No announcement yet.

Iran will be in pot 3 for the draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when is the pool draw going to happen? next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
      Sweden is just very unlucky to get drawn with Italy.

And I wouldn't say they didn't deserve it if they defeat Italy and make it to the WC.
      Saman is having the best sleep of his life tonight

Comment

I doubt Peru will lose to New Zealand. They haven't qualified to the World Cup in over 2 decades. If that's not enough motivation for a team, I don't know what is.

I predict Peru wins 2-1 in New Zealand and then 1-0 in Peru to seal the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
          I also somehow would love to get England for some reason. What a joy that would be. Just imagine. Most overrated pot 2 team!
          Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
          Sometimes, I am very entertained by the naivety on these message boards.
          England is "over-rated" compared to other top European teams, maybe. However, we would be serious underdogs against them; they are much more difficult to beat, than say.. Russia.
          Here is their current squad (as per Wikipedia):
          Untitled.jpg
          Look at that squad, carefully. Look at which clubs their starters play for, and tell me again how you would "weep for joy".

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
            I am really hoping Iceland goes to Pot 2 and we land them.
            Imagine Russia, Iceland, Iran, Panama. That would be a wide open group for everyone
            Let's not underestimate Iceland. They qualified at the top of a tough group, beat Turkey and Croatia on both legs. Group included Ukraine.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I agree. To be honest whatever group Iran is in, it's going to be mighty tough for us to do anything. Beating one team in the group would be the best we can hope for. Anything else is a big bonus.

Comment

Iceland is at least one level ahead of Team Melli! Don't underestimate them as we underestimated Bosnia in 2014 just because we beat them once 1-0...
                TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                  Sometimes, I am very entertained by the naivety on these message boards.
                  England is "over-rated" compared to other top European teams, maybe. However, we would be serious underdogs against them; they are much more difficult to beat, than say.. Russia.
                  Here is their current squad (as per Wikipedia):
                  [ATTACH]17556[/ATTACH]
                  Look at that squad, carefully. Look at which clubs their starters play for, and tell me again how you would "weep for joy".
                  Have you watched them play? Even the English press and fans know the individual quality if the players is almost irrelevant when they play for the national side. They haven't played well in a single competitive match since about 2004. They're quite clearly one of the weakest pot 2 sides and yet beating them would cause major headlines which beating the likes of Mexico or Uruguay wouldn't even though those are arguably two better sides.

Comment

I'd be pumped if we get Iceland. The atmosphere would be unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                      I doubt Peru will lose to New Zealand. They haven't qualified to the World Cup in over 2 decades. If that's not enough motivation for a team, I don't know what is.

I predict Peru wins 2-1 in New Zealand and then 1-0 in Peru to seal the deal.
                      There is NO New Zealand. Do you mean Australia?
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                        There is NO New Zealand. Do you mean Australia?
                        There is. They qualified for the single play-off spot on offer for the Oceana confederation.

Comment

New Zealand will play Peru in the play offs. I dont see them making it to the world cup this time. Last time they played Bahrain and that was an easier game
                          sigpic

Comment

Peru will murder New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                            X