Iran vs Togo Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
    The thing that stood out most to me was the angle of passes that Ghoddos finally brought to TM.

He has a habit of being on the wing and back passing to a open man somewhere in the center of the box, and not shooting his cross over the face of goal. Very refreshing to see.
    I know I noticed the exact same thing, that's why when he gets synchronized with the team he is going to be a vital player, he also takes shots from outside the box which is rare for us.
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

A few observations:

Cheshmi at centre back reminds me a lot of Fernando Hierro. Calm, composed and classy. Can play in central midfield but a bit slow there. Classy option to have at the back.

Torabi first half was excellent in central midfield. It was almost as if Queiroz had taken a note from Pep's idea to play Kevin De Bruyne in central midfield for Man City. Torabi playing there has a very similar rangey style of running with the ball and passing, if not clearly the same level. But as other members have pointed out he dribbled with it too many times when an easy pass would have been safer and also tired badly in the second half. He seems to be a great attacking option there for the second half or last 30 mins or so if we need a goal. He can link play from deep and create overloads by following his passes out wide.

I disagree with a lot of the negative assessment on Kaveh Rezaei. Watch him again - he takes up a lot of good positions, often not found by poor passes or poor decisions from other players. He is a decent option and needs more time to improve link up with the rest of the team.

Also I think a lot of members here seem to overlook a lot of the good that Ezatollahi brings - he didn't play anywhere near as badly as people are making out.

Ghoddos was mostly disjointed, but showed flashes of what he can bring - smart, sharp passes, driving with the ball at speed and dangerous shots from distance. As with Rezaei this disjointed start is to be expected. Personally think Jahanbaksh still looks disjointed and subpar every time he plays for TM despite being with us for several years now!

Comment

Cheshmi is making a serious case for a starting spot in Russia. He's so calm and cool in the back like montazeri but is just simply stronger and faster than all of his competition. A high IQ, no non sense player like him has so much value I'm hoping CQ will give him playing time in every single friendly between now and the summer because he needs all the exposure to the international level he can get.

Glad to see ghoddos having an impact he looked very solid from what I saw. Ebrahimi was a workhorse as usual too.

I think this game is giving CQ some things to think about moving forward....good head aches to have as a coach!
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

cheshmi --- PAG duo needs to start vs russia.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
              did you paint this yourself?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Comment

Cheshmi, PAG, Hosseini, Montazeri would be great for the WC.
                Aghaei, Ansari are fighting for that backup LB spot to Milmo
                Ramin and Ghafouri seem to have RB locked down
                Ebrahimi, Ezzatollahi, Hajsafi for CDM
                Dejagah, JB, Ghoddos, Torabi seem like the only locks for midfield..... Amiri, Karimi, Shojaei battling for the possible other spots
                Sardar, Gucci are locks for striker.... Ansarifard, Taremi should have competition from Rezaei,

Comment

Ehhh game

Comment

I was impressed with how Team Melli played. It was a Team Melli "B" squad and so was Togo.

Let's look at the Togo footballers who played this match. There were only a few European-based players!!!

Starting Lineup: Sabirou Bassa-Djeri [GK](Gbikinti Bassar) - Djené Dakonam Ortega (Getafe CF, ESP), Hakim Ouro-Sama (AS Togo-Port Lomé)
                    Sadat Ouro-Akoriko (AmaZulu Durban, RSA), Steve Lawson (Neuchâtel Xamax, SUI) - Ihlas Bebou (Hannover 96, GER),
                    Franco Atchou (Dynamic Togolais Lomé), Lalawele Atakora (Adana Demirspor, TUR), Mathieu Dossevi (FC Metz, FRA) -
                    Peniel Mlapa (Dynamo Dresden, GER), Kodjo Fo Doh Laba (Renaissance Berkane, MAR).

subs:
                    Komlan Agbegniadan (West African Football Academy, GHA), Maklibe Kouloun (Dynamic Togolais Lomé),
                    Guillaume Yenoussi (Dynamic Togolais Lomé), Dove Wome (SuperSport United Pretoria, RSA),
                    Serge Seko (Progresso Sambizanga, ANG).

NOTE: Togo has so many other European based players some of whom are the following and did not play due to Injury or did not get invited for this
                    match.

Emmanuel Adebayor (Istanbul Basaksehir, TUR)
                    Floyd Ayite (Fullham, ENG)
                    Serge Akakpo (Trabzonspor, TUR)
                    Abdoul-Gafar Mamah (Dacia Chisinau, Moldova)
                    Serge Gakpé (Chievo, ITA)
                    Prince Segbefia (Göztepe, TUR)
                    Alaixys Romao (Olympiacos, GRE)
                    Jonathan Ayité (Yeni Malatyaspor, TUR)
                    Razak Boukari (Châteauroux, FRA)

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                      I was impressed with how Team Melli played. It was a Team Melli "B" squad and so was Togo.

Let's look at the Togo footballers who played this match. There were only a few European-based players!!!

Starting Lineup: Sabirou Bassa-Djeri [GK](Gbikinti Bassar) - Djené Dakonam Ortega (Getafe CF, ESP), Hakim Ouro-Sama (AS Togo-Port Lomé)
                      Sadat Ouro-Akoriko (AmaZulu Durban, RSA), Steve Lawson (Neuchâtel Xamax, SUI) - Ihlas Bebou (Hannover 96, GER),
                      Franco Atchou (Dynamic Togolais Lomé), Lalawele Atakora (Adana Demirspor, TUR), Mathieu Dossevi (FC Metz, FRA) -
                      Peniel Mlapa (Dynamo Dresden, GER), Kodjo Fo Doh Laba (Renaissance Berkane, MAR).

subs:
                      Komlan Agbegniadan (West African Football Academy, GHA), Maklibe Kouloun (Dynamic Togolais Lomé),
                      Guillaume Yenoussi (Dynamic Togolais Lomé), Dove Wome (SuperSport United Pretoria, RSA),
                      Serge Seko (Progresso Sambizanga, ANG).

NOTE: Togo has so many other European based players some of whom are the following and did not play due to Injury or did not get invited for this
                      match.

Emmanuel Adebayor (Istanbul Basaksehir, TUR)
                      Floyd Ayite (Fullham, ENG)
                      Serge Akakpo (Trabzonspor, TUR)
                      Abdoul-Gafar Mamah (Dacia Chisinau, Moldova)
                      Serge Gakpé (Chievo, ITA)
                      Prince Segbefia (Göztepe, TUR)
                      Alaixys Romao (Olympiacos, GRE)
                      Jonathan Ayité (Yeni Malatyaspor, TUR)
                      Razak Boukari (Châteauroux, FRA)
                      I would say technically that was our C team, based on how many players got their first cap. B team in my opinion is when the majority of your players are your "back up" players. However lots of the players weren't even the back up, they were getting their first cap.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Team Melli B played well against Togo.

I'm proud of them and especially my boy Karim Ansarifard! It was nice to see him back on the pitch with Iran. It had been a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X