No announcement yet.

King Quieroz just said Iran can be top 10 in world football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There needs to be a statue of him in front of Azadi. IMO he is the most influential individual in the history of our football. Far more than any player.
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
      There needs to be a statue of him in front of Azadi. IMO he is the most influential individual in the history of our football. Far more than any player.
      Sorry. Nekounam, Mahdavikia and Daei are what I call kings of Iranian football. They have contributed more to Team Melli than any other player or individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Sorry. Nekounam, Mahdavikia and Daei are what I call kings of Iranian football. They have contributed more to Team Melli than any other player or individual.
        Not even close.

Comment

Not even close.
          Agree. CQ still has a few miles to reach them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Agree. CQ still has a few miles to reach them.
            Right. Because if we never had CQ as a coach we would have over a dozen of players in Europe, easily qualify for the WC, have the most successful youth program we've ever had, and have a realistic hope of reaching the knockout stage next year. Those names you mentioned were wonderful players and opened a lot of doors, but MAYBE if you added them all together they could reach the amount of influence CQ has had on all levels of football over the past several years. If CQ were Iranian this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Comment

It's so sad this this great quote got completely overlooked because of the wording used in the thread title. Engar CQ called himself the King.

Look at what he is saying and pay attention to how one of the great managers of the modern era is telling us how to improve our football, while at the same time showing how much he believes in the potential of Iranian footballers.

Comment

Keyroshemooneeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                  It's so sad this this great quote got completely overlooked because of the wording used in the thread title. Engar CQ called himself the King.

Look at what he is saying and pay attention to how one of the great managers of the modern era is telling us how to improve our football, while at the same time showing how much he believes in the potential of Iranian footballers.
                  This is Persian mentality

''Why you eat Apple Orange much better''

And so on

Long live CQ
                  Long Live Iran

Iranian people need a remix/makeover or whatever you want to call it
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Right. Because if we never had CQ as a coach we would have over a dozen of players in Europe, easily qualify for the WC, have the most successful youth program we've ever had, and have a realistic hope of reaching the knockout stage next year. Those names you mentioned were wonderful players and opened a lot of doors, but MAYBE if you added them all together they could reach the amount of influence CQ has had on all levels of football over the past several years. If CQ were Iranian this wouldn't even be a discussion.
                    hahahaha...if CQ was Iranian?!! If he was Iranian he would have been fired a long time ago. Nobody believes in Iranian coaches in Iran (or even outside Iran).

Everything else you mentioned, we have done in the past without CQ too. We've had even more players in Europe and they played in better leagues/teams. We qualified to the WC2006 easily. We had a realistic hope of advancing to the second round in that WC, with some of our players playing in top leagues/teams in Europe, including Ali Karimi in Bayern Munich.

As for a successful youth program..... calm down dude...we had only a good U17 WC once! That's all. That doesn't say anything about our youth program. If we had a good youth program, poor Mahdavikia didn't need to work his ass off to create Kia academy. When we qualify to the U17 WC every time and do well every time, THEN we can talk about a successful youth program. and besides their coach was an Iranian too. I don't know how CQ suddenly ended up in your equation there!

Having said all that, what CQ has done, is the way he's handled IFF and Iran's government. THAT's something no one has ever done before. That's the reason we are finally getting friendly games and preparing for the WC semi-properly. But I wouldn't give all of that to CQ either, even though he is the biggest reason behind it. You have to give a big credit to Taj and his gang for doing a fantastic job. CQ couldn't do the the same with Kafashian in charge, remember?

So let's calm down and don't get jav-gir. CQ is a very good coach for Iran. But let's not make a god out of him.

Comment

hahahaha...if CQ was Iranian?!! If he was Iranian he would have been fired a long time ago. Nobody believes in Iranian coaches in Iran (or even outside Iran).

Everything else you mentioned, we have done in the past without CQ too. We've had even more players in Europe and they played in better leagues/teams. We qualified to the WC2006 easily. We had a realistic hope of advancing to the second round in that WC, with some of our players playing in top leagues/teams in Europe, including Ali Karimi in Bayern Munich.

As for a successful youth program..... calm down dude...we had only a good U17 WC once! That's all. That doesn't say anything about our youth program. If we had a good youth program, poor Mahdavikia didn't need to work his ass off to create Kia academy. When we qualify to the U17 WC every time and do well every time, THEN we can talk about a successful youth program. and besides their coach was an Iranian too. I don't know how CQ suddenly ended in your equation there!

