dignity and aims that all the Iranian people feel proud of their Selection.

- You are Portuguese and have worked in Spain, what do you feel?
    - For me it is a very special group, because Portugal is my country and I had the fortune to train Real Madrid, so my link with Spain is narrow. But now only the coach of Iran and my goal is to make it difficult for some as well as for others, and also for Morocco. But we are aware of our possibilities. What is certain is that we are going to make war, that it will not be easy to beat Iran and that my players will try to have their minute of glory. There is nothing written. We'll see what happens."

https://as.com/futbol/2017/12/01/mun...93_359311.html
    What an amazing coach, reading his response, I feel nothing but pride, honor, and hope to be a TM fan. Such mentality will only strengthen TM psyche. We know we're underdogs, we know we come in with least support, funding, and preparation. We know we will face the giants of Europe and the world. But nothing is impossible, and we have nothing to fear but our own self-doubt and fears. CQ & TM SHIREH!

Comment

CQ complained about Taj... something about Taj asking CQ to talk to Rouhani and ask for more money!

Comment

With game against portugal and Spain, TM players will be under the spotlights for once.

Comment

Wait, didn't CQ reference some long term plan for Iran and WC 2022 back when we qualified against Uzbekistan in June?

Comment

The CQ IFF fights have started again
            Can't we have a day of joy for this football?

Comment

Comments from all Group B. coaches:

"Group B

Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

Portugal coach Fernando Santos: “It’s a very deceptive and treacherous group. Portugal have to accept that we are one of the favourites but if you look in a bit more detail, you can see it’s very difficult. Spain are naturally favourites, as I’ve always said.”

Spain coach Julen Lopetegui: ”Portugal are a great team, the current European champions and with a host of top-level footballers. The majority of Morocco’s players are playing in Europe and they knocked the Ivory Coast out and haven’t lost any games.

“Iran didn’t concede a single goal in qualifying and have a coach who has been there a long time.”

Iran coach Carlos Queiroz: “Personally, I‘m happy because Spain and Portugal are two very special teams for me. For Iran, it’s going to be really tough... the most important thing is to play with ambition and leave the World Cup honourably.”

Morocco coach Herve Renard: “Our first match against Iran will be decisive....It looks difficult on paper but nothing is impossible in football. We have to believe in ourselves and continue with the same dynamic... it’s going to be marvellous.”"

https://uk.reuters.com/article/socce...-idUKL3N1O14KX

Comment

IFF is planning on a 4 nation tournament in March. Among the participating teams is Qatar and likely Uruguay.
                https://www.tarafdari.com/%D8%AE%D8%...86%D8%A8%D9%87

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  CQ complained about Taj... something about Taj asking CQ to talk to Rouhani and ask for more money!
                  https://static2.90tv.ir/902743b4/Key...EX_90tv.ir.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    IFF is planning on a 4 nation tournament in March. Among the participating teams is Qatar and likely Uruguay.
                    https://www.tarafdari.com/%D8%AE%D8%...86%D8%A8%D9%87
                    so Uruguay's senior team and their rejects team will be participating. great.

Comment

http://90tv.ir/video/428935/%DA%AF%D...%86%DB%8C-2018

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                        so Uruguay's senior team and their rejects team will be participating. great.
                        Is this being funded by Iran or Qatar. If I remember correctly Iran some sort of partnership deal with Qatar while back?

Considering Qatars current politics in region. I see it as a good thing that Qatar football federation might turn to Iran. Especially, for preparation of WC 2022. "Through common enemy we become friends"
                        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Taj was on the phone and talked about two friendly games against "very good" teams, that will be either held in Qatar or somewhere else.
                          One of them is probably Uruguay.

Comment

Taj was on the phone and talked about two friendly games against "very good" teams, that will be either held in Qatar or somewhere else.
                            One of them is probably Uruguay.
                            why are we playing uruguay?we are facing two european teams, i get why urugay wanna play us ,because of saudi but what we gona gain by playing them, and if we going to play them it better be thier full strenght team, i dont want to play uruguay B or C team

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              why are we playing uruguay?we are facing two european teams, i get why urugay wanna play us ,because of saudi but what we gona gain by playing them, and if we going to play them it better be thier full strenght team, i dont want to play uruguay B or C team
                              They are a great team. If we play their A Team - it's a great prep game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                They are a great team. If we play their A Team - it's a great prep game.
                                i know but are they are good team to prepare for european team preperation ,the key is uruguay A team

Comment

Working...
                                X