Having said all that, what CQ has done, is the way he's handled IFF and Iran's government. THAT's something no one has ever done before. That's the reason we are finally getting friendly games and preparing for the WC semi-properly. But I wouldn't give all of that to CQ either, even though he is the biggest reason behind it. You have to give a big credit to Taj and his gang for doing a fantastic job. CQ couldn't do the the same with Kafashian in charge, remember?

So let's calm down and don't get jav-gir. CQ is a very good coach for Iran. But let's not make a god out of him.
                      I think we got our own Asadi in the forum lads.. haha, anyway.. normally a coach for the national team isn't responsible for the youth teams.. they have their own coaches and programs. thats 1. 2nd of all iranian coaches are pure crap.. and if CQ was iranian he would have succeeded just because his mentality to fight and obtain the right degree of being a football coach and so on.. Iranian coaches have this lazy chos chosoo mentality which is why they suck ass. CQ was the reason to show what other coaches before him did wrong and basiccally almost destroyed our football completely by using the same players in every single match!.. oh and about daei.. if we had a coach with CQ's his inteligence he wouldn't have so many goals.. he would then use benchwarmers and other youth players to get international experience and exposure so they can also go into better leagues.

ali karimi and the other leagionnaires from back then.. tell me how many they were.. you probably can count them on 1 hand.. Mr Asadi.. tell me how many we have now!

Comment

How about getting us two wins and a tie in the WC mister? We are not short of talent but we lack prep & planning as bad as an average African team.

Comment

When you win a major title you get a medal, gold star, or a trophy. You need at least one of those with TM in some capacity before you are a king. We haven't won anything with him yet...to be fair, we all hope that will change soon!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

As for a successful youth program..... calm down dude...we had only a good U17 WC once! That's all. That doesn't say anything about our youth program. If we had a good youth program, poor Mahdavikia didn't need to work his ass off to create Kia academy. When we qualify to the U17 WC every time and do well every time, THEN we can talk about a successful youth program. and besides their coach was an Iranian too. I don't know how CQ suddenly ended up in your equation there!

My comment about CQ being Iranian was directed at your mentality not in regards to his chances of success.

2006, we qualified second in a ridiculously easy group. We qualified over Bahrain and North Korea. Our best player was still an old Ali Daei.

As far as having legionaries, we would have like 3 or 4 max. Right now we have over a dozen players in Europe. Even our backups are going to Europe. European teams are starting to take notice and actively scouting our youth.

I never used the word god, as an atheist I don't really use that word, my point is that CQ has improved our football to a point not seen before.

Comment

^
                              @ ozone.
                              we have. Players slapping each other and fighting and a lot of other BS has stopped. We understand and act world class, no Iranian coach has had that understanding and its importance. Our players are able to demonstrate good football and civilized behavior representing 80 millions.

Our sportsmen can still misbehave, recent final game of waterpolo tournament resulted in both finalists Malta and Iran to get disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                                I think we got our own Asadi in the forum lads.. haha, anyway.. normally a coach for the national team isn't responsible for the youth teams.. they have their own coaches and programs. thats 1. 2nd of all iranian coaches are pure crap.. and if CQ was iranian he would have succeeded just because his mentality to fight and obtain the right degree of being a football coach and so on.. Iranian coaches have this lazy chos chosoo mentality which is why they suck ass. CQ was the reason to show what other coaches before him did wrong and basiccally almost destroyed our football completely by using the same players in every single match!.. oh and about daei.. if we had a coach with CQ's his inteligence he wouldn't have so many goals.. he would then use benchwarmers and other youth players to get international experience and exposure so they can also go into better leagues.

ali karimi and the other leagionnaires from back then.. tell me how many they were.. you probably can count them on 1 hand.. Mr Asadi.. tell me how many we have now!
                                LOL dude, you just more or lesss repeated everything I wrote and use it against me? Read my text properly. I was saying more or less the same. CQ would have been fired if he was Iranian because with the smallest bad result in his first year, he would have been labeled as an amateurish coach by our so called experts.

and I don't know how old you are...probably you're very young so you don't know. But at one point after the WC98, we had 14-15 players in Europe, not playing in the Russian or the Greek leagues, but playing in Germany, Italy, Belgium, etc.

Again..... read my 2 last paragraphs in my previous reply with care. CQ is a good coach. But please do not get jav-gir.

Comment

Working...
                                X